It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 18:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Application Fee Waived..!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 40

Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Application Fee Waived..! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2015, 14:44
Did anyone else receive the email from admissions saying the application fee is waived if submitted prior to the oct deadline? Do you think its an offer to entice non-applicants?
Does this make the competition heavier in Round 1? If thats the case, is Round 2 the best option for students who match the average applicant to Emory? Thoughts please..

May the odds be ever in your favor.

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 92

GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Application Fee Waived..! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2015, 16:43
MutatisMutandis wrote:
Did anyone else receive the email from admissions saying the application fee is waived if submitted prior to the oct deadline? Do you think its an offer to entice non-applicants?
Does this make the competition heavier in Round 1? If thats the case, is Round 2 the best option for students who match the average applicant to Emory? Thoughts please..

I received it. I'm not sure whether it is to entice non-applicants. Usually on an email to non-applicants it would say something at the bottom like "We got your email through GMASS... etc etc etc." but this one does not.

I'm wondering if they sent it out to people who have already started their application to try to get them to move from R2 up to R1, so that those candidates don't move forward with a R1 offer before they can hear back from Goizueta in R2.

Just a theory. Have you started your application?

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 92

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2015, 16:52
TheFloridian wrote:
MutatisMutandis wrote:

I received it. I'm not sure whether it is to entice non-applicants. Usually on an email to non-applicants it would say something at the bottom like "We got your email through GMASS... etc etc etc." but this one does not.

I'm wondering if they sent it out to people who have already started their application to try to get them to move from R2 up to R1, so that those candidates don't move forward with a R1 offer before they can hear back from Goizueta in R2.

Just a theory. Have you started your application?

interesting.. i havent started my application yet, but i attended one of their events recently. Im likely a R2 applicant.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 58

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 05:32
Hello, I haven't received the email nor did I start the application or attended any event.

I'm probably applying in R2 as well, but if the application fee is waived for R1 I might squeeze the lemon and try to submit in R1.

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 58

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.36
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 05:15
I received this email as well, but I figured it was an applicant-wide email to entice prospective students to submit round 1. I didn't realize it was sent out to a select group. I am a R1 applicant, so it was a welcomed bonus.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 139

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 06:00
Are all of you who received the fee waiver mail by any chance US Military personnel?

Appreciate the efforts...KUDOS for all
Don't let an extra chromosome get you down..:P

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 139

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 06:12
JusTLucK04 wrote:
Are all of you who received the fee waiver mail by any chance US Military personnel?

Not I - I'm just a regular guy in Corporate Finance. I did attend an onsite info session however, so that may be related.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 403

GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 11:20
Wow that's interesting.

I haven't received any waiver! :( I am international candidate and I visited the school for an open interview. Doing a bit of googling I came across this:
Goizueta Business School is a Military-Friendly institution - MBA Application fees are waived for current or former (in the past three years) active United States military personnel, current Peace Corps Volunteers and Teach for America employees. Applicants who identify themselves as such will be automatically granted an application fee waiver. Please do not submit payment with your application.

If you fit the above criteria, and you submit your application fee, we will be unable to process a reimbursement on your behalf. We can not issue retroactive waivers. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Note that your payment will be processed by First Data. After your payment, you will be returned to the Goizueta web site.

Do you meet any of these requirements?

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 403

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 3

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 11:24
This post received
KUDOS
AdmitJA wrote:
Wow that's interesting.

I haven't received any waiver! :( I am international candidate and I visited the school for an open interview. Doing a bit of googling I came across this:
Goizueta Business School is a Military-Friendly institution - MBA Application fees are waived for current or former (in the past three years) active United States military personnel, current Peace Corps Volunteers and Teach for America employees. Applicants who identify themselves as such will be automatically granted an application fee waiver. Please do not submit payment with your application.

If you fit the above criteria, and you submit your application fee, we will be unable to process a reimbursement on your behalf. We can not issue retroactive waivers. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Note that your payment will be processed by First Data. After your payment, you will be returned to the Goizueta web site.

Do you meet any of these requirements?

Ah, here's an excerpt from the email I received:

"In addition, domestic candidates who submit an application by our Round 1 deadline of October 9th will automatically have the $150.00 application fee waived." (Boldface my own addition)

I am not a member of any military-friendly institution, but I am a domestic candidate. Perhaps that is the answer.

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 3

Re: Application Fee Waived..!   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2015, 11:24

Application Fee Waived..!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap