Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 19:47 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 19:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
you have more extra curriculars/volunteering etc would be great to showcase. All the best to you.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8971 [0]
Given Kudos: 3039
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Next question in the queue is from arunavac,
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
taloleshubham wrote:
Profile Evaluation for MBA 2022 Intake-
Indian Male
GMAT: 740(current mocks)
Undergrad: 8.8 GPA Bachelor in Engineering in Computer Science(WES-> US Equivalent Undergrad).
University: Pune University
Post Graduate - 3.8 GPA Masters in Data Science, Liverpool John Moores University
12th Grade: 93% (top 1 percentile from a pool of 15 lakh) Merit Scholarship holder
10th Grade - 92%
Work Experience: 3 yrs(at the time of matriculation) as Senior Analyst - Technology (promoted once) in leading European Investment Bank and won many International and national awards
in the orgaisation for my work. Day to day work involves developing softwares and interacting with teams across globe and with immediate supervisor from UK.
Certifications - HBX CORe
Volunteer work - Started a non profit initiative to fight against covid. Work as a consultant for a multi speciality hospital to handle logistics and operations.
EC’s - Led student chapters in undergrad to organize national level events leading 300 students for the same.
Post-MBA goals - Product Manager roles in tech/ tech strategy
Target Schools - Stanford, Columbia, Darden, LBS, MIT, Haas, NYU, Cornell, Kellog

Please evaluate my profile for my targett schools. Any more target schools which might be good fit? Also any gaps in my profile which I can address?

Hi and thank you for sharing your profile! Your UG is solid and if you can score 740 on the GMAT that will boost your profile as these top schools are looking for high scores. For your work experience make sure to show how you have excelled and the key skills you have developed (be specific about your role and projects). The schools you have listed are very selective so make sure you show have you have demonstrated team skills and leadership both at work and in your engagement with your community. A good profile, but think about areas where you can shine light on what sets you apart and what you would bring to a MBA class. Best of luck!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Next question in the queue is from mpk777,
Send PM
mpurkayastha wrote:
Hi! Im building out my resume and want some tips on how many sentences per bullet is adequate. Also should we include GPA on the resume?

Thank you for your question. Your resume bullets should be 1-2 sentences each. Keep it simple. Less detail about projects themselves, more numbers whenever possible, and keep the resume to one page; it is preferred by many schools and good practice. If you have a strong UG GPA yes you should include it on your resume.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT:700(Yet to give)
Nationality: Indian Female
Work Experience: 1year in IT(2years at the time of matriculation)
Achievements: Top 10% student in college, got into a position at my current company (which usually takes 2years to reach with promotions)
UG: 9.7CGPA in Computer Science Engineering
ECs: Hosted events in college, taught rural area kids at an NGO for several months and will continue do so even this year, also play the piano if that’s an advantage
Short-term goals: Get an overall perspective of how businesses work, Get into FinTech
Long-term goals: Be a part of change in the world
Why MBA now: I am extremely curious to learn how businesses work and have always dreamt of being a leader. Getting to learn from people of various backgrounds also is really exciting to me
Question: What are my chances to get into NYU and other top 10? Areas in which I can improve?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
28 year old, Indian Male, for Fall 2022 intake
GMAT: Yet to take. Expecting around 730
GRE (taken in 2017): 328 - 168Q, 160V
Academics:
-MS in Construction Management from a T10 US university (GPA: 3.9)
Led mentorship of underprivileged HS students (black/brown/immigrant communities).
Work Experience: (4 years at matriculation)
--3 Years in Engineering Consulting – Infrastructure project manager(PMP). Promoted twice in 3 years. Leading a group of 10 engineers and technicians.
--Led a steering committee SOP and presented to Board of Dirs approval. Multiple leadership positions in local societies/chapeters.
Gap:
-- Worked 2 years after UG as a Research Assistant owing to family separation issues. Became a better person because of that and lead to an interest in mentoring underpriviliged students during MS. Plan on explaining this in the Optional Essay.
Goals:
-Short term: Pivot to management consulting or look for roles in general management (failsafe). Long term: Clean energy/environmental sustainability stream.

Targets: Emory, Fuqua, Cornell, UNC, McCombs

1) Looking at the profile, what would be a weakness that I should work on before applying for Round 2?
2) How can I better explain a difficult situation in my life for the applications?
Send PM
Expert Reply
sourav1995 wrote:
thank you. so for my long term goal to be working in sector of mental health. an holistic MBA would be good ? any specific program suggested would be appreciated. otherwise its okey :)

I feel it’s always beneficial in business to have a holistic approach - espcially if you are taking more specific courses now. I’m not sure how much focus at school is on mental health in particular but what I can tell you is NYU has a focus in Healthcare, with opportunities to connect with NYU Langone, a dual degree MD/MBA program, a healthcare-focused curriculum and healthcare specialization. Also strong in healthcare: Wharton, Duke, Michigan Ross

https://poetsandquants.com/2017/04/06/h ... gets-mbas/
But not sure if you want such a focus on healthcare per se? Just wanted to offer that
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Next question in the queue is from Rohith348,
Send PM
mpurkayastha wrote:
Im starting to look at Stern essay questions for the 6 pictures. Any recommendations on how to best answer this

This essay is about who you are. Stern places a strong emphasis on personal characteristics and is looking for students who will be involved in the school and community. The Pick Six is a place to let your personality shine. You can utilize a diverse set of images, as long as they have significance in your life and, if possible, tie into the characteristics that Stern is looking for. The pick six also helps the Admissions Committee gauge your ‘fit’ with the program and community, and ensures that you have the qualities of a “Sternie.” This is a prime opportunity to showcase your EQ by representing the key inspirations that drive you to have a positive impact on those around you. Know that Stern values individuality, so think about presenting a range of images that can offer more insight into the various aspects of who you are. Finally, while the openness of the instructions may suggest the committee is looking for an artistic presentation, there is no need to overthink it. The Pick Six can include photographs, posters, symbolic images, artwork, or most any other visual format. What’s most important are the images you select and the captions, so long as the final PDF is organized and refined.

