Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi
I would appreciate it if someone could please evaluate my profile for the LBS MBA programme

Background: Indian, Female
Undergraduate Degree: BE in Computer Engineering
GPA - 3.3
GMAT: 710- Q49, V39, IR5
Work experience till date: 2 jobs over 3 years 9 months
Job 1: 3 years 4 months as a Business Analyst + Senior Business Analyst.
I was closely involved with identifying data trends, anomalies and potential areas of improvement for BAU.
Job 2: 5 months as Product Analyst at a Unicorn company.
Involves monitoring product performance and working on how to continually upgrade the product for better customer experience.

Extra Curriculars:
Participated in and won a few Debate Competitions in college.
Member of College Annual Fest Organising Committee.
As Vice President of Environment Club in school, I played a pivotal role in planning, organising and executing Annual fests year after year.
I paint from time to time as a hobby and have been involved in Volunteering work as well.

Post MBA Goals:
Having gained extensive exposure to data and analytical tools, I want to be in a position to use these tools to drive business decisions. Product Management is what I intend to get into after my MBA.

I am planning for Fall 2023 intake.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
VirajA wrote:
Hi
I would appreciate it if someone could please evaluate my profile for the LBS MBA programme

GPA - 3.3
I was closely involved with identifying data trends, anomalies and potential areas of improvement for BAU.
Involves monitoring product performance and working on how to continually upgrade the product for better customer experience.

Extra Curriculars:
As Vice President of Environment Club in school, I played a pivotal role in planning, organising and executing Annual fests year after year.
I paint from time to time as a hobby and have been involved in Volunteering work as well.

Post MBA Goals:
Having gained extensive exposure to data and analytical tools, I want to be in a position to use these tools to drive business decisions. Product Management is what I intend to get into after my MBA.

Hello VirajA,

Hope this finds you well.

We just responded to your query on Rotman. Practically, for LBS as well, we would like to see a higher GMAT score owing to the fact that you also belong to an over-represented pool of applicants.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS MiM "23
Send PM
Hi guys!

This may seem as a little off-topic, but do you think a Russian student applying to LBS still has chances of being accepted amid current geopolitical situation and sanctions to be imposed by UK over Russia?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1751
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
VirajA wrote:
Hi

GPA - 3.3

Extra Curriculars:

Post MBA Goals:

VirajA hi,
My name is Shimri Winters from ARINGO (I am a London Business School alumnus, I interviewed candidates for the school for 8 years, and I head ARINGO’s strategy team).

From what I can see you have a very interesting profile!!!
Yes, the GPA is not the highest and the GMAT is mediocre (as you come from an over-represented background)
BUT, your career progress and what you do seem super impressive. Remember, GMAT is not everything!
You are moving in the right direction with 3 positions in 4 years, and currently working for a unicorn (would love to hear more about this) this sounds great!

Very excited to see you were active in college, which is something MBA programs love! and this can explain why your GPA wasn't higher.

Career goals also seem fine! Although I would make them clear and mention specific company names you would like to work in post MBA, and your long-term ambitious goal.

GMAT – 710 might just be enough if you can't face taking it again… but, if you can improve it, the higher the better!

I am missing some info on your management experiences, international interactions, hobbies, etc. but you can fill me in on these if and when we speak.

All in all - I think your profile is strong and with some stellar applications (we can help with that 😊), I really think you have a great chance of getting accepted to some of the top schools!

Step 1 – Decide if you are taking the GMAT again. you have time. so if you can, work on that!
Step 2 - Once you complete the GMAT, I would love to review your profile further, discuss other aspects of your application and perhaps work together on getting some acceptance letters : ). As always, I can be reached at Shimriw@ARINGO.com

Hope to talk soon! and GOOD LUCK!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Hi VirajA , decent profile but not exceptional when it comes to competitive schools such as LBS, INSEAD and similar. The Indian applicant pool has become extremely competitive. Suggest that you apply in R1 with stellar essays. Try to improve your GMAT if possible but I believe that a drastic improvement in other aspects of your profile would do more good than just improving GMAT score.

In order to present a balanced profile, you would have to showcase active current involvement in leading community initiatives outside work or diversity initiatives at work. Your ECs seem dated. You could refer to my write up to understand how to talk about creating a larger impact :

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-put-t ... l#p2943926

Coming to your career progression, you have made considerable effort in pursuing a path towards your post MBA goals. This is good. However, there would be several Indian applicants with similar trajectory, how would you then differentiate yourself? Assuming that you are currently working in a startup in India, a stint abroad can definitely give an edge to your application. LBS is one of those schools that highly value international experience. If foregoing another year to find an opportunity abroad does not bother you, this step could set you up for success in crème de la crème of Global B Schools. You could also take up some side projects related to PM and community initiatives during this time to further strengthen your profile and improve job prospects post MBA.

