Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 399 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Build your own dreams,Otherwise some one else will hire you to build there's.
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Alberta University (Class of 2018) - Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]
mukul10 wrote:
Hi everyone, is there any active https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all the students who got admitted to Alberta School of Business?
If yes,kindly add me.

Thanks!

There is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group going. Manoj added me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CABBA wrote:
mukul10 wrote:
Hi everyone, is there any active https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all the students who got admitted to Alberta School of Business?
If yes,kindly add me.

Thanks!

There is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group going. Manoj added me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks CABBA for letting me know about it.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys! Just got the admit today.
Pls add me in the https://gmatclub.com/chat group.
+919999885210
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
CABBA wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Got the final decision email from FGSR last night. Exactly 2 weeks since the email from Eva. I'm in with 6000 CAD scholarship.

Congrats Vijay!! And thanks for confirming the time-frame since your contact with Eva. So are you going to accept U of A or are you still considering other offers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey CABBA, I'd be heading to McGill. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
CABBA wrote:

Hey CABBA, I'd be heading to McGill. :)

Congrats Vijay. Enjoy your Journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

Just got admitted to Univ of Alberta. Please add me to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group.
My no. is 9650311762

-Mridu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi everyone,

So I got an admit to the Alberta MBA. Considering the recent oil bust in Canada and Alberta being an oil based economy.
Do you think it would be a good idea to go there and study ?

I heard that the Alberta Govt. has already announced that they would be stopping any salary increments for the next 2 years. Recession is eminent.
Kindly share your views.

It's really hard for an international student like me to invest this kind of money :shock: and I want to be sure before applying :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 550 Q38 V27
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Education)
Send PM
Depends what you'll be focusing on. If you're focusing on the energy sector, I don't think it matters much where you go, as there will be periods of slow growth everywhere at some point or another.
Edmonton, where U of A is located, has actually been hit less hard than most of Canada. However, the entire country is in a recession. So if you're worried about finding work when you're done, I think that we'll all be in the same boat.
I would worry less about the recession and think more about which programs you've been accepted to will be right for you (price, curriculum, culture, etc).
Intern
Intern
Schools: Alberta'18
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I will be joining Alberta University this year. If there is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group, plz add me : +91 9871534447

Thanks
Kshitij
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
marlowmoo wrote:
Depends what you'll be focusing on. If you're focusing on the energy sector, I don't think it matters much where you go, as there will be periods of slow growth everywhere at some point or another.
Edmonton, where U of A is located, has actually been hit less hard than most of Canada. However, the entire country is in a recession. So if you're worried about finding work when you're done, I think that we'll all be in the same boat.
I would worry less about the recession and think more about which programs you've been accepted to will be right for you (price, curriculum, culture, etc).

Hi marlowmoo,

Well, to be honest, I have only applied to Canadian universities as I plan to eventually settle there. I applied to 4 universities as per my bio and I had admits from three. I rejected Schulich solely because of the fee (90000 CAD x 2 as me and my wife both will be going for our MBA together)

Degroote is closer to Toronto (which is the hub for jobs as per my friends). As per my research in Canada, you get jobs primarily in the area where you're college is. Sure! I can try getting a job outside the province but the chances are bleak. Also, I've been waitlisted for their Co-op program, which, again is a niche program.
So location and the chance of getting into the COOP program are the factors which pulls me towards Degroote.

Alberta MBA is no doubt a great MBA program (Better than the McMaster FT program). Also, I have scholarships from the school. Which brings down the fee.
The only thing that is making me have second thoughts is the recent oil bust. As I'm an international student, I am sure I have limited information about the ACTUAL scenario there. It's just that I don't want to unknowingly put myself in a situation where I can't find jobs after MBA.
As an international student, already, I would have second preference over the local population (Not to bring in willingness of companies for the VISA sponsoring)

I can see by you're bio that you are from Canada. Am I right ?
Can you please help me out by correcting/confirming my research so far ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 550 Q38 V27
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Education)
Send PM