GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request IIM-A Supernumerary-quota

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 530 Q36 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q46 V33
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation Request IIM-A Supernumerary-quota  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 07:22
Hello,


I am looking into applying to IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota. I completed my Undergrad in Bachelors of Commers Hons. from a Canadian University and currently hold a Canadian Passport.

Work Exp: 5 yrs.
Industry: Manufacturing Finance/Automotive
Company: BIG 3 think Chrysler/GM//FORD
GMAT: 640
GPA: 3.1
Job Title: Lead Financial Analyst
Reason for MBA: To develop leadership skills and pivot into the Indian job market with an MBA from a reputed school

I have been promoted twice in last three years and I am currently a Lead Financial Analyst with 3 direct reports and overseeing the budgeting and financial controlling of Canada's biggest manufacturing plant. What are my chances of getting into IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota??
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 509
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Profile Evaluation Request IIM-A Supernumerary-quota  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 06:15
Hello KD25

Are you applying to the 2 year or one year course? As the one year course may not have a quota.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


KD25 wrote:
Hello,


I am looking into applying to IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota. I completed my Undergrad in Bachelors of Commers Hons. from a Canadian University and currently hold a Canadian Passport.

Work Exp: 5 yrs.
Industry: Manufacturing Finance/Automotive
Company: BIG 3 think Chrysler/GM//FORD
GMAT: 640
GPA: 3.1
Job Title: Lead Financial Analyst
Reason for MBA: To develop leadership skills and pivot into the Indian job market with an MBA from a reputed school

I have been promoted twice in last three years and I am currently a Lead Financial Analyst with 3 direct reports and overseeing the budgeting and financial controlling of Canada's biggest manufacturing plant. What are my chances of getting into IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota??

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 530 Q36 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q46 V33
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Profile Evaluation Request IIM-A Supernumerary-quota  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 06:27
oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello KD25

Are you applying to the 2 year or one year course? As the one year course may not have a quota.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


KD25 wrote:
Hello,


I am looking into applying to IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota. I completed my Undergrad in Bachelors of Commers Hons. from a Canadian University and currently hold a Canadian Passport.

Work Exp: 5 yrs.
Industry: Manufacturing Finance/Automotive
Company: BIG 3 think Chrysler/GM//FORD
GMAT: 640
GPA: 3.1
Job Title: Lead Financial Analyst
Reason for MBA: To develop leadership skills and pivot into the Indian job market with an MBA from a reputed school

I have been promoted twice in last three years and I am currently a Lead Financial Analyst with 3 direct reports and overseeing the budgeting and financial controlling of Canada's biggest manufacturing plant. What are my chances of getting into IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota??




Hello,

It's the two-year full-time Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP). It says on their website that "10% extra seats are reserved for foreign nationals"

https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgp/apply/su ... rary-quota
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 509
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Profile Evaluation Request IIM-A Supernumerary-quota  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 06:32
Hello KD25

Yes the 2 year program has a 10% quota
However the minimum GMAT required is 650 (you have a 640). Therefore retake and aims for a higher GMAT.
Needless to say fulfilling eligibility criteria does not guarantee invitation for personal interview, you will also need to write the following essays-

Part 1: What career/role are you planning to pursue and why? (200-250 words)

Part 2: How PGP in Management of IIM Ahmedabad could help you in achieving your career goals? (200-250 words)

Part 3: How do you see yourself contributing to the IIM Ahmedabad community? (200-250 words)

Optional Section for All Applicants

Please feel free to explain any extenuating circumstances (e.g., significant gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, or poor academic performance). (250 words)

Hope that helps

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


KD25 wrote:
oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello KD25

Are you applying to the 2 year or one year course? As the one year course may not have a quota.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


KD25 wrote:
Hello,


I am looking into applying to IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota. I completed my Undergrad in Bachelors of Commers Hons. from a Canadian University and currently hold a Canadian Passport.

Work Exp: 5 yrs.
Industry: Manufacturing Finance/Automotive
Company: BIG 3 think Chrysler/GM//FORD
GMAT: 640
GPA: 3.1
Job Title: Lead Financial Analyst
Reason for MBA: To develop leadership skills and pivot into the Indian job market with an MBA from a reputed school

I have been promoted twice in last three years and I am currently a Lead Financial Analyst with 3 direct reports and overseeing the budgeting and financial controlling of Canada's biggest manufacturing plant. What are my chances of getting into IIM-A under the Supernumerary-quota??




Hello,

It's the two-year full-time Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP). It says on their website that "10% extra seats are reserved for foreign nationals"

https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgp/apply/su ... rary-quota

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request IIM-A Supernumerary-quota &nbs [#permalink] 27 Jun 2018, 06:32
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile Evaluation Request IIM-A Supernumerary-quota

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


cron
Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.