Thanks for joining us today! Fortuna Admissions is an elite team of over 40 business school insiders, helping candidates all over the world gain admission to the world’s top MBA programs. To discuss your profile in more detail, please sign up for a free consultation on our website, https://fortunaadmissions.com/free_consult/

Originally posted by michelbelden on 16 Jun 2021, 10:18.
Last edited by michelbelden on 16 Jun 2021, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Next question in the queue is from abhiadi4222,
Send PM
Expert Reply
arunavac wrote:
GMAT: 670
•Nationality: Indian male
•Work experience: 4.5 years
•Function: Marketing & Advertising Sales
•Working as a Senior Executive in the Revenue & Brand Solutions Team for the Broadcasting Business of The Walt Disney Company. Prior to this I was a part of Viacom 18 working for the entertainment business of the company.
•Graduation: West Bengal University of Tech CGPA: 7.22, 12th: 71% & 10th: 65%
•Extracurricular: An Avid Music Listener. Pianist and a Guitarist. Also represented the school in many Inter School Debates and Public Speaking events. During leisure, I help SMEs for their Digital marketing bit and ideas on Digital Transformation
•Post MBA Career Goal: Senior management role in a marketing / digital transformation based role coupled with Brand Management / Marketing.
•Kindly advice suitable schools to apply and us and pragmatic post MBA career goals. Thank you.
Hi there,
Very interesting background - this will definitely set you apart within the indian male applicant pool. Sounds like you hold a leadership role as well at a young age so that’s amazing and will be impressive for ad coms. I’m a bit concerned about your gmat and gpa though if you are aiming for a top school. Will you be re-writing? I would suggest to do so if possible. If you can get a very high gmat, Kellogg is well known in marketing and branding. Wharton too. Where do you want to be? US or europe or other?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 48
Send PM
how present a profile if i have many jumps and gaps in my career
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.09
WE:Sales (Investment Banking)
Send PM
with the Marathon i came in as a volunteer the first year but was charged with leading a group of volunteers as we had been working with the team a little longer. i was then called back the following year to work as part of the productions team and lead two groups of volunteers then, on barrier set up and the other on the final table step and medal awarding to finishers. the team leader role at AIESEC involved leading a unit of 3 other members of the organization. On international exp, we did have clients based in South Africa, Kenya, London and Dubai, only worked in Botswana though
Send PM
Expert Reply
arunavac wrote:
GMAT: 670
•Nationality: Indian male
•Work experience: 4.5 years
•Function: Marketing & Advertising Sales
•Working as a Senior Executive in the Revenue & Brand Solutions Team for the Broadcasting Business of The Walt Disney Company. Prior to this I was a part of Viacom 18 working for the entertainment business of the company.
•Graduation: West Bengal University of Tech CGPA: 7.22, 12th: 71% & 10th: 65%
•Extracurricular: An Avid Music Listener. Pianist and a Guitarist. Also represented the school in many Inter School Debates and Public Speaking events. During leisure, I help SMEs for their Digital marketing bit and ideas on Digital Transformation
•Post MBA Career Goal: Senior management role in a marketing / digital transformation based role coupled with Brand Management / Marketing.
•Kindly advice suitable schools to apply and us and pragmatic post MBA career goals. Thank you.
That’s great you have lots of extra curriculars but any leadership roles in any of them? With your gmat and gpa, if you don’t re-write I’m afraid it will be tough for any top US school. Any in’tl experience?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Next question is from vinnyray,
Send PM
mpk777 wrote:
GMAT:700(Yet to give)
Nationality: Indian Female
Work Experience: 1year in IT(2years at the time of matriculation)
Achievements: Top 10% student in college, got into a position at my current company (which usually takes 2years to reach with promotions)
UG: 9.7CGPA in Computer Science Engineering
ECs: Hosted events in college, taught rural area kids at an NGO for several months and will continue do so even this year, also play the piano if that’s an advantage
Short-term goals: Get an overall perspective of how businesses work, Get into FinTech
Long-term goals: Be a part of change in the world
Why MBA now: I am extremely curious to learn how businesses work and have always dreamt of being a leader. Getting to learn from people of various backgrounds also is really exciting to me
Question: What are my chances to get into NYU and other top 10? Areas in which I can improve?

Thank you for sharing your profile! You are on the younger side, but ambitious with a very strong UG GPA. I also like to see your commitment to your community working with kids at an NGO. To be successful in the application process I recommend working on your clarity of purpose, who you are, what you care about and why an MBA is essential to achieving your goals. You need to connect your current work experience to your short-term goal in fintech. You want a coherent, credible story. Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  30