Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q162 V154
GPA: 2.29
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Send PM
Ask Personal MBA Coach [#permalink]
Indian, Female, 28
Target GMAT - 700+
Education - Bachelor in Engineering-8.7 , Diploma in Engineering-8, 10th-75%

Work experience - 6.5 Years
1. worked as Software Engineer at US based InsurTech fortune 500 company and at Healthcare and FMCG automation and technology company.
2. Co-Founder of handicraft social e-commerce startup, founded and registered in 2019.
I am from village where most women knows needle and thread art but not able to earn money because of lack of platform, technology and investment. We are helping these women earn money.
3. Partner at Import export and trading company
I am helping farmers sell their produces at price higher than MSP(minimum support price) by removing middleman layers.
4. CURRENT ROLE-Freelancer as Lead Software Engineer at LogiTech Startup

Why MBA?
I have gone had many corporate experiences and managed my startup over the years, but I learned everything in a try and error manner. Now I want to take a step back and use the MBA program to gain skills(management, strategy, marketing) in an academic setting.

Short Term Goal: To become a product manager in an AgriTech startup.
Long Term Goal: Social Entrepreneurship in AgriTech industry
Born in farmer’s family and being a tech person myself, I knew that in India and many other , farmers don’t have technology, data and advanced tools to make better decisions and ease the agriculture processes. My goal is to transform the agriculture industry through technology and improve farmer’s lives

Target Schools: M7, Haas, Yale, Duke Fuqua, Tuck, Ross, Said, Judge, NYU Stern, Insead, HEC Paris, ISB, Babson

Questions-
1. which college and program should i go for which will help me achieve my long-term goal(Entrepreneurship in AgriTech) ?
Any other colleges you want to suggest?
2. how can i highlight my strengths – Leadership, Community involvement and what do you find weakness in my profile? Suggestions you want to give to improve my profile/CV?
3. do you find my personal story strong and compelling enough?
4. I want to join AgriTech startup soon after my MBA and pursue my entrepreneurship career later down the line in AgriTech itself.
I am not sure if school will find ’join AgriTech soon after MBA suitable (because generally tech company comes into campus but not specifically tech company that works in agriculture sector) or Shall I still present this as my short term goal in my SOP? If so, how do I make sure it doesn’t look odd in the face of the AdComs.

Originally posted by NirupaD on 16 Jun 2021, 01:14.
Last edited by NirupaD on 26 Aug 2022, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: Ask Personal MBA Coach [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello sourav1995,

Thank you for sharing. Looking at your short and long-term goals, you will really want to share how you will be unique. Along with specifically articulating what position you hope to achieve, you should think deeper and share your vision for improving your chosen field.

It is great to see that you have 8 target schools on your list, as this will help maximize your chances of success. For schools like Yale SOM, NYU Stern, and UCLA Anderson, you may want to aim higher than a 720 on the GMAT – particularly because you come from a highly represented background as an Indian male engineer.

The decision of whether an MBA or masters better fits your needs takes time and serious consideration. Personal MBA Coach can provide you with customized support for both of these routes. Feel free to review our services and send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are looking for guidance throughout the application process!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

sourav1995 wrote:
It is my first time asking for a profile evaluation and so appologies for any mistake.
Target GMAT score: 720+
•Nationality: Indian Male
•Work experience: 3 years as a System Engineer at Infosys Limited. published a research paper at IEEE
•Under Grad: B.Tech (electronics and communication) 7.3/10 CGPA
•Currently pursuing- advance management program in business analytics from ISB
•Extracurricular : dance teams in school and college, yoga practitioner, kickboxing
•Schools: Not yet decided
•Short term goal : work in field of business analytics
•Long term goal : work on a solution to provide online mental health consultation

•Currently pursuing- advance management program in business analytics from ISB

Situation-
1. I am pursuing the business analytics course from ISB and growing my learning in this field. So, i am thinking of gaining experience in it
till 2022 and grow my experience for 4.5 yrs before applying to top school. But, i would like to go for a MBA degree from top schools like
Tepper, UCLA Anderson, Oxford, HEC Paris, Yale SOM, NYU Stern, Fuqua, LBS.

2. should i go for a MBA degree and not for a masters degree in business analytics ?

Questions-
which college and which program should i go for to grow myself to go for my long term goal(online mental health consultation) ?
i would like to go from a techno functional to a management role in a company working on something similar and grow myself.

Also let me know if additional info is required, i tried to keep it short
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi NirupaD,

Thank you for sharing a bit about your experiences/goals. Your personal story definitely has strong potential. Business schools want to know how you will make the business world (and the world more broadly) better when you leave their campuses. They also want to know how you will leave a unique mark.

While crafting a personal statement is not easy, Personal MBA Coach is here to help! This is a key component of our comprehensive services. As for your target school list, Personal MBA Coach suggests targeting 5 to 8 schools. We discuss the school selection process with our clients on a case-by-case basis, it sounds like you are thinking about a good range of schools (though you will want to narrow down your list slightly). In terms of Agritech programs, Yale may be a good option since they have forestry programs.

As for your target GMAT, you will want to score well above a 700 for the M7s and some of the other top US b-schools on your list.

Feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are looking for guidance throughout the application process!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

NirupaD wrote:
Name - Nirupa
Indian, Female, 28
Target GMAT - 700+
Education - Bachelor in Engineering-8.7 , Diploma in Engineering-8, 10th-75%

Work experience - 6.5 Years
1. worked as Software Engineer at US based InsurTech fortune 500 company and at Healthcare and FMCG automation and technology company.
2. Co-Founder of handicraft social e-commerce startup, founded and registered in 2019.
I am from village where most women knows needle and thread art but not able to earn money because of lack of platform, technology and investment. We are helping these women earn money.
3. Partner at Import export and trading company
I am helping farmers sell their produces at price higher than MSP(minimum support price) by removing middleman layers.
4. CURRENT ROLE-Freelancer as Lead Software Engineer at LogiTech Startup

Why MBA?
I have gone had many corporate experiences and managed my startup over the years, but I learned everything in a try and error manner. Now I want to take a step back and use the MBA program to gain skills(management, strategy, marketing) in an academic setting.

Short Term Goal: To become a product manager in an AgriTech startup.
Long Term Goal: Social Entrepreneurship in AgriTech industry
Born in farmer’s family and being a tech person myself, I knew that in India and many other , farmers don’t have technology, data and advanced tools to make better decisions and ease the agriculture processes. My goal is to transform the agriculture industry through technology and improve farmer’s lives

Target Schools: M7, Haas, Yale, Duke Fuqua, Tuck, Ross, Said, Judge, NYU Stern, Insead, HEC Paris, ISB, Babson

Questions-
1. which college and program should i go for which will help me achieve my long-term goal(Entrepreneurship in AgriTech) ?
Any other colleges you want to suggest?
2. how can i highlight my strengths – Leadership, Community involvement and what do you find weakness in my profile? Suggestions you want to give to improve my profile/CV?
3. do you find my personal story strong and compelling enough?
4. I want to join AgriTech startup soon after my MBA and pursue my entrepreneurship career later down the line in AgriTech itself.
I am not sure if school will find ’join AgriTech soon after MBA suitable (because generally tech company comes into campus but not specifically tech company that works in agriculture sector) or Shall I still present this as my short term goal in my SOP? If so, how do I make sure it doesn’t look odd in the face of the AdComs.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi abhiadi4222,

Thank you for your post. Where did you attend undergrad? This will factor into your candidacy and help us better determine what kind of GMAT score you should target for ISB and the IIMs.

As you know, the pool of applicants from India is very competitive so you will likely want to break 700 for a school like ISB. This also means that other aspects of your application are going to need to stand out (i.e., your personal story and post-MBA goals).

Overall, it looks like you have a solid profile, and Tata is a well-known firm. Your extracurricular experience is interesting as well and you will want to frame this in a way that gels with your overall story.

It's often hard to predict what someone's chances are in a competitive subset like yours, but the best way to maximize your chances of success is to target a wide range of programs (think 5-8 schools).

If you'd like to speak more about your candidacy and are looking for application assistance, please send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com and take a look at our services to learn more.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

abhiadi4222 wrote:
Name : Abhishek Gupta GMAT: not yet taken
Nationality: Indian male
Undergrad Information: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 7.73 CGPA
Work experience: 4.5 yrs in Tata Consultancy Services... Also worked as a lead for my team...Got early promotion as well
Function: Automation tester and java developer role
Graduation: 7.73 CGPA; 12th: 83.4%; 10th: 9.4 cgpa

Extracurricular: National cadet corps( NCC ) C certificate holder...
Hosted annual fests for my account in my company...
Worked in NGO and member of Maitree club in my company who serves in NGOs and organize cultural events
Played Cricket, Basketball and Badminton in various Interschool, Intercollege and corporate tournaments
Target: ISB, IIMs

Question - How much score do i need to get into my selected clgs...
Is my profile suitable enough to get into these colleges
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Team, Please help evaluate my chances for Kellogg, Judge and Said.

Gmat: 690 ( V34,Q49)
Nationality: Indian
Education: B.Tech( top 10% of the class) and MBA ( Average grades from top 10 Bschool in India)
Attended executive education at SMU, Singapore, Erasmus University, Rotterdam and University of Denver.
Ongoing micromasters in supply chain from MITx

Workex: 6 years total
5 years with a logistics MNC in their global leadership cadre and a global cohort of 40. International workex of 2+ years and Leadership exp of 1+ years. Top 5 percentile of South Asia business unit consistently.

Side hustle of starting a dance school along with my spouse.

Volunteering experience with 6 NGOs with leadership experience in 2.

What are my chances? Should I retake the GMAT?

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello AlphaKilo,

Truthfully, with a 690 GMAT, your chances at Kellogg are on the lower side. While this score may suffice for Judge and Said, I would recommend retaking and aiming for the mid-700s for Kellogg or any other M7 that you may be interested in.

Looking at your school list, you may want to target a few more schools. Personal MBA Coach suggests that applicants apply to 5-8 schools to maximize their chances of success as competition increases and acceptance rates fall.

As for your work experience and extracurriculars, they look quite solid. It will be key that you highlight your leadership experience in both your professional role and your role with two of the NGOs.

If you are looking for comprehensive support throughout the application process, feel free to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com. We work with many Indian applicants and regularly send folks to top b-schools across the globe.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

AlphaKilo wrote:
Team, Please help evaluate my chances for Kellogg, Judge and Said.

Gmat: 690 ( V34,Q49)
Nationality: Indian
Education: B.Tech( top 10% of the class) and MBA ( Average grades from top 10 Bschool in India)
Attended executive education at SMU, Singapore, Erasmus University, Rotterdam and University of Denver.
Ongoing micromasters in supply chain from MITx

Workex: 6 years total
5 years with a logistics MNC in their global leadership cadre and a global cohort of 40. International workex of 2+ years and Leadership exp of 1+ years. Top 5 percentile of South Asia business unit consistently.

Side hustle of starting a dance school along with my spouse.

Volunteering experience with 6 NGOs with leadership experience in 2.

What are my chances? Should I retake the GMAT?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Work experience: 4.5 yrs in Tata Consultancy Services... Also worked as a lead for my team...Got early promotion as well

Extracurricular:
interviewed freshers at tcs n account level...
role at ur company - tester -->business analyst--> developer bfsi platform...
lead for a team of 9 members...
got 3 consecutive top level A band in my appraisal and Got early promotion as well
Hosted annual fest once (was appreciated a lot)and volunteered many times as was fun spoc for my account in my company...
learning and development spoc...
transport spoc...
Runnerup at tcs badminton competition and volunteered the same...
Man of the match at account level final cricket match...also volunteered and was part tym commentator...
was a part of musical skit that we performed when music was not allowed to be played at the fest...
organised friday fun activities and fun other activities on special occasions for own team...
Maitree club in my company who serves in NGOs and organize cultural events...

National cadet corps( NCC ) C certificate holder...
represented college in nodal level badminton tournament...
Worked in NGO called Prayas... and member of Maitree club in my company who serves in NGOs and organize cultural events...
captain of hostel cricket team...
winner in hostel badminton tournament...
represented college at national level sae tricycle event held at LPU and was captain of my team ...
attended workshop at iit roorkee...
member of organising committee on occassion of ganesh chaturthi and durga puja in college...
member of mess committee at my college hostel...

vice captain of my school in class 12 th...
selected for next level at national level aarya vidhya sabha sanskrit exam in class 9th...
represented school in interschool cricket competition in class 11th ...
represented my house in school level badminton competition class 9th...
participated in act plays in annual function at my school

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello abhiadi4222,

Thank you for sharing more information about your profile. As mentioned previously, where you attended undergrad will impact your candidacy.

Again, you will want to aim to break 700 on the GMAT. With so many extracurriculars, you will want to focus on sharing how you have done a few things exceptionally well. A select number of well-articulated stories that clearly show who you are and what makes you unique will be more compelling than detailing all of your experiences to date.

Whether or not your profile is suitable to get into these programs depends heavily on your GMAT score and what kind of applications you put together (we can help here via our comprehensive services).

