GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 10:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 13:13
Ding..as expected!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 13:13
ding ..with coaching and feedback 2 improve application for next year....:(
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 13:17
Wait list. I am from India
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q164 V162
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 13:18
Waitlist as well... any stats on how many folks are accepted off the WL each year?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.34
WE: Accounting (Venture Capital)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 13:21
knocking wrote:
ding ..with coaching and feedback 2 improve application for next year....:(

Same her

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 14:04
Waitlisted

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.26
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 14:04
jkrast wrote:
Rejected. Fuqua, here I come! Instead of putting me through the torturous wait process they keep emailing me all the new exciting things that they offer.

Same!! See you at orientation :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 14:07
Waitlisted. Indian Applicant.
Has anybody from India got an admit?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 14:08
Ding here too folks.

Was well prepared for it after a big lunch prior.

Key takeaways (for those of us who got the ding):

1) Email Tuck for the coaching session (if it was extended to you & you are keen on reapplying next year)
2) Reapply EARLY ACTION next time; we put ourselves at a disadvantage applying in the Jan round.
3) Work on any weaknesses in your application (GMAT, essays, ECs) between now and October 2015.

Best of luck to all who got in, to those who got waitlisted, and especially to my fellow dingers - it's been a good ride.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 20:20
Ding!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 20:57
Got a call early morning US time yesterday..congrats to all admitted and good luck to all left..I hope something comes along for all waiting (I know how hard the wait and rejections can be but hang in there!).
Just a quick one, did anyone who was admitted get a clarification on financial aid? My letter does not mention anything, does that mean I am not getting any waiver?
Retired Moderator
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 19:52
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Statistics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 01:25
Can international students apply in the april round? What will be the chances of admit if I do apply in this round?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 05:32
hemchander11 wrote:
Can international students apply in the april round? What will be the chances of admit if I do apply in this round?

reply to your question with an example - https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissio ... ess-school
Tuck Acceptance Rate by Application Round - http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... -analysis/
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 07:28
Ding with coaching/feedback
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Overcoming Fears & Landing the Job: A Successful Tuck Partner Job Sear  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 10:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Overcoming Fears & Landing the Job: A Successful Tuck Partner Job Search

By Allyson Himelstein, Tuck Partner (TP) '16

Allyson works at Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth in the career services, communication, and advancement departments. Before moving to the Upper Valley, she worked as a recruiter in Manhattan and guest lectured at NYU's Career Center. While she misses New York’s food scene and architecture, she’s fallen in love with her new life in the Upper Valley. She recently bought ski gear and has learned to appreciate snow—and lots of it, at that! She loves to read memoirs, explore cities, is an outspoken book club participant, and is currently learning how to cook.

I can’t believe that a year has already gone by. Wasn’t I just boarding the Dartmouth Coach to head up to Hanover for Admitted Students Weekend? Stationed on 42nd street with WiFi and a Keurig machine to boot, a really nice bus does a lot to allay one’s fears. Yet, I was still nervous that I wouldn’t fit in. (How can a girl who loves Manhattan enjoy living in a forest without sushi?) Yes, it sounds superficial, but that fear encapsulated many others: leaving my current job and friends, saying goodbye to my septuagenarian roommate whom I had grown so fond of, forsaking speakeasies and tapas bars.... (Note: there is a tapas bar in Hanover called Candela, although I have not yet been.)

But then, I attended ASW and suddenly, I was sold. 

First off, it was 73 degrees and sunny. I assume that the MBA Program Office played a major role in organizing the weather, although this hasn’t been confirmed. Second, can people really be this nice? Yes. They can. Third, I was fortunate to have a lovely cocktail during an intellectually stimulating dinner—phew! Fourth, and perhaps most importantly, I began envisioning what my future would look like up here. For me, a lot of this envisioning happened during panels: “Life at Tuck” (nestled in the woods), “Couplehood at Tuck” (lack of restaurants inspires creativity), and “Employment at Tuck” (I could actually work for Dartmouth?!). I left ASW feeling motivated to start job searching, and moderately anxious that I hadn't already begun.

Hand on heart, the job search wasn't easy, which came as a bit of a surprise. Since I had previous experience in career services and recruitment in Manhattan, I naively assumed that there would not only be many openings in my field, but also that I wouldn’t have much difficulty finding a job. I networked like a madwoman (I had twenty email addresses by the time we boarded the bus back from ASW), and camped out on the Dartmouth Employment website.  Literally.

The first few job applications didn’t move forward. Either I was too late, not the right fit, or didn’t hear back (again, not the right fit). I became somewhat demoralized, so I expanded my search to surrounding high schools and colleges (Colby-Sawyer). To be fair, while Dartmouth is very competitive, Tuck in particular does its best to accommodate partners. In fact, someone who I had interviewed with at Tuck’s Career Development Office sent me a description for what would become my job at Dartmouth’s engineering school, Thayer. Parlaying perfectly with my previous position, I now work in career services, development and communications. I could not be happier. I should mention that working at a university is my dream job, so I recognize that my situation is special.

The job process taught me to be patient, to put yourself out there, and to just press send when you've proofread your cover letter ten times. 

I would love to answer any and all questions related to the job search and other topics: ahimels@gmail.com.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 02:44
Krage17 wrote:
Any Nov round waitlisters heard positive news?

Nope still on the waitlist!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
So you’re on the waitlist. Now what?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 07:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: So you’re on the waitlist. Now what?

Getting on the waitlist isn’t the news you wanted. We know.  But there are things you can do while on the waitlist to prepare yourself for business school or another year of work before you start graduate school.

First, take a deep breath. Do something healthy for yourself. Spend time with family and friends, go for a run, or whatever you do to decompress. Good decisions about future paths are rarely made when you’re under stress or feel anxious. Release some of those anxieties and put your efforts into building a wise strategy for moving forward.

Second, follow the instructions. Your decision letter lets you know what you need to do next. You’ll need to decide whether or not you want to remain on the waitlist. If you choose to remain on the waitlist, an Admissions Officer will get in touch with you in the next month or two to let you know if there are any steps you can take to enhance your application.

This is a good time to look back on your application and decide for yourself what your strengths and weaknesses are. An honest assessment of what you could improve is a great opportunity for you to come up with a game plan. Maybe you think you could score higher on your GMAT, or you realize your goals or your rationale for your MBA weren’t clear. That insight can help you take proactive steps now, without having to wait for feedback from us.

Third, trust the process. We know being in limbo is challenging. We work hard to make the waitlist process as informative and clear as possible. If we need something from you, we will let you know. Update us with important information such as promotions or updated test scores. There’s no need to make surprise visits to campus or stay in constant contact. Keep in mind how you handle yourself on the waitlist also gives us an idea of how you will handle yourself as a student. You can help your candidacy by maintaining your professionalism and checking in every once in a while.

For those currently on Tuck's waitlist, this email address is the best way to provide updates or ask questions. As you look forward to receiving feedback, we thank you for your patience! 
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 07:07
I'm guessing that the adcom won't look at the waitlist until the last round of admit has been decided, so at least May?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Sales (Other)
Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 07:17
I watched a video that mentions May/June which doesn't work too well for internationals that would need to file for an F1. Hopefully there are some waitlist movements before then!
GMAT Club Bot
Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2015, 07:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64  ...  66    Next  [ 1303 posts ] 

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: BingingOnNetflix