GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 14:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review: GMAT 700 and suggestions on schools

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Review: GMAT 700 and suggestions on schools  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2018, 08:55
Hi,

I need your help with a broad level profile evaluation and suggestions on the b-schools that I can apply to.

Background-
26, Indian, Male

Education-

Xth 90%

XIIth 80%

CGPA 6.9 (B.Tech, IIT Kharagpur)

GMAT 700

Work Experience-

3 Years of experience in social, development and political consulting startup and 1 year of experience in a top global niche consulting firm

Achievements -

One of the highest rated performer in the startup that I worked with.

Participated in (and awarded for) 2 international research projects during undergrad. Worked in college festivals.

I am looking to get an MBA to grow in the strategy consuting space in the short to medium term and further pursue my entrepreneurial interests as an entrepreneur in future.

I would be extremely grateful to you for your kind assistance in evaluating my profile and suggesting some Bschools schools which would be useful to my career interest.
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Profile Review: GMAT 700 and suggestions on schools  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2018, 06:19
Hello pj2101

The answer to this question would demand much more qualitative input around your profile and your preference of geography as well.
For instance, if you are considering studying in India itself, you do not have many options and have a decent profile (statistically speaking of course) to make it to most top Indian B Schools (AKA ISB/IIMs one year programs). A lot will depend on what lies outside these statistics as well (career progression, achievements, extracurricular activities, essays, LOR etc.)
If you wish to study outside India, we are talking close to a 100 schools to choose from. Depending on your interest, financial background and duration of the program you may some geographies in mind. For instance, US has mostly 2 year programs, Europe, generally speaking, is more accepting of people with higher years of work ex. Canadian schools have a one year program (again broadly speaking), then there's Singapore, UK as top destinations too.
Purely based on the stats of your profile, top 10-15 schools in US gt ruled out (again this is generalization) since your GPA and GMAT is below average.
So to answer your question one must go deeper to understand your interest, background in much more qualitative detail.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

pj2101 wrote:
Hi,

I need your help with a broad level profile evaluation and suggestions on the b-schools that I can apply to.

Background-
26, Indian, Male

Education-

Xth 90%

XIIth 80%

GMAT 700

Work Experience-

3 Years of experience in social, development and political consulting startup and 1 year of experience in a top global niche consulting firm

Achievements -

Participated in (and awarded for) 2 international research projects during undergrad. Worked in college festivals.

I am looking to get an MBA to grow in the strategy consuting space in the short to medium term and further pursue my entrepreneurial interests as an entrepreneur in future.

I would be extremely grateful to you for your kind assistance in evaluating my profile and suggesting some Bschools schools which would be useful to my career interest.

VP
VP
G
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 05:40
Hi pj2101

You have a decent profile. IIT with 700 GMAT Score is definitely good. Your academics and work experience are good. Having an international exposure will certainly add more weightage to your profile.
You can however give a shot to top 30 B schools but you will have to work really hard on your application essays, show the Adcom how you are the right fit for the applied MBA class. The admissions officers want to see evidence of leadership and essays that demonstrate you have a plan as to what you intend to do after earning your MBA. Solid profile which is balanced on all fronts - academics, career growth and impact, and leadership experiences outside work is more likely to impress the Adcom pannel.

Use the link mentioned below to know your chances of getting into any B-Schools by using our ingenious tool called “Chances Of B-School” by entering your profile details.

You can also contact us anytime to evaluate your profile for FREE!!!

m:+91 9164157770
w: https://www.genedmba.com/
e: info@genedmba.com
Personal MBA Coach Founder
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 19:50
pj2101 wrote:
Hi,

Background-
26, Indian, Male

Education-

Xth 90%

XIIth 80%

GMAT 700

Work Experience-

Achievements -

Hi PJ!

When do you plan to apply? My recommendation is to try and take the GMAT again and wait one year before applying if you were thinking about R2.

With Round 2 applications due in a couple of weeks (and Round 3 not recommended), your best chance at creating a compelling application is to give yourself time for both the GMAT and for your essays/story/networking. You're still only 26 and below the median age for someone going to b-school, so you can afford to wait.

With a GMAT above 730 you make yourself much more competitive at schools ranked 10-15, which are going to place well at both MBB and other consulting firms as compared to those ranked 15-25.

Regards,

Personal MBA Coach

www.personalmbacoach.com
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Review: GMAT 700 and suggestions on schools   [#permalink] 18 Dec 2018, 19:50

Profile Review: GMAT 700 and suggestions on schools

new topic post reply Update application status