Your post MBA goal seems conscientious and in line with your current situation. Demonstrate a thorough research on your target companies and strong networking skills in your essays.

If you wish to seek professional guidance on how to stay competitive as an Indian applicant, do reach out to me.

Best wishes to you

MBAGuide applications consulting and interview coaching for Top Global B Schools
Founded by INSEAD Alum and ex INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
100% interview invitation record for ISB

Contact
Aanchal Sahni
+91 9971200927

VirajA wrote:
Hi

GPA - 3.3

Extra Curriculars:

Post MBA Goals:

Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi zenkovaelizaveta, with LBS calling themselves a "UN style" program I really doubt they would discriminate against Russians but maybe even encourage applications from Russians to provide greater understanding in the classroom. I have faith that the LBS adcom will be able to separate the leader from the citizens. That said Round 3 is competitive at LBS and everywhere so if you arent accepted keep that in mind. Good luck to you!

zenkovaelizaveta wrote:
Hi guys!

This may seem as a little off-topic, but do you think a Russian student applying to LBS still has chances of being accepted amid current geopolitical situation and sanctions to be imposed by UK over Russia?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to LBS in R3. Do you think it would be wise to wait for R1 next year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Hi,

GPA - 3.3
GMAT: 740 - Q50, V41, IR5
Work experience till date: 2 jobs over 4 years
Job 2: Approximately 1 year as Product Analyst at a Unicorn company.

Extra Curriculars:
Painter and Co-Owner of a local arts and craft business specializing in acrylic, glass and water color paintings.
Participated in and won Debate Competitions in college.

Post MBA Goals:

Send PM
Expert Reply
VirajA hi,
Shimri Winters from ARINGO here (and LBS alumnus)
you have a great profile. I am really impressed!
on the good side:
- Great GMAT
- Very nice professional experience and progress
- Very nice extracurricular activity

Things which are unknown to me:
- GPA sounds high for computer science but do you know what place (what %) you were in your class?
- Do you work with any international clients?
- Do you have any managerial experience?
- Which other schools are you applying to?

In terms of your career goals, they are solid, but you should be more specific.
Product manager where? which company? what industry? why do you need an MBA for this? and how will this help you with your long-term goal which is what?

All in all I really like you profile and if you are looking for someone to assist you with your applications (check out our LBS stats: https://www.aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/) and want some more info, and a deeper profile review, please send me your CV, school wish list and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com
GOOD LUCK!

VirajA wrote:
Hi,

GPA - 3.3

Extra Curriculars:
Painter and Co-Owner of a local arts and craft business specializing in acrylic, glass and water color paintings.

Post MBA Goals:

Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, VirajA,

Thank you for your post!

First, I would like to congratulate you on backing a 740 in your GMAT from your previous 710; that's quite Exceptional and does showcase your capability of self-introspection and improvement! Moreover, you have a decent GPA. Also, I would suggest adding more about your overall statistics and giving you brief information about any additional courses and certifications. You are good on the academic front.

Coming to your Work experience, you have a good amount of experience. As we have already evaluated your profile previously for Rotman, we won't suggest much change in your profile. All you need to do is highlight critical projects, stellar leadership examples, and any international exposure/experience and back them up with excellence in the field.

About your ECAs, you were quite active during your college days working in diverse fields; you should try adding some ECAs you are currently engaged in. Nevertheless, your local arts and craft business has a lot of potential and could really help expand your horizons to engage in an interesting conversation with AdCom. Also, I find your post-MBA goal well aligned with your past experiences, making them collinear as they are! Additionally, you could also divide them into short- and long-term goals to make them more relevant!

Overall, your profile is decent, with strong ECAs and a good GMAT score. All you need to do is add some stellar leadership examples and all about your experience as an entrepreneur. You have a good chance at LBS; all you need is a little guidance in branding! As the adcom is more interested in how you helped your company grow and what were the individual contributions that would make you different from the rest! Hence, If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to your target MBA programs; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

VirajA wrote:
Hi,

GPA - 3.3

Extra Curriculars:

Post MBA Goals:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Kudos
Hi
I would appreciate if someone can evaluate my profile for LBS MBA.

Background - Indian, Male
GMAT - 710 (Q47, V40, IR 8)
Educational Background - Chartered Accountant (Cleared all levels in first attempt)
Total Work experience - 6.5 Years

Job 1 - Risk consulting in one of big 4s (Associate consultant & Consultant) - 2.5 Years
Conducting consulting engagements for clients in Oil & Gas Industry in India & Malaysia to identify the revenue leakages, supply chain efficiency, Sales & Marketing spends effectiveness, Logistics cost control. Also operated Program Management Office for Largest Tree Plantation drive by forest department (~5 crore saplings were planted in 24 hours) of one of the states in India (Appointed as consultant by Guiness Book of Records)

Job 2 - Management Consulting in Boutique consulting firm based out of Mumbai – 3 Years
Reason for change - Wanted to work in space which would have greater impact on business and which would give me multiple opportunities to enhance my problem solving skills.
Key projects include -
Project 1 - Worked in Founder's office of a unicorn startup operating in cab business. Improved driver partner experience on the platform by 30 points. Solved various issues faced by partners by implementing new payment gateway options, revising business policies, etc.
Project 2 - Worked with a real estate company. Helped client to improve sales by 33% Month on month in the sustenance projects by strategizing and implementing various initiatives.
Project 3 – Worked for the Pharma company to help the client reduce the market expiry of the products. Optimized supply chain to reduce market expiry from 3% to 1%
Project 4 – Estimated Market size and growth for the diagnostics company.
Project 5 – Provided Go – No go decision to the Chemical company for launching novel chemical to treat waste water.

Job 3 – Management Consulting in Big 4 (Ongoing) – 8 months so far
Project 1 – Customer experience improvement by digital transformation of the complete customer journey for the Automotive OEM in India.

Extra-curricular activities
Sports & Passion projects
1. Co founded mountain biking club in suburbs of Mumbai.
2. Organized National level races with approximately 85 participants from across India (participants count was high even considering it’s a niche sport in India)
3. Onboarded various sponsors during racing events
4. Built various mountain biking trails to support the sport and the community

Volunteering
1. Volunteered for India’s largest stationery kit distribution drive

Post MBA Goals
1. Short term - Work in top consulting firms (MBB) globally to enhance my problem solving skills and help clients grown in their respective industries
2. Long term – Work in various leadership roles in consumer facing industry (Tech product, Automotive, FMCG)
Send PM
Expert Reply
hiteshdusseja wrote:
Hi

Educational Background - Chartered Accountant (Cleared all levels in first attempt)

Job 1 - Risk consulting in one of big 4s (Associate consultant & Consultant) - 2.5 Years
Conducting consulting engagements for clients in Oil & Gas Industry in India & Malaysia to identify the revenue leakages, supply chain efficiency, Sales & Marketing spends effectiveness, Logistics cost control. Also operated Program Management Office for Largest Tree Plantation drive by forest department (~5 crore saplings were planted in 24 hours) of one of the states in India (Appointed as consultant by Guiness Book of Records)

Job 2 - Management Consulting in Boutique consulting firm based out of Mumbai – 3 Years
Reason for change - Wanted to work in space which would have greater impact on business and which would give me multiple opportunities to enhance my problem solving skills.
Key projects include -
Project 1 - Worked in Founder's office of a unicorn startup operating in cab business. Improved driver partner experience on the platform by 30 points. Solved various issues faced by partners by implementing new payment gateway options, revising business policies, etc.
Project 2 - Worked with a real estate company. Helped client to improve sales by 33% Month on month in the sustenance projects by strategizing and implementing various initiatives.
Project 3 – Worked for the Pharma company to help the client reduce the market expiry of the products. Optimized supply chain to reduce market expiry from 3% to 1%
Project 5 – Provided Go – No go decision to the Chemical company for launching novel chemical to treat waste water.

Project 1 – Customer experience improvement by digital transformation of the complete customer journey for the Automotive OEM in India.

2. Organized National level races with approximately 85 participants from across India (participants count was high even considering it’s a niche sport in India)

Volunteering

Post MBA Goals
1. Short term - Work in top consulting firms (MBB) globally to enhance my problem solving skills and help clients grown in their respective industries
2. Long term – Work in various leadership roles in consumer facing industry (Tech product, Automotive, FMCG)

hiteshdusseja hi
Shimri from ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting here
I am a London Business School alumnus and was part of the LBS interviewing committee for 8 years
You have a very impressive profile
On the "Great" side:
    I love your career progress and the projects you described!
    you have very interesting extracurricular activities. mountain bikes sound interesting (although less relevant for an MBA which is in the middle of a city...) and nice volunteering!
    The GMAT is ok (bang on LBS's average) so nothing to sing about, but accptable

The things "I need more info on" are:
    Do you have any managerial experiences
    Did you work with teams from another country (LBS emphasizes internationalism)
    Did you have any clients from another country (Same as above)
    You didn't detail your university GPA and activities throughout school (very important to show LBS you add value to your community and will continue to do so to your fellow LBS students

Regarding your Career goals
    MBB Consulting sounds too generic. a. 30% of candidates write this. b. With your career progress to date, why can't you simply apply now to one of the MBB firms? (I am assuming you did and got rejected, well... at least that is what the school would think...).
    I suggest going with something more unique, that is connected to the projects you have been doing in the last 6.5 years.
    Long-term - be more ambitious (found your own consulting firms? helping Indian companies expand to international markets perhaps?

