It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 04:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Benefit of "drilling" and reviewing problems vs. new questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Benefit of "drilling" and reviewing problems vs. new questions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2017, 09:38
I started out my grad school journey intent on going to Law School, although that's changed, obviously. Based on all that I could find in the LSAT prep forums from top scorers, they recommended "drilling" the Logic Games by timing yourself on actual LSAT questions, and if you didn't get the question right, OR didn't complete the question in time, drilling the same question over and over until you could complete it easily without errors in the allotted time.

This does not seem to be a common strategy for GMAT quant prep, or at least I haven't seen it in any guides. Is it more beneficial to just review and understand why you got a question wrong, and then moving on to new questions vs. drilling the same ones over and over for time?

I've created a log of all the difficult questions I got wrong and put them in a powerpoint so that I can go back and retry each question at a later time. Is it more important for me to exhaust ALL new questions vs redoing old ones?

Thanks for any advice guys, this forum has been invaluable in my prep journey.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28479 [1], given: 5106

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Benefit of "drilling" and reviewing problems vs. new questions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2017, 10:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Good question!

It is a good strategy. I only did it for question types I could not solve fast enough such group questions (both/neither). But all I did was drill one question and learn it by heart so I could reproduce the question and solution on the test and so I could plug in other numbers. After memorizing one question, it was enough for me to handle that question type. I did that for a few more so that I could be more mechanical.

I also memorized some arithmetic numbers such as squares from 1 to 20 and values of 1/8 and 1/6 in decimal format. I have a doc I put together a long time ago but it is still valid. Here is a link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-arithme ... 80128.html

Best Regards
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28479 [1], given: 5106

Benefit of "drilling" and reviewing problems vs. new questions   [#permalink] 13 Sep 2017, 10:19

Benefit of "drilling" and reviewing problems vs. new questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap