Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:26 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
You do not need to bring anything additional.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
yalet123 wrote:
So what if our application still says "COMPLETE AND BEING EVALUATED"? No email, checked my spam folder. Kind of on a roller coaster here between the original "deadline" of the 8th, then today.

Anyone else in same boat? No change to status online.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
yalet123 wrote:
yalet123 wrote:
So what if our application still says "COMPLETE AND BEING EVALUATED"? No email, checked my spam folder. Kind of on a roller coaster here between the original "deadline" of the 8th, then today.

Anyone else in same boat? No change to status online.

At this point you should just call them - it seems like most decisions have been out, including dings and waitlists.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Admissions says that they are still reviewing some applications. They are trying to have decisions out by the end of the week. The person with which I spoke said that there are still interview invites available.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Did anybody already interview via Skype? Any insights/tips?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
From Sloan website FAQ:

I already have an MBA. Am I eligible to apply?
Candidates with previous MBA degrees are eligible to apply. These candidates should, however, detail the reasons for their pursuit of a second MBA degree in the application.[/quote]

Thanks all for your information
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed on campus yesterday. 50% behavioral, 50% personal goals. Come prepared with a few recent stories not on your application - as they suggest - and you should be good to go. For me the interview was quite conversational - they really want to understand, rather than grill you. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chromium73 wrote:
Interviewed on campus yesterday. 50% behavioral, 50% personal goals. Come prepared with a few recent stories not on your application - as they suggest - and you should be good to go. For me the interview was quite conversational - they really want to understand, rather than grill you. Good luck.

Thanks, very good information.

Actually I'm an international student and chose to have on-campus interview because right now I'm in Boston in business. I'm not sure whether they will take that into account when they interview me?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Julie2013 wrote:
chromium73 wrote:

Actually I'm an international student and chose to have on-campus interview because right now I'm in Boston in business. I'm not sure whether they will take that into account when they interview me?

Since all interviews are done by admissions officers, they are all treated the same, no matter in what location they take place. In addition, many people travel far distances to interview (for example, my friend traveled from South Africa to London to interview a couple years ago, and did not get in, incidentally), so you won't be the only one.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
Julie2013 wrote:
chromium73 wrote:

Since all interviews are done by admissions officers, they are all treated the same, no matter in what location they take place. In addition, many people travel far distances to interview (for example, my friend traveled from South Africa to London to interview a couple years ago, and did not get in, incidentally), so you won't be the only one.

I've just a little worried about my oral English. May not be as good as native speakers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Julie2013 wrote:

I've just a little worried about my oral English. May not be as good as native speakers.

Diversity > Fluency in oral English

I don't think it matters that much as long as you can get your point across. During my campus visit, I met a lot of students from non-native English speaking countries and they were communicating just fine with their accents :-P. I think they would value diversity over fluency in oral English.

If MIT Sloan is interviewing you, then they would have seen your GMAT, GPA, etc. They know that a person of such caliber can pick up fluency in a language soon and that shouldn't be a reason to reject them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I've just a little worried about my oral English. May not be as good as native speakers.[/quote]

I'm not a native speaker either so I felt a bit insecure about my ability to get my points across. It's just important to remember that Adcoms prefer simpler, easier to understand language, so stick to those instead of fancy vocabulary. If you feel like you are speaking too slowly, work that to your advantage by enunciating every word with clarity. This will beat out fast-spoken, fancy-sounding jargon every time. Besides, accents are really charming, and the Adcoms are more likely to pay attention to every word.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
hannible1357 wrote:
Julie2013 wrote:

I don't think it matters that much as long as you can get your point across. During my campus visit, I met a lot of students from non-native English speaking countries and they were communicating just fine with their accents :-P. I think they would value diversity over fluency in oral English.

If MIT Sloan is interviewing you, then they would have seen your GMAT, GPA, etc. They know that a person of such caliber can pick up fluency in a language soon and that shouldn't be a reason to reject them.

Agreed. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sorry, I misunderstood the original question. I thought you were asking if you got extra points for traveling to campus for your interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hannible1357 wrote:
Julie2013 wrote:

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I feel much better.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CelerIP wrote:

I'm not a native speaker either so I felt a bit insecure about my ability to get my points across. It's just important to remember that Adcoms prefer simpler, easier to understand language, so stick to those instead of fancy vocabulary. If you feel like you are speaking too slowly, work that to your advantage by enunciating every word with clarity. This will beat out fast-spoken, fancy-sounding jargon every time. Besides, accents are really charming, and the Adcoms are more likely to pay attention to every word.[/quote]

Let's do our best. come on~~
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Based on Admission chat today. All R1 applicants have been notified one way or the other.

Also Adcom mentioned that they are expecting less R1 applicants this year because they moved their deadline one month earlier.

Last year R1 and R2 has roughly equal number of applicants and they offered equal number of offers in each round.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hswk wrote:
Based on Admission chat today. All R1 applicants have been notified one way or the other.

Also Adcom mentioned that they are expecting less R1 applicants this year because they moved their deadline one month earlier.

Last year R1 and R2 has roughly equal number of applicants and they offered equal number of offers in each round.

I lurked around the chatroom as well - it's interesting that the Adcoms say that even though they are expecting fewer R1 applicants this year, they are still trying to offer equal number of offers. I don't know if that means that they are being more generous to those who are invited, or they are creating a bigger waitlist to better manage yield in case R2 applications fall short as well.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts