GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 03:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request - 28M in CorpDev

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Corporate Finance (Internet and New Media)
Profile Evaluation Request - 28M in CorpDev  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2017, 15:47
About me:

28 year old white male currently working as a director in corporate M&A and strategy for a high tech and fast growing (but not unicorn) company. Think $200mm in revenue with $200mm in top tier venture funding, but not in the news. Got promoted and have gained significant and progressive experience.

Prior to this I spent two years at a middle market but well known investment bank and two years at a middle market little known private equity shop on the buy side.

My CEO (who I work for regularly), a Stanford MBA alum, will write me a glowing Rec. My CFO and a VC board member (Wharton alum) will also write me Recs.

I'm worried about my GMAT, however. My first attempt yesterday yielded a 710 (48Q / 40V / 8IR). I'm worried that this will be a red flag, but I've heard conflicting theories out there.
Additionally, my GPA from a southern Ivy (Duke/Emory) was 3.9 in Finance (BBA). I also have a CFA charter. For EC's, I have done habitat for humanity (not in leadership roles) and do a Women in Tech mentorship program.

I am going to apply R1 for H/S/W and then R2 for Booth/CBS/Duke. Do I have a shot? As for fit, I am looking to stay in tech (entrepreneurship) with a focus on VC and Growth Equity.
Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - 28M in CorpDev  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 17:14
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really strong background here. You have most of your bases covered. The challenge for you is that you are literally applying to some of the best schools in the world so even if yo had a perfect profile (like a slightly higher GMAT) things would still be tough. I would take a stab at H/S/W I think you an be competitive here, just would really need to bring it on the application, a 710 will not keep you of consideration at these schools, but a weak application package will so hone in on knocking your app out of the water. The other set of schools will have you a bit more competitive but same rules apply, focus on that application and you should be in good shape!

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Corporate Finance (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 19:57
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really strong background here. You have most of your bases covered. The challenge for you is that you are literally applying to some of the best schools in the world so even if yo had a perfect profile (like a slightly higher GMAT) things would still be tough. I would take a stab at H/S/W I think you an be competitive here, just would really need to bring it on the application, a 710 will not keep you of consideration at these schools, but a weak application package will so hone in on knocking your app out of the water. The other set of schools will have you a bit more competitive but same rules apply, focus on that application and you should be in good shape!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I've heard W is more GMAT-sensitive, do you think this is the case? Or will a 48Q be ok?
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 15:12
Absolutely! Wharton is very GMAT sensitive and given the caliber of students they attract the school can afford to be. So if you can bump up that score by all means go for it!

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Profile Evaluation Request - 28M in CorpDev

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap