It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 09:40

Live Now:

Ace the Booth Interview - Live on YouTube


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 22:55
Thank you log2srini ....all the best to you too..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 00:20
Thanks manojsundar1 I just now completed the short video interview. Can you let me know how many days they will take from now on to let me know whether I'm selected for the final interview ?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 00:52
They replied back in 4 hours for me...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2015
Posts: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 01:47
Great..! Hoping a positive reply from them.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 06:27
manojsundar1 wrote:
hey guys...the video interview contains a lot of practise questions...u will get an idea of what type of questions to expect....It is all behavioural analysis based.....Just had my final admissions interview with chris lynch...Questions where the usual"why mba" and why alberta and so on and so forth...wil get to know the results in 2 weeks time...fingers crossed....


thank you for the post mate and all the best.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.04
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 01:38

Profile Evaluation Request



Hi All,

I am applying to very few schools and all three Canadian schools. Kindly evaluate my profile.

Career Snapshot :
Class 10 - 85%
Class 12- 77%
Graduation: Mechanical engg. ( 7.6 CGPA out of 10)
GMAT : 620 ( AWA - 4 , IR - 5 , Quant- 50 Verbal - 23 )

Overall Work Experience ( 8 years ) : Implementing SAP Supply Chain Planning Solutions for manufacturing industries.

Currently working as a Senior Analyst , in one of the Big Four ( PWC)


Query : Will the lower score in Verbal be a problem or do they care about the overall GMAT .
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 06:20
bissasa wrote:

Profile Evaluation Request



Hi All,

I am applying to very few schools and all three Canadian schools. Kindly evaluate my profile.

Career Snapshot :
Class 10 - 85%
Class 12- 77%
Graduation: Mechanical engg. ( 7.6 CGPA out of 10)
GMAT : 620 ( AWA - 4 , IR - 5 , Quant- 50 Verbal - 23 )

Overall Work Experience ( 8 years ) : Implementing SAP Supply Chain Planning Solutions for manufacturing industries.

Currently working as a Senior Analyst , in one of the Big Four ( PWC)


Query : Will the lower score in Verbal be a problem or do they care about the overall GMAT .


Responded to you in the Molson thread. Let us know more about your extra-curriculars. :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 218
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 23:08
Hello,

I am also an applicant to Alberta's MBA program for 2016 intake. I submitted my application on 9 Dec 2015. I didn't get any link for video essays as few members did receive it after their application submission. Guys please confirm whether video essays are compulsory or are sent to few applicants only.

Regards,
Chinmay
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 23:12
Hello Chinmay,
Do mail chris lynch or charlene patry and enquire about this.The video essay is compulsory for all.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 218
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 23:23
manojsundar1 wrote:
Hello Chinmay,
Do mail chris lynch or charlene patry and enquire about this.The video essay is compulsory for all.



Okay. Thanks for the reply. Have you completed your video essay part? There is no mention of video essays on the school's website. Could please share any information that you have about the process? What is your current status of application?

Regards,
Chinmay
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 00:28
I am happy to help.So once i submitted my application,i got a mail asking me to complete 3 video and 1 written response.Once that was evaluated,i was invited for a skype interview with the admissions director.Had it last monday.They said they will take 2 weeks for the result to come..so am waiting..hope this helps..Could you share your profile?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 218
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 00:38
manojsundar1 wrote:
I am happy to help.So once i submitted my application,i got a mail asking me to complete 3 video and 1 written response.Once that was evaluated,i was invited for a skype interview with the admissions director.Had it last monday.They said they will take 2 weeks for the result to come..so am waiting..hope this helps..Could you share your profile?


What was the time lag between application submission and receipt of mail for video essays? Its been a week since I submitted my application. With respect to my profile, I did my undergrad in Business from the University of Mumbai. I am a Chartered Accountant and have completed the CFA program. My GMAT is 650 and IELTS is 8. I have 3 years of Supply Chain Finance experience with Unilever and Asian Paints. My career interest post MBA is Investment Management. I have applied to Concordia, McGill, Alberta and Sauder as of now. Submitted my applications around a week ago. No interview call from anyone so far. What are your career goals and profile?

Regards,
Chinmay
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 218
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 00:42
desaichinmay22 wrote:
manojsundar1 wrote:
I am happy to help.So once i submitted my application,i got a mail asking me to complete 3 video and 1 written response.Once that was evaluated,i was invited for a skype interview with the admissions director.Had it last monday.They said they will take 2 weeks for the result to come..so am waiting..hope this helps..Could you share your profile?


