GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Jan 2020, 08:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

640 - Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
640 - Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 18:58
Hello everyone, I just recently took the gmat a few weeks ago and received a 640 (Q:44 V:34 IG:5 AWA:6). I was aiming more for 660-670 range, but I'm not that disappointed b/c 640 is about in-line with what I scored on CAT's (although I scored Q47 and Q48 twice on official gmat CATs 1-2 weeks before my exam). I am a business management major that just graduated from Texas State University with a 3.69 overall GPA and a 4.0 upper-division GPA. I only have 3 months of work experience and was wondering what my chances are at getting into the following programs.

Duke- Masters of Management Science
Michigan- Master of Supply Chain
Notre Dame- MSM
Arizona State- MS Finance
Ohio State- MS Finance
UT Dallas- MS Finance, Master of Mgmt Science, or MS Supply Chain
Indiana- MS Finance
Purdue- MS Finance
SMU- MS Management or MS Finance
Wisconsin- MS Finance
University of Houston- MS finance
Wake Forest- MS Management

Sorry for the long list of schools and programs. As you can probably tell I'm pretty indecisive on which program I would like to pursue. Anyways, thanks ahead of time for your responses, all help is appreciated!!
MiM-Essay Representative
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: 640 - Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 00:19
Seaks wrote:
Hello everyone, I just recently took the gmat a few weeks ago and received a 640 (Q:44 V:34 IG:5 AWA:6). I was aiming more for 660-670 range, but I'm not that disappointed b/c 640 is about in-line with what I scored on CAT's (although I scored Q47 and Q48 twice on official gmat CATs 1-2 weeks before my exam). I am a business management major that just graduated from Texas State University with a 3.69 overall GPA and a 4.0 upper-division GPA. I only have 3 months of work experience and was wondering what my chances are at getting into the following programs.

Duke- Masters of Management Science
Michigan- Master of Supply Chain
Notre Dame- MSM
Arizona State- MS Finance
Ohio State- MS Finance
UT Dallas- MS Finance, Master of Mgmt Science, or MS Supply Chain
Indiana- MS Finance
Purdue- MS Finance
SMU- MS Management or MS Finance
Wisconsin- MS Finance
University of Houston- MS finance
Wake Forest- MS Management

Sorry for the long list of schools and programs. As you can probably tell I'm pretty indecisive on which program I would like to pursue. Anyways, thanks ahead of time for your responses, all help is appreciated!!

Hey Seaks,

Duke, Michigan, Purdue might be a little tough SMU, Wake Forest , Ohio State, Indiana, Wake Forest are reachable though.
However, GMAT while an important factor in the whole application process is not the only criteria for selection. You have mentioned 3 months of work ex., but would need more details on the sector and JD and company names. Also, do you have any certifications like CFA ? Would be an interesting addition for MFin applications.
If you can take up a quick profile evaluation, I can help you gauge your selection chances in the rest of your target schools.
Here's the link : https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gmat-pe
Hope this helped :)

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:Book an Appointment
Intern
Intern
Re: 640 - Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2019, 16:37
Also doesn't hurt to retake the GMAT if you feel that you can do better. It won't count against you. I think the difference in 40 points might get you several thousand in scholarship, which would be well worth the $250 in GMAT fees... Risk reward, up to you. I agree with MiM essay also regarding probabilities for entrance into the listed programs.

If I were you I'd think about retaking it! It would put you closer to the upper-tier programs as well. You also have time before application deadlines and you should be past the 16 days limit for retaking the GMAT.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 640 - Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2019, 16:37

640 - Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carcass, Mo2men