It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 14:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What does this mean? Waitlist or Ding?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What does this mean? Waitlist or Ding? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 08:42
Hi everyone - I received the following notification from Duke last night for R2.

"We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round or in future rounds. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly."

I'm curious, what does this mean? Is this some sort of unofficial waitlist? Did I get dinged? Has anyone else received this type of notice from Fuqua? What was the ultimate outcome?

Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
Re: What does this mean? Waitlist or Ding? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 08:44
mockspeed wrote:
Hi everyone - I received the following notification from Duke last night for R2.

"We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round or in future rounds. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly."

I'm curious, what does this mean? Is this some sort of unofficial waitlist? Did I get dinged? Has anyone else received this type of notice from Fuqua? What was the ultimate outcome?

Thanks!

I got the same letter here.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 08:45
mockspeed wrote:

Thanks!

I am sorry that you did not get good news from Fuqua. This is neither a waitlist nor a ding. They are deferring the decision basically so you may hear from them later. Good luck!

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.3
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
What does this mean? Waitlist or Ding? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 09:01
Same thing happened to me during round 1. After a month I received an email saying that the admissions team needed additional information about my candidacy and would like to interview me for round 2. I just received an invitation yesterday. Don´t lose hope .

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 40

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: 334 Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 09:02
mockspeed wrote:

Thanks!

I got this last year and then was invited to interview for round three. This is basically a deferral to the next round, where they will reevaluate your application.

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 40

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 09:25
I got the same letter and according to the consulting company that I hired this is not a ding but it is almost one and it is unlikely that the adcom changes its mind. I didn't lose hope but my expectations definitely lowered significantly.

Good luck to us!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 16:35
Same, but there is still hope!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 21

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 19:54
Did everyone who did not get a interview call get this message/letter ? Are there anybody who did not get a interview call and also no such message?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 21

Current Student

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Project Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 15:15
Hi guys, I received the same mail on 02/04. I though that I had not chance for interview this round, however, today I received a mail with an interview invitation. Don't lose hope!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 12:34
Just a quick update that Duke has officially put me on a waitlist. Here's the email I received:

Quote:
The admissions committee at The Fuqua School of Business has met to review your application for admission to The Duke MBA. As a result of the tremendous competition for the Class of 2018, we are unable to offer you a final decision at this time, and your application has been placed on our waitlist.

The admissions committee will review applications of waitlisted candidates periodically during upcoming admission rounds and throughout the summer months. Based on the competition and available space, we will make a final decision on your application when appropriate. We will update you on your waitlist status during subsequent rounds of admission.

We recognize that being placed on the waitlist can be difficult since you do not yet have a final decision on your application. In order to help you navigate the waitlist process, we have provided a waitlist Q & A document containing important information and answers to frequently asked questions. Please review this document.

If you would like to remain active on the waitlist, please return to your Applicant Self-Service account by clicking on the link provided below. The "Respond to Offer" link is located on the Welcome Applicant page under the Application Status & Quick Links section of the My Application(s) box. You may click the link to accept your waitlist offer. The deadline to confirm your place on the waitlist is March 29, 2016. If you have made other plans and would like to be removed from our waitlist, please inform us by selecting the "Decline" option within your Applicant Self-Service account so that we may cancel your application.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 02:17
Unfortunately, it is sort of wait-listed for the interviews in which chances are very narrow to get an interview later and eventually an admit.

Shraddha

Re: What does this mean? Waitlist or Ding?   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2017, 02:17