Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Ask Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Time check: We have 7 minutes remaining in this session
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Revankumar wrote:
Background and nationality: Revankumar, 23 years, Indian Male

Undergrad Information: 3.3/4 - B.Tech with majors in Computer Science and Engineering and minors in Management from NIT Trichy, India (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings)

GMAT: Haven’t given the exam yet (Aiming for 700+)

Work experience and leadership:

Industrial experience:-
Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)(Pilotted the Build System Verification Project as a fresher, Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Data Analyst Intern, Technosoft Corporation Ltd.

Undergraduate extracurriculars:-
Head of Quality Assurance, College’s Techno-Managerial Org (Led a team of 40 members, Acquired 8+ patonages including UNESCO, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20121:2012)
I
Target: Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA

1) What is the target GMAT score that I should aim for?
2) What are the chances to improve my CV/ profile?
3) I want to join the tech domain soon after my MBA and pursue my entrepreneurship career later down the line in Waste Management (which might be a diff domain compared to IT domain). Shall I still present this as my motive in my SOP? If so, how do I make sure it doesn’t look odd in the face of the AdComs.
4) The work ex that I would have when I apply would only be 2 years. Is it still a good option to apply this year? (from the perspective of AdComs)

--You are building the foundation for a wonderful MBA application profile -- congrats! Some tips:

-750/760+ GMAT to give yourself an edge
-You might want to add an EC to your plate that aligns with your LT goal -- this way, you will help AdComs SEE you longer term trajectory and make better sense of it
-It could tie to how TECH will play into the LT/WM goal -- use your resume to your advantage, tell a story there
-2 years is considered a bit young for many top programs, 3-4 years when applying might help you show more leadership and career progression; perhaps a promotion by then
-Be sure to have a free consult with us! https://fortunaadmissions.com/free_consult/
Send PM
Expert Reply
HI all, we’d be thrilled to discuss your profiles in greater detail - do sign up for a free consultation on our website, fortunaadmissions.com. Fortuna is an elite team of more than 40 admissions insiders from the world’s top business schools.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
mohit1326 wrote:
Background and Nationality:
I am an Indian male(25 years old) currently working in the manufacturing sector(Tata Steel) as an Operations Manager.
Undergrad Information: BTech in Mineral Engineering (7.78/10 CGPA) with honors from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, 12th: 92.40%, 10th: 10 CGPA
GMAT: 760(V42,Q51)
Professional Work Experience: 2 years: Manager Operations, Tata Steel
I, alongside my team, worked towards stabilising the operations of a newly constructed 2MTPA capacity coal preparation plant and succeeded in doing so.

Volunteering Experience(during Undergrad):
2 years: Team Leader at AIESEC India: I worked in following portfolios: Event Management(5 events during college), Content marketing, Graphic Designing: local entity won 3 national awards, created graphic content for Tourism Industry of 2 Indian states
3 months cultural internship at AIESEC Krakow, Poland
Digital Experience Manager: AIESEC Russia (6 months)
Tata ProEngage volunteer program
Secretary at University department societies
Represented India as a delegate at International Conferences

Extracurriculars:
Attended and won at multiple inter-college sports meets
National level Table Tennis Player
National level Squash Player
State Level Badminton player
Marathon Runner: Started Running and Physique Transformation club in college
Post MBA goals: Social Entrepreneurship(in the field of sports), Strategy, General Management, Leadership

Target Schools: M7, Tuck, Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross
Can you look into this profile too?
Send PM
Expert Reply
[quote="RakshithTN"] Hi RakshithTN in words. But thanks for sharing. You have an amazing profile that is quite unique - particularly as an indian male which you know is the most competitive applicant pool. I think you would have an amazing show at any of the schools you mentioned. You show a lot of diverse experience and tons of leadership experience, interesting extracurriculars and hobbies too. Indeed I would try and get a high gmat score (hopefully higher than what you are aiming for just because of your applicant pool but 650-700 will still be ok for those schools) Since most are all intt’l schools, you will really need to show your int’l experience and /or motivation.

Good luck to you - i think you will have a great chance!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Thanks for the reply, For the post MBA goals I would prefer :-Operations and Product Management as they go well with my profile. For the GPA , I am in top 5 of my batch of 100 fellows. GPA 3.2/4
Q:- For Operations could you please suggest college.
Q Do adcoms look for the fact that GPA varies from country to country or they just have a pre-defined criterion.

brittanymaschal wrote:
vibkan wrote:
•GRE:- 326 GMAT 710
•Nationality: Indian
*GPA:- 3.20
•Work experience: 5 years in Product Engineering Division, Promoted to Assistant Manager (Current working for a Public Sector Company for Govt. Of India

Achievement:-
*Patent application pending ( Transferred for legal evaluation)
* Two technical papers in international journal

* Handling a team of 75+ People.
•Promotion : 3
•Under Grad: B.Tech Oil and Gas
•Extra-curricular : Swimming (National Level)

US B-schools you think would be a good fit?
Should I go with GRE or GMAT, or should I take another attempt for GMAT.

