GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 00:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile evaluation request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2018, 10:33
Hi team,

Please find below a brief snapshot of my profile:

Nationality: Indian, Male, 26 years old

Work Ex: I would have close to 4 years of work-ex by the time I apply for the course. This includes around 2.5 years in a top tier management consulting firm (MBB) and the remaining at a senior leadership position in a fast growing VC funded start-up. We have raised close to 100M and are a well recognised brand.
Academics: I have completed PGDM with 3.45/4.33 (top 10% in batch) from IIMB and Bachelor in Technology with 8.4 CGPA/10 from a top IIT. My +2 level score was 90% and Secondary level score was 94%; score 99.99 in CAT

Extra-currics: Led the management conclave, national level quizzer, multiple pan-India case competitions, editor of campus magazine, quiz master, India head for a student consulting body, projects with top tier VC firms and well known Indian SMEs.

GMAT Score: 760

Target schools: HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Columbia and Sloan

Goals: Larger goal is to move to a more international/global role in an exciting start-up. Indian MBA has largely restricted the geography I can work in. I want to change that and at the same time gain exposure in an international class room. In the longer run, want to contribute to the Indian start-up ecosystem either as part of a start-up or by running by own VC firm focussing on 'profitable' ventures across sectors.

Request your help in understanding my chances of getting through to my target schools. Please let me know if I need to add any more pointers/experience to my work-ex to make my profile attractive. I am planning to apply in Sep 2019.

Thanks!
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Profile evaluation request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2018, 00:43
Hello mohitro

Let us break your profile into 2 parts- the Quantitative and the Qualitative
While your stats look good- acads, GMAT, work ex, role (AKA the Quantitative) the bigger challenge for you will be to showcase a real need for a second MBA that too after a Tier 1 (an understatement) from India.
Several people from IIMs go to the US for a second MBA, so it is not an exception. If you can tie this is your essays, along with other qualitative strengths such as career progress, achievements at work (which I already see a great potential in) then you have a fighting chance at some of these schools.
You can read here on all the factors important in your written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

mohitro wrote:
Hi team,

Work Ex: I would have close to 4 years of work-ex by the time I apply for the course. This includes around 2.5 years in a top tier management consulting firm (MBB) and the remaining at a senior leadership position in a fast growing VC funded start-up. We have raised close to 100M and are a well recognised brand.
Academics: I have completed PGDM with 3.45/4.33 (top 10% in batch) from IIMB and Bachelor in Technology with 8.4 CGPA/10 from a top IIT. My +2 level score was 90% and Secondary level score was 94%; score 99.99 in CAT

Extra-currics: Led the management conclave, national level quizzer, multiple pan-India case competitions, editor of campus magazine, quiz master, India head for a student consulting body, projects with top tier VC firms and well known Indian SMEs.

Goals: Larger goal is to move to a more international/global role in an exciting start-up. Indian MBA has largely restricted the geography I can work in. I want to change that and at the same time gain exposure in an international class room. In the longer run, want to contribute to the Indian start-up ecosystem either as part of a start-up or by running by own VC firm focussing on 'profitable' ventures across sectors.

Request your help in understanding my chances of getting through to my target schools. Please let me know if I need to add any more pointers/experience to my work-ex to make my profile attractive. I am planning to apply in Sep 2019.

Thanks!

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Profile evaluation request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 05:47
Hi mohitro,

Thank you for sharing your profile. You have competitive academics, GMAT, work experience and extracurriculars for the target institutions. As MBA Karma stated, the challenge will be showcasing to these b-schools your need for a second MBA. You are, however, thinking about the second MBA as a critical component to help you in your objective to obtain Global exposure, from which your current degree might limit you from. You should be able to explain in vivid detail why you require this degree and why now. Additionally, aside from ranking, what can each of these programs offer your career objective. Helping others gain admission to these programs, and from firsthand experience at an Ivy league, top 10 programs look to admit students who are introspective.

I hope this helps!

If you would like to continue the conversation with a free 30-minute consultation, don't hesitate to reach out. Click here to coordinate.

Good luck!

mohitro wrote:
Hi team,

Thanks!

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Re: Profile evaluation request &nbs [#permalink] 27 Aug 2018, 05:47

Profile evaluation request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap