GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 10:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

     December 14, 2018

     December 14, 2018

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

     December 14, 2018

     December 14, 2018

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 20:50
Admitted to Rotman! :) :) Is there any whatsapp group guys?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 20:59
hakoonamatata wrote:
Admitted to Rotman! :) :) Is there any whatsapp group guys?

Congratz!! Can u pls share the dates you applied, interviewed, and received the admit? Did u get scholarship?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 21:04
Turnthepage wrote:
hakoonamatata wrote:
Admitted to Rotman! :) :) Is there any whatsapp group guys?

Congratz!! Can u pls share the dates you applied, interviewed, and received the admit? Did u get scholarship?


Thanks.
I applied in Round 1 but my recommendations were not in time. So, the application missed the Round 1 deadline. I was interviewed a couple of weeks back. Got admission offer after two weeks. No scholarship.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2015, 08:54
Received an interview call on 6th Feb, interview on 12th. Please share any interview inputs, all the help will be appreciated. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2014
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2015, 20:16
ashna12 wrote:
Received an interview call on 6th Feb, interview on 12th. Please share any interview inputs, all the help will be appreciated. :)


Mostly standard questions like Why MBA? Why now? Why Rotman? Few questions related to your work experience. If you have something unique in your profile, make sure you speak about that. Also, try to emphasize what you will bring to the class. Interview is very relaxed. Interviewer is really trying to know more about you.

All the best :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2015, 20:55
Admitted to Rotman with a 10000 dollar shcolarship. Applicant from India. Submitted on 1/9 Interviewed on 2/4 and accepted on 2/6 :-D :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2014
Posts: 86
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 06:07
ashna12 wrote:
Received an interview call on 6th Feb, interview on 12th. Please share any interview inputs, all the help will be appreciated. :)


the questions are fairly simple..walk me thru yr resume? one challenging situation you were put in? one situation where you showed leadership? why rotman? why do you think you will be be to get into consulting? how would you define success at rotman? all of these had multiple follow ups...so rather than preparing for a question as they will be different prepare 3-4 stories which you answer for all questions...goes without saying but they better be true or else you will be exposed in the follow-ups and it wont look good!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 06:09
ashna12 wrote:
Received an interview call on 6th Feb, interview on 12th. Please share any interview inputs, all the help will be appreciated. :)


Standard questions...Why MBA? Why Rotman and Why Canada. Have solid answers for these. The rest will be on your profile. Prepare on " Strengths and Weaknesses" , Leadership experiences, " Are you comfortable with networking" etc.

All the best :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 08:23
Till when can we expect R2 interview invites to come out ? i submitted my application on Jan 10 and i am yet to hear from the ad coms. Should i start worrying already ? i know the decision deadline is Feb 27 but is it possible for R2 candidates to be interviewed even after that date ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2014
Posts: 86
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 09:17
pradeepram wrote:
Till when can we expect R2 interview invites to come out ? i submitted my application on Jan 10 and i am yet to hear from the ad coms. Should i start worrying already ? i know the decision deadline is Feb 27 but is it possible for R2 candidates to be interviewed even after that date ?


Most of the r2 applicants have been interviewed either in end of jan or 1st week of feb...if you don't hear anything by the end of this week I would say its a slim chance...honestly Ppl from a computer science or IT background should apply in round 1 coz most applicants from India fall into that category and it's very difficult to stand out and differentiate yourself unless you have something very unique...don't lost hope wait for the adcom to reach out and hope for the best!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 12:33
myleo did you hear back from the adcom after your interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2014
Posts: 86
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 13:57
Turnthepage wrote:
myleo did you hear back from the adcom after your interview?

Posted from my mobile device


No not yet but i had previously indicated to the adcom j would be taking the gmat on 16th since I wanted to improve my schol chances since I only got 670 on my gmat . I was asked to submit my new unofficial score once I have it via email. Honestly speaking regardless of the new score i am fairly optimistic as the adcom encouraged me at the the end of the interview to participate in the problem solving challenge..I don't know what quite to make of it but if I weren't in why would he tell me to participate in it? It's all a lil wishful thinking on my part too I guess and I am making nothing out of a simple statement but let's see. It's just that I have done distribution deals in Middle East,Asia and Asia pacific along with Europe and Africa along with staying in New York for 6 yrs where I worked and finished my bachelors .
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 22:15
myleo wrote:
Turnthepage wrote:
myleo did you hear back from the adcom after your interview?
Posted from my mobile device


No not yet but i had previously indicated to the adcom j would be taking the gmat on 16th since I wanted to improve my schol chances since I only got 670 on my gmat . I was asked to submit my new unofficial score once I have it via email. Honestly speaking regardless of the new score i am fairly optimistic as the adcom encouraged me at the the end of the interview to participate in the problem solving challenge..I don't know what quite to make of it but if I weren't in why would he tell me to participate in it? It's all a lil wishful thinking on my part too I guess and I am making nothing out of a simple statement but let's see. It's just that I have done distribution deals in Middle East,Asia and Asia pacific along with Europe and Africa along with staying in New York for 6 yrs where I worked and finished my bachelors .



myleo, Asking you to participate in the problem solving challenge is definitely a positive indication. I am trying to see if the turn around for candidates after the interview is 2 days as seen in many cases. Btw did you submit an essay for the problem solving challenge?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2014
Posts: 86
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 23:26
Turnthepage wrote:
myleo wrote:
Turnthepage wrote:
myleo did you hear back from the adcom after your interview?
Posted from my mobile device


No not yet but i had previously indicated to the adcom j would be taking the gmat on 16th since I wanted to improve my schol chances since I only got 670 on my gmat . I was asked to submit my new unofficial score once I have it via email. Honestly speaking regardless of the new score i am fairly optimistic as the adcom encouraged me at the the end of the interview to participate in the problem solving challenge..I don't know what quite to make of it but if I weren't in why would he tell me to participate in it? It's all a lil wishful thinking on my part too I guess and I am making nothing out of a simple statement but let's see. It's just that I have done distribution deals in Middle East,Asia and Asia pacific along with Europe and Africa along with staying in New York for 6 yrs where I worked and finished my bachelors .



myleo, Asking you to participate in the problem solving challenge is definitely a positive indication. I am trying to see if the turn around for candidates after the interview is 2 days as seen in many cases. Btw did you submit an essay for the problem solving challenge?

Posted from my mobile device


Well from what I have seen its every Friday that the team meets and decides and a few are released at the decision day on 27th. In my case since i have indicated about retaking the gmat on 16th the decision will be released after that only .
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2013
Posts: 28
Location: United States
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 00:01
myleo wrote:
pradeepram wrote:
Till when can we expect R2 interview invites to come out ? i submitted my application on Jan 10 and i am yet to hear from the ad coms. Should i start worrying already ? i know the decision deadline is Feb 27 but is it possible for R2 candidates to be interviewed even after that date ?


Most of the r2 applicants have been interviewed either in end of jan or 1st week of feb...if you don't hear anything by the end of this week I would say its a slim chance...honestly Ppl from a computer science or IT background should apply in round 1 coz most applicants from India fall into that category and it's very difficult to stand out and differentiate yourself unless you have something very unique...don't lost hope wait for the adcom to reach out and hope for the best!


Hi myleo, thanks for the reply. I had mailed Lynda last week- tuesday to be precise and she mentioned that they have not yet reviewed my file . So I was wondering whether i still have any chance for an interview- even after Feb 27 or should i just give up hope ? Also does participating in the Rotman Problem Solving challenge change anything ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2014
Posts: 86
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 01:39
pradeepram wrote:
myleo wrote:
pradeepram wrote:
Till when can we expect R2 interview invites to come out ? i submitted my application on Jan 10 and i am yet to hear from the ad coms. Should i start worrying already ? i know the decision deadline is Feb 27 but is it possible for R2 candidates to be interviewed even after that date ?


Most of the r2 applicants have been interviewed either in end of jan or 1st week of feb...if you don't hear anything by the end of this week I would say its a slim chance...honestly Ppl from a computer science or IT background should apply in round 1 coz most applicants from India fall into that category and it's very difficult to stand out and differentiate yourself unless you have something very unique...don't lost hope wait for the adcom to reach out and hope for the best!


Hi myleo, thanks for the reply. I had mailed Lynda last week- tuesday to be precise and she mentioned that they have not yet reviewed my file . So I was wondering whether i still have any chance for an interview- even after Feb 27 or should i just give up hope ? Also does participating in the Rotman Problem Solving challenge change anything ?


Well Rotman has a rolling admissions process so certainly a chance you could get interviewed after the deadline but that's not been the case in the past yrs..if your application is missing transcripts or recommendation letters then you do get pushed to the next round and may be interviewed later but otherwise it would be a lil difficult ...also once you get interviewed you have a pretty high chance of getting in coz the yield isn't great for rotman meaning those who get in tend to choose other schools roughly 50% of them coz of easy financing in the usa and coz its a bigger market much bigger! This yr prodigy is giving out loans from 20k to 35k only (some have managed higher amounts) so that is also a big problem for intl students since financing another 100k is very difficult in emerging markets especially with high interest rates! Nearly all top U.S. schools let you finance the entire cost of education which is tuition and living expenses whereas at Rotman that's certainly a negative! The problem solving challenge doesn't help you get in and you have anyways missed the deadline for that but had you submitted and then got interviewed it would be something to talk about in yr interview! The point I was making was the adcom told me to apply to that during the interview which would mean I was in otherwise why would he encourage me? You only get the scholarship money if you are admitted!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2014
Posts: 86
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 02:01
some ppl sent me a pm asking me which country i should go, etc. i have presented my views and there are solely my views but i have lived in nyc for 6 yrs so i know a bit...but do your own research always.

also i would say talking to current students i have got certain things which would be helpful
pros
1) canada is a sure shot from an immigration point of view! you get yr pr in 4.5 yrs once you step there as opposed to us where it will take you ages and i mean that! files from 2003 havent been processed so i would say from the moment you enter us you are looking at a 15 yr proposition and at times that becomes frustrating and i am speaking from personal experience!
2) rotman is essentially the harvard of canada! compared to us where banks and consulting firms hire from a number of schools in canada its only 3-5 schools and rotman is at the top of that list!
3) canada is a much better place to live in and much cleaner and safer! toronto is 10 times better than nyc as a place to live! think about it canada is slightly bigger than usa and the population is 10% of the population in usa!

cons-
1) financing financing financing- prodigy is known for saying they finance an x amount and then giving out 20-30% of x citing limited availability of funds compared to us where you will have very easy financing for entire cost of education at a much lower rate.
2) very very small job market- due to low population the consulting and banking jobs are limited...private equity and venture capital are non-existent compared to us...only onex -private equity firm is a decent size firm if you measure it according to global standards. also i have been told that canadian businesses prefer canadians who understand the market and who have worked there for front office positions! its nearly impossible to get into banking or consulting if you have an IT background whereas in US its much easier.
3) canadian salaries are lower compared to usa and the cost of living is about the same in toronto and new york.

so at the end you have to decide ...us is a risk which will pay you handsomely if you get into goldman IB or mckinsey but if you dont there is a good chance you will have to come back...i have friends who had masters and were doing data analyst jobs getting paid 50-60k and always afraid of losing their jobs since no green card. most of them came back. are u prepared for that?
canada is a safer bet where you will get yr pr and can work unrestricted...once you have yr pr you could also move to usa quite easily...some of my friends did their bachelors from canadian unis and then got pr worked there for a bit to fulfill the residency requirements and then did their masters in usa and are now settled there...it takes 1 yr to get yr green card in us if you have a canadian passport as opposed to an indian or chinese one which will take you fifteen yrs..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 10:19
Hi guys,

I got interviewed today and also got the result that I am waitlisted for the program.
Anything that I could do further

Regards
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2014
Posts: 86
Schools: Queens'17 (M)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 12:36
saksha302 wrote:
Hi guys,

I got interviewed today and also got the result that I am waitlisted for the program.
Anything that I could do further

Regards


things like retaking the gmat and scoring higher have helped. also being in communication with the adcom members has helped. honestly if you are waitlisted you have a more than 50% chance of getting in but understand that regardless of what you do no scholarship money! best of luck...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 12:41
myleo wrote:
saksha302 wrote:
Hi guys,

I got interviewed today and also got the result that I am waitlisted for the program.
Anything that I could do further

Regards


things like retaking the gmat and scoring higher have helped. also being in communication with the adcom members has helped. honestly if you are waitlisted you have a more than 50% chance of getting in but understand that regardless of what you do no scholarship money! best of luck...


Hey Leo,

Thanks for the input.
Just a few followup questions on the 50% statistic that you have stated above.
Is this number very specefic to Rotman?
Is it still true for an applicant who has been waitlisted in Round 2?
Any idea on roughly how many ppl get waitlisted and finally accepted in Rotman?

Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 11 Feb 2015, 12:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  19    Next  [ 363 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.