Hi Vibkan, thanks for joining! A few notes:

-I would retake GMAT and aim for a high school to help supplement lower GPA
-If you can’t get 750 range GMAT, try to GRE again
-LORs are also going to be important although sometimes harder to get in Gov’t roles. Start early to support writers in crafting compelling letters that highlight your accomplishments and potential -- no form letters!
-Schools really depends on your goals post-MBA.M7 will be tough but some of the school right outside of that mix might be viable as well as European schools
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Thanks Caroline, Brittany and MJ! Much appreciated.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone, Thanks for your questions and we apologize if we weren’t able to get to everyone. There are 3 of here from Fortuna working fast to answer your questions! If you would like to connect with us, you can sign up for a free 30-min consultation on our website https://www.fortunadmissions.com Our team is made up of coaches who have all worked at various business schools on the admissions side and some are also alum. All the best to you
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
mohit1326 wrote:
Background and Nationality:
I am an Indian male(25 years old) currently working in the manufacturing sector(Tata Steel) as an Operations Manager.
Undergrad Information: BTech in Mineral Engineering (7.78/10 CGPA) with honors from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, 12th: 92.40%, 10th: 10 CGPA
GMAT: 760(V42,Q51)
Professional Work Experience: 2 years: Manager Operations, Tata Steel
I, alongside my team, worked towards stabilising the operations of a newly constructed 2MTPA capacity coal preparation plant and succeeded in doing so.

Volunteering Experience(during Undergrad):
2 years: Team Leader at AIESEC India: I worked in following portfolios: Event Management(5 events during college), Content marketing, Graphic Designing: local entity won 3 national awards, created graphic content for Tourism Industry of 2 Indian states
3 months cultural internship at AIESEC Krakow, Poland
Digital Experience Manager: AIESEC Russia (6 months)
Tata ProEngage volunteer program
Secretary at University department societies
Represented India as a delegate at International Conferences

Extracurriculars:
Attended and won at multiple inter-college sports meets
National level Table Tennis Player
National level Squash Player
State Level Badminton player
Marathon Runner: Started Running and Physique Transformation club in college
Post MBA goals: Social Entrepreneurship(in the field of sports), Strategy, General Management, Leadership

Target Schools: M7, Tuck, Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross
Can you look into this profile too?

--Mohit, Congrats on your GMAT!
Will you have 2 years when you apply or you have 2 now and 3 when you apply? Having 3 might be helpful to show stronger career progression. You clearly have strong leadership developing. What you could work on is your goals, adding more depth and specificity as telling a very clear where you have been and where you hope to go via the MBA is crucial in this process. It will help you demonstrate a deep understanding of he value of the degree. Please reach out for a consult -- schools seem fitting from a quick review.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
That’s great. Thanks, MJ. And yeah, apologies for providing detailed profile info. :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, thanks for sharing details! It looks like you have a nice well rounded profile with multiple dimensions. Do target a 700+ GMAT if you can. if you have international experience, do emphasise that for the international schools. I would say schools in top 20-30 range for the US (as well as international schools) should be your target.
quote:

- Role: Research Assistant for a project involving R&D of military fighter aircraft.
I started my career at ADA as a Structure Design Engineer. Post a performance assessment in my 2nd year, my role was expanded to program management activities, towards the roll-out of aircraft. Also, involved in projects to check the feasibility of upgradation of design/manufacturing environment with newer technologies such as digital manufacturing and implementation of Model Based Design.

Prior to this I worked for a start-up, which manufactures and provides solutions for automation material handling systems . Involved in complete design cycle providing solutions for the customer requirements, including installation at site.

- Work experience: 4.5 years
- Community activities: I’m a founder of a trek club. Have hosted and led more than 120 people in the last 3 years. Through this club we emphasize the notion of ‘travel with a responsibility’. This club is focussed towards travel, personal development (art), development of local players in tourism, green initiatives (plastic collection during the trek/hikes and proper disposal, planting saplings)

- Industry post MBA: Explore Venture capital and private equity space in Technology. And Expand my social-impact venture

- Additional details:
-Was a chief designer in a team of 15 highly enthusiastic engineers for the design and manufacturing of Go-Kart. My team stood in the top 10 among 84 teams from across India.
-School sports captain for 2 years, Actively take part in event organising in school, college and company I where I work.
-Participant in National level Yoga competition. I even conduct Yoga sessions at my workplace.
-Rajya Puraskar awardee (2nd highest honour in Scouts and Guides, India)
-Took part in district level High jump and Long jump competitions
-Have won 79 prizes in sports and athletics

-Target schools : Oxford Said, IE Business school, HEC Paris, IESE, Copenhagen Business School, NUS, NTU. US, schools I’ll decide based on my GMAT score.[/quote] For eval[/quote]
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you everyone for joining us today. Thank you, Caroline, Brittany and MJ for your time.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Many thanks all!
Send PM
Thanks everyone for a great session -- we hope to connect with you again! Best wishes for your MBA process.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are officially closing this chat session but feel free to reach out to Fortuna if you have more questions :)

We are starting a student panel in a few mins. You can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeA5T0wsGDE

Originally posted by Nikhil on 15 Jun 2021, 11:01.
Last edited by Nikhil on 15 Jun 2021, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Many thanks for your time MJ, Brittany and Nikhil.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I’ll start applying when I touch the 3 year line. I’ll definitely touch on my goals and do the introspection required. Thank you everyone for hosting this chatroom,
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  30