Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.43
WE:Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
JavertHL wrote:
EngineeringMBA wrote:
JavertHL wrote:
For the on-site interview, how are people giving Anderson their transcripts. Are you sending them directly from your undergraduate school, or are you handing the office the sealed envelope when you arrive on campus?

Thanks!

You could do it either way. I sent them directly from my undergrad school; a few other interviewees brought them to the admissions office when I was interviewing.

For people who interviewed:

Did people also show Anderson a diploma? My undergraduate school says it takes 45 - 60 days (!!!) to reissue diplomas, so I don't know how to give Anderson a diploma except to take the one off my wall.

For people that brought diplomas/transcripts in, were they sealed in envelopes or did people just have the paper copies to give the admissions office?

My interviewer did not ask for any ID or transcripts.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [3]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Invited for interview!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys. When I interviewed I brought in a sealed envelope with transcript from my undergrad institution and handed it to the adcom receptionist, which worked fine and there were no issues. I'm a US admit and my transcript said the date my degree was conferred so I can't speak to those whose transcripts don't include this info.

While I have no insider info, I've been in the process long enough to sincerely feel that the timing of your submission in a given round (seriously) has no bearing on the relative success of your application. My best guess is that the day after the deadline they do a quick meta-analysis of the round, see what they've got and go from there. The date, time, region, longitude or latitude has little influence over your candidacy as a business school student. Industry, gmat score, undergrad institution, gpa, work experience... those would probably be better indicators for them to segment their review.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shermanator wrote:
Hey guys. When I interviewed I brought in a sealed envelope with transcript from my undergrad institution and handed it to the adcom receptionist, which worked fine and there were no issues. I'm a US admit and my transcript said the date my degree was conferred so I can't speak to those whose transcripts don't include this info.

While I have no insider info, I've been in the process long enough to sincerely feel that the timing of your submission in a given round (seriously) has no bearing on the relative success of your application. My best guess is that the day after the deadline they do a quick meta-analysis of the round, see what they've got and go from there. The date, time, region, longitude or latitude has little influence over your candidacy as a business school student. Industry, gmat score, undergrad institution, gpa, work experience... those would probably be better indicators for them to segment their review.

Do you know if they'll take unsealed official transcripts? (realizing that may be a contradiction) They don't explicitly state that it has to be sealed, just has to be on "original, hard-copy paper with original ink."

It'll save me some time and a couple bucks if I can just bring what I have already, but it's no deal breaker.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
JavertHL wrote:
shermanator wrote:

Do you know if they'll take unsealed official transcripts? (realizing that may be a contradiction) They don't explicitly state that it has to be sealed, just has to be on "original, hard-copy paper with original ink."

It'll save me some time and a couple bucks if I can just bring what I have already, but it's no deal breaker.

I can't seem to find this (and maybe I am basing this off of another school), but I could have sworn that Anderson wanted sealed transcripts from the school. I was fortunately able to have my transcripts mailed directly by my school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
JavertHL wrote:
EngineeringMBA wrote:
JavertHL wrote:
For the on-site interview, how are people giving Anderson their transcripts. Are you sending them directly from your undergraduate school, or are you handing the office the sealed envelope when you arrive on campus?

Thanks!

You could do it either way. I sent them directly from my undergrad school; a few other interviewees brought them to the admissions office when I was interviewing.

For people who interviewed:

Did people also show Anderson a diploma? My undergraduate school says it takes 45 - 60 days (!!!) to reissue diplomas, so I don't know how to give Anderson a diploma except to take the one off my wall.

For people that brought diplomas/transcripts in, were they sealed in envelopes or did people just have the paper copies to give the admissions office?

My transcript showed the degree and graduation date, so UCLA didn't need it. Can you ask your school to include that, and send it directly to UCLA?

I had my transcript mailed directly to UCLA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Do they also require undergrad transcripts from international candidates being interviewed over skype??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
creeative wrote:
Do they also require undergrad transcripts from international candidates being interviewed over skype??

Yes. I sent my transcript via courier before my interview. Your interview invite email should have some directions.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
coolguy314159 wrote:

My transcript showed the degree and graduation date, so UCLA didn't need it. Can you ask your school to include that, and send it directly to UCLA?

I had my transcript mailed directly to UCLA.

Just confirmed with Adcom, if the transcript has the degree, which mine does, then they don't need the diploma.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
I applied in R2 a month back and haven't heard anything from UCLA Anderson after that. A lot of R2 applicants have already received interview invites and the stream has of invites has reduced now. Should I be giving up hope?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hello Everyone, my application status still keeps without changed. No 'Under evaluated' message posted.

Does this mean my application has not been reviewed so far?

Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [5]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
1. R1 deposit deadline is March 12. Expect many R2 invites to come shortly after then.

2. The Adcoms need to manually update the status. Mine still said "submitted" until 3 weeks after my I completed my interview.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.01
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mukakucing wrote:
1. R1 deposit deadline is March 12. Expect many R2 invites to come shortly after then.

2. The Adcoms need to manually update the status. Mine still said "submitted" until 3 weeks after my I completed my interview.

Thanks,it is really helpful! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
mukakucing wrote:

That is quite informative, thank you.

Best
KK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBAAug2014 wrote:
I applied in R2 a month back and haven't heard anything from UCLA Anderson after that. A lot of R2 applicants have already received interview invites and the stream has of invites has reduced now. Should I be giving up hope?

I submitted my application a few days before R2 deadline and still haven't heard back from them either. The blog says they are still sending out interview invites. So don't give up yet!

Best of luck to both of us!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
julia0831 wrote:
MBAAug2014 wrote:

I submitted my application a few days before R2 deadline and still haven't heard back from them either. The blog says they are still sending out interview invites. So don't give up yet!

I am in the same boat. Good luck to the three of us! :)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
kpottem wrote:
julia0831 wrote:
MBAAug2014 wrote:

I am in the same boat. Good luck to the three of us! :)

Thank you for the encouragement! Hopefully, we shall hear good news in the next couple of weeks. :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts