GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 03:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UBC Sauder Class of Dec 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE: Engineering (Other)
UBC Sauder Class of Dec 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2016, 23:08
Hello to all admits and Congrats!! :) :clap:

Let's start networking and helping each other! Here we may talk about funding, moving to Vancouver, program options, networking activities...

Roll Call

*Note:- If you can't find your username in the list above, make sure you have updated your status to 'Admitted' on Decision Tracker or PM me.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.5
Re: UBC Sauder Class of Dec 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2017, 16:45
tallyho_88 wrote:
Hello to all admits and Congrats!! :) :clap:

Let's start networking and helping each other! Here we may talk about funding, moving to Vancouver, program options, networking activities...

Roll Call

*Note:- If you can't find your username in the list above, make sure you have updated your status to 'Admitted' on Decision Tracker or PM me.

Thank you for starting this. I am preparing to apply for visa for myself, my wife and my daughter. I would like to get a few tips on what kind of funding can be shown with my visa application. Also, I did not have any scholarship mentioned in my acceptance email. Is there any other way I can try for scholarship.

Cheers.

Happy New Year.

George
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2017, 14:36
Hey guys, is there any other group which is active for all the R1 admits for Sauder? Dont see much discussion here regarding stuff (Visas, Loans etc) , hence trying to deduce.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 03:10
Rohan Raman wrote:
Hey guys, is there any other group which is active for all the R1 admits for Sauder? Dont see much discussion here regarding stuff (Visas, Loans etc) , hence trying to deduce.

Hi Rohan, I couldn't see any other group. May be we can start by helping each other and others might join in.

Cheers.

G'ge
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Sauder '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 09:58
Rohan Raman wrote:
Hi, I applied in round 1 and have accepted the offer. Lets make a WhatsApp group for the admitted applicants and we can have a discussion there regarding all our queries. Also, It would be great to know everyone!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 03:07
vikramaditya1989 wrote:
Rohan Raman wrote:
Hi, I applied in round 1 and have accepted the offer. Lets make a WhatsApp group for the admitted applicants and we can have a discussion there regarding all our queries. Also, It would be great to know everyone!

Good Idea. We should do that. But is there any other thread? If there is lets join that rather than re-inventing the wheel.

My number: +974 55573147
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 03:12
vijo20002001 wrote:
vikramaditya1989 wrote:
Rohan Raman wrote:

Good Idea. We should do that. But is there any other thread? If there is lets join that rather than re-inventing the wheel.

My number: +974 55573147
I have searched enough and can say as of now that this is one thread where applicants are active. If you come across one, feel free to let us know. But for now lets connect asap and start the discussion.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 05:04
Have to pay the deposit in another 10 days. Waiting for schulich result. Any thoughts guys ?

Sent from my SM-N750 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 05:51
[/quote] Hi, I applied in round 1 and have accepted the offer. Lets make a WhatsApp group for the admitted applicants and we can have a discussion there regarding all our queries. Also, It would be great to know everyone![/quote]

My number: +974 55573147[/quote] I have searched enough and can say as of now that this is one thread where applicants are active. If you come across one, feel free to let us know. But for now lets connect asap and start the discussion.

Cheers![/quote]

Okay then, let's start the discussion. I will give a brief introduction on where I am at right now in terms of collecting the financial details as well as visa application.
I am working in the middleeast and not sure yet, where I will apply the visa from. It's quite a predicament and moreover, I plan to take my wife and daughter along. If you guys are familiar with someone who is/was in a similar situation, please let me know.

Regarding loan, I have started discussing with SBI and I also came across a website called GYANDHAN.COM. They were quite prompt in replying and I will be calling them up to discuss further.
My father is helping me out with getting the financial documents ready. As part of the same, property valuation is required but we are not aware of any firm (government approved) that covers this activity. I would need help with this also. My father is based in Kerala and we are trying to look for a firm in Kerala. Appreciate if anyone could throw some light on this.

For visa application, I have found out a few details for far. We can submit application online at CIC website or we can approach vfsgroup offices( on chargeable basis of course). Submitting online is fairly simple and most of the information we need to fill in is straightforward. The most important part of this visa application is the Statement of Purpose, which is not mandatory but recommended. If we can get hold of any sample, it will surely help. So far, I haven't got one.

This is what I have right now. Please add in more details.

Cheers

G'ge
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 06:16
youngmoney wrote:
Have to pay the deposit in another 10 days. Waiting for schulich result. Any thoughts guys ?

Hi,

Both are good schools. In terms of current Canadian Business Rankings, Schulich is ranked higher. If you ask me, my ranking of colleges was as follows:
1)ROTMAN
2) UBC
3) HEC Montreal
4) Shulich

and then the rest (five more). I started submitting applications based on last dates, so I submitted in this order, HEC, ROTMAN, UBC and was preparing the application for Schulich one, when results for my previous applications came one after the other. ROTMAN - Rejected, HEC MONTREAL - ACCEPTED, UBC - Interview call and before the last date of accepting HEC offer, UBC offer letter came which I eventually accepted.
The reason I am boring you with this story is to tell you that, I had already ranked the colleges so it was simpler for me, I believe. So to answer your question, it is upto you. I would suggest that you start weighing the benefits of both schools according to your aims and keep the credit card ready.

Best of Luck.

Cheers,

G'ge
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 22:29
Thanks Vikram for your reply. Did you here from UBC on 28th Nov or Dec?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2017, 14:45
jain014 wrote:
Thanks Vikram for your reply. Did you here from UBC on 28th Nov or Dec?

Hi, I got the mail from them on the 28th of November.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 04:22
vijo20002001 wrote:
youngmoney wrote:

Hi,

Both are good schools. In terms of current Canadian Business Rankings, Schulich is ranked higher. If you ask me, my ranking of colleges was as follows:
1)ROTMAN
2) UBC
3) HEC Montreal
4) Shulich

and then the rest (five more). I started submitting applications based on last dates, so I submitted in this order, HEC, ROTMAN, UBC and was preparing the application for Schulich one, when results for my previous applications came one after the other. ROTMAN - Rejected, HEC MONTREAL - ACCEPTED, UBC - Interview call and before the last date of accepting HEC offer, UBC offer letter came which I eventually accepted.
The reason I am boring you with this story is to tell you that, I had already ranked the colleges so it was simpler for me, I believe. So to answer your question, it is upto you. I would suggest that you start weighing the benefits of both schools according to your aims and keep the credit card ready.

Best of Luck.

Cheers,

G'ge

Hey,

Have you made the confirmation deposit? if yes, then did you use your credit card or did you make a direct transfer?

regards
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 00:08
vikramaditya1989 wrote:
vijo20002001 wrote:
youngmoney wrote:

Hi,

1)ROTMAN
2) UBC
3) HEC Montreal
4) Shulich

Best of Luck.

Cheers,

G'ge

Hey,

Have you made the confirmation deposit? if yes, then did you use your credit card or did you make a direct transfer?

regards

Hi Vikramaditya,

I used my credit card.

Cheers,

G'ge
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 09:54
Hi guys
I have just got an admit.
Could you pls add me on the watss app group
Harshdeep
+91-9872278095
Official Business School Representative

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 15:45
harshnew90 wrote:
Hi guys
Harshdeep
+91-9872278095

Congratulations to you and all students who've received an Offer of Admission from us!
We look forward to welcoming you, along with the rest of our August 2017 entry.
If you have any questions about Vancouver, our Admissions Team can help you - send us an email at mba@sauder.ubc.ca.

For International Students, if you haven't already seen, our website has a breakdown of fees: http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... Applicants and a bit of info on studying and living in Vancouver: http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... _Vancouver

For questions on visas and work permits, UBC actually has a unit devoted to helping international students: https://students.ubc.ca/international-student-guide

Regards!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 02:19
harshnew90 wrote:
Hi guys
Harshdeep
+91-9872278095

Hi Harshdeep,

Many congratulations. I am not sure if a group has been created yet. I have not seen any reply yet on my earlier post. I will start the group shortly. Probably we can start with helping each other.

Any suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers,

G'ge
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 09:19
UBCMBA wrote:
harshnew90 wrote:
Hi guys
Harshdeep
+91-9872278095

Congratulations to you and all students who've received an Offer of Admission from us!
We look forward to welcoming you, along with the rest of our August 2017 entry.
If you have any questions about Vancouver, our Admissions Team can help you - send us an email at mba@sauder.ubc.ca.

For International Students, if you haven't already seen, our website has a breakdown of fees: http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... Applicants and a bit of info on studying and living in Vancouver: http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... _Vancouver

For questions on visas and work permits, UBC actually has a unit devoted to helping international students: https://students.ubc.ca/international-student-guide

Regards!

Thank you so much. I have already sent an email and waiting for the reply. :-)

Cheers,

G'ge
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 09:28
harshnew90 wrote:
Hi guys
Harshdeep
+91-9872278095

Harshdeep,

Are you confirming SAUDER?

Cheers,

G'ge
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 09:29
vikramaditya1989 wrote:
vijo20002001 wrote:
youngmoney wrote:

Hi,

1)ROTMAN
2) UBC
3) HEC Montreal
4) Shulich

Best of Luck.

Cheers,

G'ge

Hey,

regards

Vikramadity,

Did you pay the deposit?

Cheers,

G'ge
GMAT Club Bot
Re: UBC Sauder Class of Dec 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2017, 09:29

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 

UBC Sauder Class of Dec 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: aquaria

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap