Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.92
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
dougdoug wrote:
Any word as to whether the invites are truly sent out at random (other than an emphasis on international invites early)? By random I mean that the timing is no reflection on the quality of the applicant. I'm sure this is answered elsewhere but figured I could also get a quick response...

It's a myth. People who think international invitations go out first based the reason that it gives applicants more time to make travel arrangements. It makes sense, but this view has never been backed by the Adcom.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
No invite for me today either. I'm a little pessimistic about Wharton to begin with, but it looks like the anxiety extends for at least another week haha!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
So all of today's invites went out already or are they going out in waves?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
djy2378 wrote:
dougdoug wrote:
Any word as to whether the invites are truly sent out at random (other than an emphasis on international invites early)? By random I mean that the timing is no reflection on the quality of the applicant. I'm sure this is answered elsewhere but figured I could also get a quick response...

It's a myth. People who think international invitations go out first based the reason that it gives applicants more time to make travel arrangements. It makes sense, but this view has never been backed by the Adcom.

Yeah, mostly true. I am an international and LAST YEAR I got my Wharton interview invitation on the last day of the cycle. I was one of the ten-twelve international students whom I met at Wharton last year. We were getting interviewed on perhaps last day of the interviewing period. So, atleast 10-12 international students did receive an interview invite towards the end of the notification cycle.
Although, I am a little apprehensive of such a thing happening this year because of the change in interview pattern.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
meren wrote:
So all of today's invites went out already or are they going out in waves?

My understanding is that invites are sent only once during any particular day. I think all the invites for today have been sent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
Got an invite! Email came at 1:52PM EST.

U.S. east coast.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
No email here either :(

Any Indian applicants based in India received an invite today ?

Thanks,

I am an Indian applicant based out of India. I got an interview invite today. Good luck to all those waiting to hear from Wharton. Keep the faith guys ! There are 3-4 waves left.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM

Originally posted by mrikiw on 29 Jan 2013, 12:49.
Last edited by mrikiw on 12 Feb 2013, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
invited!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
schumacher24 wrote:
cognizant2001 wrote:

Thanks,

I am an Indian applicant based out of India. I got an interview invite today. Good luck to all those waiting to hear from Wharton. Keep the faith guys ! There are 3-4 waves left.

Thanks for your response ! If possible, could you please let me know what dates are reserved for interviews in Mumbai and New Delhi ? I am a little concerned because of this group-discussion thing.

Thanks,
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
cognizant2001 wrote:
schumacher24 wrote:
cognizant2001 wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks for your response ! If possible, could you please let me know what dates are reserved for interviews in Mumbai and New Delhi ? I am a little concerned because of this group-discussion thing.

Thanks,

Mumbai, India March 4 - 5, 2013
New Delhi, India March 6 - 7, 2013
Timing: 12:30pm and 3:00pm
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi experts/admission consultants/applicants,

I need your advice regarding an important issue.I converted my GPA through (WES)World Education Services (3.54/4.00).My GPA on a 10.0 scale is 6.68 but since the grading system at my institute(comparable to IIT's - top10)is tough I don't know what the Adcoms will make of my 6.68 GPA.Also,not many people from my college apply to B-schools so I have no idea how adcoms will normalize my scores. I even submitted an alternative transcript from mbamath.com scoring 100/100 marks in 24 quizzes.My GMAT score is Q51,V41.

I didn't know that most of the schools were AccessWES clients,which means that they can see my verified transcripts and converted GPA online only without me having to send any transcripts from WES. I mailed to schools regarding this.

Columbia replied to the mail and added my GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Stanford replied to the mail stating that they won't make any addition to the application.(Frankly,this is not an addition,just my GPA on another scale to help the adcoms normalize my scores)
Wharton replied to the mail stating that they will ask the operations team to look at my WES 4.0 GPA but I don't have nay follow-up whether they have taken my 4.0 GPA into account.
My application data in 2 data forms was not updated in HBS Application form.I sent a mail to HBS on 7th itself(R2 deadline) but didn't get any reply.I again sent a mail on 24th regarding the data in application form and 4.0 GPA issue but have not received any reply. Should I go ahead and phone the admissions office about the issue?They are issuing invites tomorrow so I thought they might be busy and will reply to my mail later.(but 22 days and no reply)

MIT Sloan also didn't replied to the mail.Should I wait for some days before reminding on mail again or should I phone the admissions office rightaway?

My question is :-Is it okay if I call up HBS,Wharton and MIT Sloan's office or is there any different strategy for the 3 schools. I thought it was polite to just write a mail and wait for their response but geting no response at all takes me to the nail-bitting mode :(

I greatly appreciate your help and time in advance.Solving this issue might help calm my nerves.Really stressed for the past week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
axeforu wrote:

Mumbai, India March 4 - 5, 2013
New Delhi, India March 6 - 7, 2013
Timing: 12:30pm and 3:00pm

Your reply relieved me of growing-tension. Thanks a lot for such a quick reply ! I am happy that not getting invite today is not the end of the world for me because the interview dates are far away.

Really appreciate your prompt reply ! Surely a +1 from me :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Got the invite!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
harshchamp wrote:
Hi experts/admission consultants/applicants,

I need your advice regarding an important issue.I converted my GPA through (WES)World Education Services (3.54/4.00).My GPA on a 10.0 scale is 6.68 but since the grading system at my institute(comparable to IIT's - top10)is tough I don't know what the Adcoms will make of my 6.68 GPA.Also,not many people from my college apply to B-schools so I have no idea how adcoms will normalize my scores. I even submitted an alternative transcript from mbamath.com scoring 100/100 marks in 24 quizzes.My GMAT score is Q51,V41.

I didn't know that most of the schools were AccessWES clients,which means that they can see my verified transcripts and converted GPA online only without me having to send any transcripts from WES. I mailed to schools regarding this.

Columbia replied to the mail and added my GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Stanford replied to the mail stating that they won't make any addition to the application.(Frankly,this is not an addition,just my GPA on another scale to help the adcoms normalize my scores)
Wharton replied to the mail stating that they will ask the operations team to look at my WES 4.0 GPA but I don't have nay follow-up whether they have taken my 4.0 GPA into account.
My application data in 2 data forms was not updated in HBS Application form.I sent a mail to HBS on 7th itself(R2 deadline) but didn't get any reply.I again sent a mail on 24th regarding the data in application form and 4.0 GPA issue but have not received any reply. Should I go ahead and phone the admissions office about the issue?They are issuing invites tomorrow so I thought they might be busy and will reply to my mail later.(but 22 days and no reply)

MIT Sloan also didn't replied to the mail.Should I wait for some days before reminding on mail again or should I phone the admissions office rightaway?

My question is :-Is it okay if I call up HBS,Wharton and MIT Sloan's office or is there any different strategy for the 3 schools. I thought it was polite to just write a mail and wait for their response but geting no response at all takes me to the nail-bitting mode :(

I greatly appreciate your help and time in advance.Solving this issue might help calm my nerves.Really stressed for the past week.

I suggest you call the schools, this is an offbeat discussion which may not get full justice over email. Make sure you are clear what you are requesting when you talk to them on the phone - "You did not put the GPA generated by WES since ....".
Most of the adcoms are very helpful, and if they are busy they will either not pickup the phone or ask you to call later.

I suggest calling Stanford too, since there is confusion between them thinking you are giving them new information v/s updating information. They may end up giving you the same reply, but its worth calling.

At the same time, keep a soft copy of the WES report ready, so you can email them during or immediately after the call.

Hope this helps ....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
 Q39  V38 GMAT 2: 730  Q49  V41
Send PM
Congrats to all who got invited. Do well in your interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
schumacher24 wrote:
cognizant2001 wrote:

Thanks,

Hey same for me ... Indian ... invited today ..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts