GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 13:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Advice needed. From 760 average on practice tests to 710 on actual

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Advice needed. From 760 average on practice tests to 710 on actual  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 03:11
Any advice ? 760 average on all 6 official GMAT practice tests to 710 on actual exam.

GMAT practice tests:
#1 - 760 (Q49,V46) 7/19
#2 - 730 (Q50,V40) 7/21
#3 - 750 (Q50,V42) 7/27
#4 - 770 (Q50,V46) 7/29
#5 - 750 (Q48,V47) 7/31
#6 - 770 (Q50,V46) 8/1

Actual GMAT - 8/3/19 - 710 (Q48, V40)

Did Manhattan prep books for quant and verbal first along with OG guide questions. Then did target test prep for quant. Studied everyday for 1.5 months.

Took all the practice tests at the library, just couldn't take them at a time similar to actual exam. Exam was at 3:30 on the afternoon I have my practice exams in the mornings usually.

Really not sure how to proceed here. Really need a 750 to have some chances of getting into the school I want. Plan to retake it in a couple weeks but what should I do in between that time. I'm pretty sure I messed up SC and RC on the exam. I usually get all my RCs correct but there was one on the exam I just wasn't able to comprehend fully. First time that's happened. But how should I focus my next 2 weeks so that quant gets back to a 49-50 and verbal ofcourse needs a lot.

Have been really disappointed with myself and woke up at midnight worrying about this. So decided to reach out and ask for any advice. Would appreciate any advice or resources that will be helpful. Like a crash course on SC or something :)

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
Re: Advice needed. From 760 average on practice tests to 710 on actual  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 04:33
I know what you are going through. Dont doubt your capabilities. YOu got stressted out. Did you feel like you were just reading the lines but were not able to grasp the meaning?

I would recommend you to write another one right away. 760 is an easy game compared to your mock performance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Schools: LBS '22, ISB '20, IE '22
GPA: 3.6
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Advice needed. From 760 average on practice tests to 710 on actual  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 05:06
Hey Neha,

Sorry to hear about your bad test day experience. Test day anxiety can get the best of us. Seeing your mock scores, I think you are going hard on yourself. I don't think you need any crash course, you just need to relax and calm your nerves. I would suggest that you order your ESR report from MBA.COM, it will give insights on your actual exam.

Other than that, I would just ask you to relax keeping solving questions and book your exam date for the coming week.

Regards
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 05:19
Hey Neehal,

First of all congratulations on the score!

I wanted to know whether Manhattan tests are a good source to prepare for Verbal?

Any advice would be helpful.

NeehaL wrote:
Any advice ? 760 average on all 6 official GMAT practice tests to 710 on actual exam.

GMAT practice tests:
#1 - 760 (Q49,V46) 7/19
#2 - 730 (Q50,V40) 7/21
#3 - 750 (Q50,V42) 7/27
#4 - 770 (Q50,V46) 7/29
#5 - 750 (Q48,V47) 7/31
#6 - 770 (Q50,V46) 8/1

Actual GMAT - 8/3/19 - 710 (Q48, V40)

Did Manhattan prep books for quant and verbal first along with OG guide questions. Then did target test prep for quant. Studied everyday for 1.5 months.

Took all the practice tests at the library, just couldn't take them at a time similar to actual exam. Exam was at 3:30 on the afternoon I have my practice exams in the mornings usually.

Really not sure how to proceed here. Really need a 750 to have some chances of getting into the school I want. Plan to retake it in a couple weeks but what should I do in between that time. I'm pretty sure I messed up SC and RC on the exam. I usually get all my RCs correct but there was one on the exam I just wasn't able to comprehend fully. First time that's happened. But how should I focus my next 2 weeks so that quant gets back to a 49-50 and verbal ofcourse needs a lot.

Have been really disappointed with myself and woke up at midnight worrying about this. So decided to reach out and ask for any advice. Would appreciate any advice or resources that will be helpful. Like a crash course on SC or something :)

Thank you.

Please give Kudos if you liked the post :) or Bookmark it for future reference! :)
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 17:19
Hi NeehaL,

First off, 710 with Q48 is a very nice score - so don’t be too disappointed. I know that we have already been in touch through email; so, be sure to follow the short-term study plan I sent over, and you should be in a great spot when you retake the GMAT.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Advice needed. From 760 average on practice tests to 710 on actual   [#permalink] 07 Aug 2019, 17:19

Advice needed. From 760 average on practice tests to 710 on actual

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k