For a detailed profile review, please send me your CV, GMAT score, entire school wish list and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com.
Perhaps we can work together on some stellar MBA applications!
Good luck!
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, hiteshdusseja,

Thank you for your post!

First of all, I would like to say that your performance is decent on the GMAT, and a score of 8 in IR is definitely above the average applicant pool. However, as you belong to an overrepresented pool, so it’s crucial to either increase your score by 20 points or compensate it in the form of stellar leadership examples, accolades, and well-written ECAs. Additionally, clearing the CA exams in the first attempt showcases your intellectual capability and will have a great first impression on the adcom.

Coming to work experience, it’s very thorough and aligns perfectly with your industry. Furthermore, the promotions and international experience surely add extra points to your candidature. Also, you did very well describing your roles & responsibilities and critical projects hence kudos on that! Moreover, working in a big four certainly add crucial elements to branding. Now all you need to do is pick out some stellar leadership examples from your tenure to be highlighted in your application. Also, since you did switch jobs during your tenure; hence, you need to give strong reasons for your decision. For your reference, I suggest you go through our article on How you can justify job switch to pursue an MBA! it would give you some beneficial insights.

Moving on to your ECs, it seems you have done a lot for the sports community! However, the biggest edge will be presenting these activities strategically, which should do better for your portfolio on paper. Hence, it would help if you elaborate on your ECAs; that should help start an interesting conversation between you and AdComs. Furthermore, I suggest you go through our article on Significance of ECAs for MBA Application, to understand the importance of drafting exemplary ECAs essays!

Overall, you have a robust profile; belonging to an overrepresented pool can be a hurdle; however, you must work on increasing your application’s credibility and adding the values you learned throughout your long tenure. Moreover, you have relevant post-MBA goals. For an MBA from LBS, you need strong academics, a global outlook, the ability to work in multicultural teams, and pragmatic career goals. Hence, If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to your target MBA programs; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Coffee with MBA and Beyond

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

hiteshdusseja wrote:
Hi

Key projects include -
Project 1 - Worked in Founder’s office of a unicorn startup operating in cab business. Improved driver partner experience on the platform by 30 points. Solved various issues faced by partners by implementing new payment gateway options, revising business policies, etc.

Volunteering

Post MBA Goals
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, could someone also review my profile for the LBS MFA program ? Applying for 2023
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Kk118 wrote:
Hi, could someone also review my profile for the LBS MFA program ? Applying for 2023

Did you post your profile?

Feel free to connect for a detailed assessment.
School Moderator - LBS Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hi, I am planning to apply for the LBS MiM in Round 1 and would love some input!

Background
- 21 year old ethnic asian adopted to a Scandinavian Country
- Male
- Post MiM goal is to continue in consulting

Education
- Just started my final year of undergraduate studies at the 2nd best business school and best university overall in my country
- GPA: 3,8/4 ~Top 3% in class
- Was selected for Honours Studies at our faculty (20 extra ECTS)

Work experience
- Consultant Intern at a Boutique Management Consulting firm in Copenhagen, started by former partners from Bain
- Sales Intern at a F50 FMCG company (recieved return offer)
- 9 months as a Management Consultant at a firm gathering top talent across faculties. Advised companies worth up to 10MEUR
- Business Development Intern at a 20MEUR Fashion Company in Sweden
- Project consultant after high school, writing pilot studies for investment projects worth 2MEUR

Extracurricular
- Background as one of the best players in my age, in my country, in handball
- Been involved in our student union since I started through 5 roles, and will continue during my last year
1. Fixed sponsors for our career fair (~3 500 visitors)
2. Led a group of 8 people to host another career event
3. Elected by our members to vote in holistic strategic decisions (e.g. Board Recruitment)
4. Founded a consulting society at our university
5. Selected by the new Board to advise them this coming Business Year
- Top 8% in CBS Global Case competition, 2nd place in a regional Case Competition, 1st place in a regional Case Competition, 2nd place in a Case Comepition across the Nordics
- Member of Nova Talent
- Took part in 2-week consultancy project with BCG where we were recieved mentors and presented for our designated companies lead team

International Exposure
- Case competition at Iceland
- Living abroad (Copenhagen) for 6 months
- Living with European roomies

Essay Narrative/LOR
- Outline: I will build the story around how being adopted led has shaped me as a person, and my succeding decisions
- LOR: My mentor from my first Internship who is a former partner from MBB who knows me very well

Test scores
IELTS: To be taken but expect an 8
GMAT: To be taken within a month. Last practice test was 3W ago (650), and have been working with a tutor since that.

Considering all of the above, I think what I would most want to hear your opinions on is - with what GMAT score would you advise me to retake it and apply in R2? I am am positive that I will be able to build a coherent, compelling story through my essays and my LOR, while you have the rest of the info up here. Of course, I am very happy to hear any other input on my chanches and improvement areas as well!

Thanks in advance!:)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30