If you are seeking guidance throughout the application process, do not hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com. We work with a lot of Indian applicants and send folks to top b-schools across the globe.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

abhiadi4222 wrote:

Extracurricular:
interviewed freshers at tcs n account level...
role at ur company - tester -->business analyst--> developer bfsi platform...
lead for a team of 9 members...
got 3 consecutive top level A band in my appraisal and Got early promotion as well
Hosted annual fest once (was appreciated a lot)and volunteered many times as was fun spoc for my account in my company...
learning and development spoc...
transport spoc...
Runnerup at tcs badminton competition and volunteered the same...
Man of the match at account level final cricket match...also volunteered and was part tym commentator...
was a part of musical skit that we performed when music was not allowed to be played at the fest...
organised friday fun activities and fun other activities on special occasions for own team...
Maitree club in my company who serves in NGOs and organize cultural events...

National cadet corps( NCC ) C certificate holder...
represented college in nodal level badminton tournament...
Worked in NGO called Prayas... and member of Maitree club in my company who serves in NGOs and organize cultural events...
captain of hostel cricket team...
winner in hostel badminton tournament...
represented college at national level sae tricycle event held at LPU and was captain of my team ...
attended workshop at iit roorkee...
member of organising committee on occassion of ganesh chaturthi and durga puja in college...
member of mess committee at my college hostel...

vice captain of my school in class 12 th...
selected for next level at national level aarya vidhya sabha sanskrit exam in class 9th...
represented school in interschool cricket competition in class 11th ...
represented my house in school level badminton competition class 9th...
participated in act plays in annual function at my school

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Indian

GMAT-700 (Q49 , V38)

Academics:
-B Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT(ISM) Dhanbad
-7.7/10 GPA
-Merit Scholarship Holder
-Executive Program in Business Management -IIM Kolkata (1 Year Part Time)

College Leadership:
-Chief Student Coordinator for College Techno Management Event
-Coordinator of Industry Relations for Career Management Office
-Core Team of NGO Fast Forward India (Registered), Improving computer literacy and employability of students

Work Experience:
- 7 years in $18 B Largest Auto Company in India– Operations Manager, Promoted 1x, Project Manager, Accelerated leadership Program ( 1 out of 300 Applicants) , DGM- Strategy

Extra Curriculars:
-Volunteer for India’s largest volunteering organization
- Volunteer for women’s upliftment

Goals:
-Short term: Work in Tech - Product Management or Operations/Business Strategy
-Long Term: Head of Product at Tech company , Head of Strategy

Questions:
I got admitted to Ohio State -Fisher college of business this year , Should I go there or try for a better school
What are my chances of going into a better schools, Will I have to improve my GMAT to do that
Which are the schools which can be in reach for an experience like mine.
What are my chances of getting a scholarship in those schools, How to increase those chances
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
This chat will be active today June 23rd at 10 AM Pacific or 10:30 PM IST. Your questions will be queued and then released at the start of the session. Send in your questions
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32915 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
We will start this chat in around 30 minutes
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
This chat will start at 10 AM Pacific
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I know this is the GMAT club, but I am applying to business school using the GRE and was hoping I could ask a question anyway. I posted this elsewhere but was told it would be helpful to post it on the specific admissions consultant pages. For information I am hoping to apply to schools that have average GRE scores in their class profile of 161/161 to 163/163 (I am applying to Stanford as well but the 165/165 average is really high). I have two GRE scores one is a quant 163 and verbal 164 and the other is quant 162 and verbal 169. I know schools care more about the quant side so the 163 looks better than the 162. But the 169 verbal is a lot higher than 164. So I’m wondering if I should report both scores (that way schools can at least see the 163 and 169 even if they don’t consider them together) or if I should just report one score? If you think I should just report one score, what do you recommend?

Also does my GRE writing score matter? I got a 5 out of 6 on the first GRE (163 quant 164 verbal) but haven’t received my writing score for the newer test (162 quant 169 verbal). If the new test is a 4 or below writing does that matter?

Thank you for all the help. And just so you know even though I took the GRE the GMAT club has been very helpful.

GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Chat Rules
1. Your posts will not show up immediately. We will publish them as they come in.
2. Do not ask your question twice.
3. Posts will be answered in the order that they arrive in.
4. Incomplete question will not be answered
5. You can ask any MBA Admissions related question
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome Everyone! To the live chat
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello all, my name is Nicole Shay, proud member of the Personal MBA Coach Team! I recently left the Columbia Business School MBA admissions committee after 6 wonderful years. Happy to answer your questions and connect with you.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
PersonalMBACoach, Thanks for joining

I will release profile evaluations requests one by one
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  36