One more query please... are the responses impromptu or you get an opportunity to practice and then submit the final response?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 00:47
They replied back to me in 2 days.I am a chemical engineer with 3.5 years experience in oil and gas industry as an operations man.Planning to be an operations manager post mba.GMAT 660.I think they might be in the middle of making the admissions decision and with christmas coming up,there might be delays .Have also applied to molson and sauder.Just be patient and contact the university directly.they would be the best ones to answer you.I think sauder shud take u time.I applied to sauder on OCT 22 and am still waiting for an interview call.I think VijayG6387 would agree with me on this
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 218
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 01:00
VijayG6387 Could you please share your profile and career interest? Do we have any current student of Alberta on this group? I have been exchanging mails with Chris and Melissa to get an idea about program fit and career opportunities in Investment Management from the program, but current students would be the best resource to get first-hand information.

Regards,
Chinmay
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 02:46
desaichinmay22 wrote:
VijayG6387 Could you please share your profile and career interest? Do we have any current student of Alberta on this group? I have been exchanging mails with Chris and Melissa to get an idea about program fit and career opportunities in Investment Management from the program, but current students would be the best resource to get first-hand information.

Regards,
Chinmay


GMAT 720, IELTS 8
Work Ex 7 Years in IT, last 3 years as Leads in various teams, two international deputations.
Currently in Delivery Excellence and Risk Management area.
Post career goal is to get into Gaming Industry as a Producer.

I have a friend who graduated from Alberta, who is of no use. :roll:
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 02:48
manojsundar1 wrote:
They replied back to me in 2 days.I am a chemical engineer with 3.5 years experience in oil and gas industry as an operations man.Planning to be an operations manager post mba.GMAT 660.I think they might be in the middle of making the admissions decision and with christmas coming up,there might be delays .Have also applied to molson and sauder.Just be patient and contact the university directly.they would be the best ones to answer you.I think sauder shud take u time.I applied to sauder on OCT 22 and am still waiting for an interview call.I think VijayG6387 would agree with me on this


Yeah Manoj, agreed, I think it will be Jan by the time we complete the interviews. Apparently they are working on weekends too, to manage the huge volume of applications they have received this year. Normal processing time is 4 weeks, but now it is 8 weeks. Most of the Universities will have atleast 1 full week holiday, for Christmas/New Year, so it will have to be in Jan. :)
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 02:51
desaichinmay22 wrote:
manojsundar1 wrote:
Hello Chinmay,
Do mail chris lynch or charlene patry and enquire about this.The video essay is compulsory for all.



Okay. Thanks for the reply. Have you completed your video essay part? There is no mention of video essays on the school's website. Could please share any information that you have about the process? What is your current status of application?

Regards,
Chinmay


Alberta seems to have adopted this very recently, as it wasn't a part of last year's admissions. May be they are just testing it and hence the website is not updated. Even Schulich added this component only in Jan of this year. I'd be surprised if Alberta takes the performance in video essays very seriously.
IR in GMAT was introduced in 2012, and still Univs don't consider them as a critical part of the applications. Some don't even ask what your IR score is.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Mr
Affiliations: ACCA
Joined: 09 Dec 2015
Posts: 24
Location: Bangladesh
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 08:53
Hi,

I am thinking of applying here. I was just wondering can anyone help me with some details? My question is does anyone know about the time-lines of the application. Meaning, say I apply on the 4th of January, how long do they normally take to inform me of their decision (including video interview). Also MOST IMPORTANTLY how long do I have (in weeks or days) to accept an offer if made by the business school?

Thanks to all in advance for the help!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 218
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 10:22
enywmara wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of applying here. I was just wondering can anyone help me with some details? My question is does anyone know about the time-lines of the application. Meaning, say I apply on the 4th of January, how long do they normally take to inform me of their decision (including video interview). Also MOST IMPORTANTLY how long do I have (in weeks or days) to accept an offer if made by the business school?

Thanks to all in advance for the help!



Hi,

The time that schools take to interview candidates depends on each school. I got an interview call from McGill in 10 days after submitting my application. I got an admit from Concordia in 2 weeks after submitting my application. I am still waiting for interview call from Sauder and Alberta (2 weeks since applications submitted). All schools usually give 3-4 weeks time to confirm on their offer.

Regards,
Chinmay
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants!   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2015, 10:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 296 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.