GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 11:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Babson College Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.45
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Babson College Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 12:44
basavaprabhu wrote:
has anyone got an admit/reject/waitlist decision? any idea when will they be released? website says Dec18th. any thoughts?

Yup, 18th December at 12 AM EST they're going to be out, which happens to be today! I can barely sleep :?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
WE: General Management (Retail)
Calling all Babson College Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 14:01
Hello friends, I am delighted to announce that I have received admit mail from Babson. They will send me admission package tomorrow which will contain information about scholarship.

If any of you guys need any help on admission process feel free to contact.
To all the admitted students, please PM me we can start a watsapp group.

All the best fellas

Regards
Kushal Bansal
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.45
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Babson College Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 19:19
kushalkerry wrote:
Hello friends, I am delighted to announce that I have received admit mail from Babson. They will send me admission package tomorrow which will contain information about scholarship.

All the best fellas

Regards
Kushal Bansal

Congratulations! I got in too! Woke up to this amazing news! :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 23:03
anishashastri wrote:
kushalkerry wrote:

All the best fellas

Regards
Kushal Bansal

Great news! congratulations. Feels like Xmas has arrived early.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Reviews Badge
Calling all Babson College Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 23:19
Congratulations basavaprabhu :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Babson '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 23:37
Hi, congratulations to everybody!! the results are out and there is also as I understand something about financial aid not so much for me but at least something. Lets make a whatsapp group. Lets speak in private message and share our numbers and lets hope more good news regarding scholarships.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 06:25
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know if anyone received $$$. was this notified in the babson bridge or via the email that was sent out?
Let me know! thanks.

Feel free to PM me if you want!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 06:43
basavaprabhu wrote:
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know if anyone received $$$. was this notified in the babson bridge or via the email that was sent out?
Let me know! thanks.

Feel free to PM me if you want!

Check out the bridge. The amount is mentioned their.
BSchool Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 09:40
Waitlisted
Hate this !
BSchool Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 09:41
Waitlisted
Hate this !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 09:44
yadneo wrote:
Waitlisted
Hate this !

A score of 730 and waitlisted. This is shocking.

Don't wry u will get into thru.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 04:06
Admitted, with scholarship!!!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2015, 03:57
kushalkerry wrote:
anishashastri wrote:
kushalkerry wrote:

All the best fellas

Regards
Kushal Bansal

Great news! congratulations. Feels like Xmas has arrived early.

Hey Guys,

I got in too with scholarship :) Please add me also into the whatsapp group. Is anyone going for welcome day on Jan 22nd?

Regards,
Sivan Santhosh
Intern
Intern
Meet Babson Black MBA: Striving towards diversity in the new year  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 15:00
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: Meet Babson Black MBA: Striving towards diversity in the new year

Hi, my name is Flora Ekpe-Idang – that’s me in the yellow scarf! I am a First-Year MBA student as well as the VP of Events and Outreach for the Babson Black MBA Association. Originally, I am from New Jersey, but for the past eight years I lived in Los Angeles where I majored in Advertising and Marketing at Pepperdine University then worked in several advertising agencies doing account management for clients ranging in the healthcare, government, consumer product, entertainment, and financial services industries. I manage the social and cultural events for our club as well as help foster relationships and partnerships with organizations within and outside of Babson that share a similar mission. I came to Babson to enhance my entrepreneurial skills as I’m working towards building my own venture, gain access to great resources, and encourage more discussions and action on diversity and inclusion. If there are any questions, I’m excited to talk with prospective students about the MBA program, life at Babson, our club, and other inquiring questions.

Near the end of 2015, there was a lot of attention surrounding the protests and strikes which occurred at the University of Missouri and the failure of its president to address the racism and discrimination that many of the students received. Students from all over the campus tried numerous times to get the university’s president to acknowledge these problems, but it was not until a graduate student went on a hunger strike along with the school’s football team boycotting future games, that the school took action and the president resigned. You must also know that it was when the school realized that the boycott could cost them more than $1 million that the topic of discrimination was eventually made a top priority.

For many people of color, the topic of racism has been in their back pocket for a long time and in the past two years with an increased coverage of the issues of police brutality and discrimination in the media, college campuses are taking their role in this fight for equality. University of Missouri ignited a flame in Black college students which helped bring together educators and advocates to protest and demand that more attention be given to the problem of diversity and inclusion. With trending hashtags such as #BlackOnCampus and #InSolidarityWithMizzou, Black students expressed angst over their college experiences when they felt a lack of security when racial incidents occurred, the lack of Black faculty and diversity in curriculum, and administrations lack of care.

With the realization of similarities in mishaps, this opportunity allowed students of color to unite nationwide. As a result, the #StudentBlackOut took place on November 18, 2015 in which more than 23 colleges ranging from Yale, Berkeley, Boston College, and Babson participated in protests, sit-ins, walk-ins, and walk-outs that challenged white-supremacy and racial inequality on campus. Furthermore, many of the schools developed a list of demands that were presented to their school deans and presidents in order to increase better diversity and inclusion on campus and have administration be held accountable when actions weren’t taken place.

Many more protests have occurred since then and some student demands have been met, but ultimately campuses are beginning to take notice that the conversation of race needs to be a priority and that this topic can no longer be ignored. We are in a time where faculty and staff, as well as students, can take this opportunity to collaborate on ideas in order to create a safe for people of color…not just saying that our school is diverse, but instead being about diversity.

This post is part two of a series from Babson Black MBA’s leadership team. Check out the first post here. And keep up with BBMBA on their Facebook page.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2016, 20:36
Any interview invites for Round 2?
Intern
Intern
Don’t Be a Stranger  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 16:00
FROM Babson Admissions Blog: Don’t Be a Stranger

So you are considering getting your MBA. You’ve registered on MBA.com. Or not. You may have your GMAT scheduled. Or not. You may even have a list of schools you are considering. What do you do next?

One of the things I very distinctly remember from the time I was an MBA candidate, was that I wanted to do my own research and not start speaking with the admissions office too soon. Why? Two main reasons. First, there are SO many ways these days to research anything online – shoes, cars, vacations, graduate business degrees and the schools that offer them. Google gets over 100 BILLION searches per month! Second, I didn’t want to engage before I had pulled it together and was ready “to be evaluated”. But there may be a reason or two – or five, as is the case in this blog post – why you should consider an admissions representative as one of your greatest resources:

• While there are many benefits to doing your own research, our graduate admissions team is committed to complementing that research. By learning more about your background and goals, we can help you think of the type of MBA program and school culture that would be best for you.
    • Even more importantly, the Graduate Admissions team at Babson can help you figure out how to be a stronger candidate. The goal of admissions is not gatekeeping. We want to know who you are, what inspires you, what you aspire to. And then we can talk about ways to help you get there.
    • When you join our admissions experience, we can offer access to unique events like our famous Entrepreneurship or Healthcare Forums that draw hundreds of business leaders from all over the world.
    • We can connect you with an alumnus in an industry or function you hope to work in to help you get a real taste of Babson and what a Babson MBA or Master’s degree could do for you.
    • Yes, raising your hand means you will start receiving email from us. Indeed, emails are a way that we share info, and we take pride in the type of content and the frequency that emails are sent. And we give you tools to manage what types of emails you prefer to receive and how often.
So consider raising your hand – or in Babson’s case, sign up for the Babson Bridge  so my team can learn more about you and help you live your goals. We hope to hear from you soon. And you can always email me directly at pwhitmore1@babson.edu – I love speaking with candidates and hearing their stories.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Schools: Babson '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 22:40
Hello, I have been admitted into Babson MBA program class of 2018.

Super excited to join!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 08:22
My interview is on 23 jan , what kind of questions interviewer will ask ?
will it be conducted by second year student or someone from admission committee?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 08:36
Well, the interview is pretty straight forward.
You can expect questions around these topics -
Why MBA?
Why Babson, why now?
Couple of questions around leadership and your role in teams?

Some behavioral questions around - strengths, weakness, description in 1 word, etc!

Hope this helps.. PM me if you have any specific questions.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Account Management (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 18:48
Hey Guys,

So I just received a mail from Babson regarding being selected for an interview over Skype. This will be my first interview, any tips or help would be appreciated. Kinda nervous!

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Babson College Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2016, 18:48

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 94 posts ] 

Calling all Babson College Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

post reply Update application status