Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1433 [1]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 396 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.15
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Re: Veritas prep tests vs Manhattan [#permalink]
Kudos
both are good, but manhattan are best
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64898 [4]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Prashilsurani wrote:
The 6 tests in veritas vs manhattan, which are better?

Prashilsurani,

Though I cannot compare, I can tell you a bit about Veritas tests.

Veritas Prep designed its practice tests to simulate the official GMAT as closely as possible, both in terms of question quality and how the computer-adaptive algorithm determines your ability level and chooses which questions you see. Our GMAT practice tests draw from a pool of more than 1,400 realistic GMAT questions, each of which is measured on multiple attributes that go far deeper than simply “easy / medium / hard.” Given the adaptive nature of our practice tests, no two test instances will be exactly the same.

Veritas Prep’s practice tests are built on a platform that employs Item Response Theory (IRT), the same system underlying the real GMAT. Unlike more basic approaches that simply count correct and incorrect responses and then generate a score, IRT recognizes that no two GMAT questions are exactly the same. What question you receive at any given point on a test will be dictated by how well you have performed up to that point, and how you answer that question will impact your ability estimate and help determine which question you see next. The system also takes “content balancing” into account, ensuring that you see a mix of question types that are representative of what you will see on the real GMAT, all while gathering as much information about your ability level as possible.

Every question in our GMAT practice tests was written by experienced Veritas Prep GMAT instructors. They have been designed to measure students’ higher-order thinking skills in the same way official GMAT questions do. Each question is administered to thousands of GMAT students in our GMAT Question Bank and is confirmed as a valid item before being used in a Veritas Prep practice test.

Every one of our GMAT questions must be validated across thousands of responses from hundreds of students before it is added to a Veritas Prep practice exam. Veritas Prep has collected more than one million responses from tens of thousands of GMAT students, via both the GMAT Question Bank and by using experimental questions in our computer-adaptive tests (just as the real GMAT collects data). In fact, Veritas Prep collects more than 50,000 new responses each week! Each item is not just validated once, but is constantly recalibrated based on new data. Veritas Prep also regularly measures its practice tests’ scores against the Official GMAT by collecting student feedback, ensuring that its practice exam scores are very close to those generated by the real test.

You can try out our free test here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/free-g ... tice-test/
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 187
GRE 1: Q170 V163
Send PM
Expert Reply
VeritasKarishma wrote:
Prashilsurani wrote:

Prashilsurani,

Veritas Prep designed its practice tests to simulate the official GMAT as closely as possible, both in terms of question quality and how the computer-adaptive algorithm determines your ability level and chooses which questions you see. Our GMAT practice tests draw from a pool of more than 1,400 realistic GMAT questions, each of which is measured on multiple attributes that go far deeper than simply “easy / medium / hard.” Given the adaptive nature of our practice tests, no two test instances will be exactly the same.

Veritas Prep’s practice tests are built on a platform that employs Item Response Theory (IRT), the same system underlying the real GMAT. Unlike more basic approaches that simply count correct and incorrect responses and then generate a score, IRT recognizes that no two GMAT questions are exactly the same. What question you receive at any given point on a test will be dictated by how well you have performed up to that point, and how you answer that question will impact your ability estimate and help determine which question you see next. The system also takes “content balancing” into account, ensuring that you see a mix of question types that are representative of what you will see on the real GMAT, all while gathering as much information about your ability level as possible.

Every question in our GMAT practice tests was written by experienced Veritas Prep GMAT instructors. They have been designed to measure students’ higher-order thinking skills in the same way official GMAT questions do. Each question is administered to thousands of GMAT students in our GMAT Question Bank and is confirmed as a valid item before being used in a Veritas Prep practice test.

Every one of our GMAT questions must be validated across thousands of responses from hundreds of students before it is added to a Veritas Prep practice exam. Veritas Prep has collected more than one million responses from tens of thousands of GMAT students, via both the GMAT Question Bank and by using experimental questions in our computer-adaptive tests (just as the real GMAT collects data). In fact, Veritas Prep collects more than 50,000 new responses each week! Each item is not just validated once, but is constantly recalibrated based on new data. Veritas Prep also regularly measures its practice tests’ scores against the Official GMAT by collecting student feedback, ensuring that its practice exam scores are very close to those generated by the real test.

You can try out our free test here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/free-g ... tice-test/

Though the quality of questions and algorithms of most test prep companies help a student to gauge the preparedness for the exam, what is most disturbing about all these companies is the PRACTICE TESTS INTERFACE.
I have been disappointed with Veritas interface. Lots of white space, big font, improper screen split, spacing between the options, image bigger than the screen etc are just to name a few. Why is it difficult for all these companies to adopt a simple and sleek, blue border interface of actual GMAT exam and match the features to give a super real experience?

Points to ponder.. I am taking taking any more tests on Veritas for the same reason. I am yet to try out Manhattan mocks.

Posted from my mobile device
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64898 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Vinit800HBS wrote:
VeritasKarishma wrote:
Prashilsurani wrote:

Prashilsurani,

Though the quality of questions and algorithms of most test prep companies help a student to gauge the preparedness for the exam, what is most disturbing about all these companies is the PRACTICE TESTS INTERFACE.
I have been disappointed with Veritas interface. Lots of white space, big font, improper screen split, spacing between the options, image bigger than the screen etc are just to name a few. Why is it difficult for all these companies to adopt a simple and sleek, blue border interface of actual GMAT exam and match the features to give a super real experience?

Points to ponder.. I am taking taking any more tests on Veritas for the same reason. I am yet to try out Manhattan mocks.

Posted from my mobile device

Vinit800HBS

Here are Brian's pointers on why our interface is what it is:

- One challenge that the company-produced tests have is in their mission to offer more features (diagnostic, pedagogical, etc.) than official tests do - in that way, it can be intentional to stray from the authenticity of look/feel in order to format the screen to allow for more affordances/linkages to helpful information.

- Another consideration is in consistency of experience with the rest of a website or student account; the Veritas for example uses the same fonts/styles as the rest of the student account which provides a consistent experience.

- There's also the consideration of how close the official test will allow you to replicate its look/feel without pushing back against copyright/trademark infringement. A lot of companies likely play it safe in creating their own look/feel - one that's consistent with their brand/site experience and with the feature set they offer or plan to offer - versus leaving themselves exposed to a forced redesign in the future.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
VeritasKarishma Hi Karishma, I was planning to purchase the 7 computer-adaptive GMAT practice tests for $49 specifically for Verbal practice as I solved all the Veritas Verbal questions posted on GMATClub and they really helped me perform better (got a V46 on a GMATPrep!). Any idea if the questions might repeat on the 7 tests?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64898 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
nottheusual wrote:
VeritasKarishma Hi Karishma, I was planning to purchase the 7 computer-adaptive GMAT practice tests for $49 specifically for Verbal practice as I solved all the Veritas Verbal questions posted on GMATClub and they really helped me perform better (got a V46 on a GMATPrep!). Any idea if the questions might repeat on the 7 tests?

nottheusual -
Sometimes people do post here the questions they encounter in their Veritas practice tests so it is possible that you may see some you have already seen. But the Veritas tests pick questions from a pool of thousands so it would be unlikely that you would have seen any questions before and even if you would have, you may not necessarily remember them.
In any case, during the practice test, you will not have much time to contemplate whether it is something you have seen before and if yes, what the given answer was! Look at every question with fresh eyes and give it your best shot.
GMAT Club Bot