GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Apr 2020, 03:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 09:43
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Lostauj wrote:
I’ve been told it is just one part of the application. It turns more critical for borderline applicants though (silver work experience, low GMAt/GPA, etc)

Posted from my mobile device


Oh boy. I think for an Indian applicant, my 710 would be considered borderline for Booth.



Why do you think it didn’t go well? Maybe send a thank you email and gauge response. At the same time, there’s nothing you can do now. I would just let it be. I’m sure you will get in!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 49
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 09:58
Lostauj wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Lostauj wrote:
I’ve been told it is just one part of the application. It turns more critical for borderline applicants though (silver work experience, low GMAt/GPA, etc)

Posted from my mobile device


Oh boy. I think for an Indian applicant, my 710 would be considered borderline for Booth.



Why do you think it didn’t go well? Maybe send a thank you email and gauge response. At the same time, there’s nothing you can do now. I would just let it be. I’m sure you will get in!!!


I don't think my answers were very structured or concise. I feel like I was all over the place during my interview and didn't really make an impact. But yeah you are right. No point stressing over it. Might as well just wait. Thanks for your supportive words!
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 17:34
Did you interview on or off campus?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 17:39
On-campus. FatM when are we going to see your interview debrief? Also is it a positive sign if interviewer responds to your thank you email??? Mine didnt :(
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 17:43
1
Don’t think it matters much either way. I mean they could respond to you and act like it went well and just score you low on Booth’s grading criteria submission. So I don’t think it matters much.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 17:50
Do you have any insights on the “grading scale”? Is it just recommend/not recommend, or are there levels or recommendation?
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 17:52
I’m not actually sure. Any current or alum able to answer? I would assume there’s some sort of grading scale they use, but I’m not certain.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2019
Posts: 3
Location: Hong Kong
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 18:21
As far i understand there are 4 this they report you on. Interpersonal skills, interest at booth, clarity of goals and one more. So their input i believe is subjective. Perhaps some marking happens on each of these areas that adds up to the total score

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 49
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 06:01
fatmike wrote:
Did you interview on or off campus?

Posted from my mobile device


Off-campus in Mumbai.
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 06:58
starrvish wrote:
As far i understand there are 4 this they report you on. Interpersonal skills, interest at booth, clarity of goals and one more. So their input i believe is subjective. Perhaps some marking happens on each of these areas that adds up to the total score

Posted from my mobile device


That makes sense. I’d assume the interview is just another way for them to assess you, like the additional essays. I don’t think it’s as make or break as people assume because it’s not done by a direct member of adcom and since there are so many variables between locations and alum.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 07:10
fatmike wrote:
starrvish wrote:
As far i understand there are 4 this they report you on. Interpersonal skills, interest at booth, clarity of goals and one more. So their input i believe is subjective. Perhaps some marking happens on each of these areas that adds up to the total score

Posted from my mobile device


That makes sense. I’d assume the interview is just another way for them to assess you, like the additional essays. I don’t think it’s as make or break as people assume because it’s not done by a direct member of adcom and since there are so many variables between locations and alum.



Im not sure that’s true. I’m part of MLT and what I gathered from adcoms is that Booth is one of the few schools that is completely “student driven”, so their interview insight is very important for admissions. Hence why you get people with 760-770’s get rejected all the time
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 07:54
Lostauj wrote:
fatmike wrote:
starrvish wrote:
As far i understand there are 4 this they report you on. Interpersonal skills, interest at booth, clarity of goals and one more. So their input i believe is subjective. Perhaps some marking happens on each of these areas that adds up to the total score

Posted from my mobile device


That makes sense. I’d assume the interview is just another way for them to assess you, like the additional essays. I don’t think it’s as make or break as people assume because it’s not done by a direct member of adcom and since there are so many variables between locations and alum.



Im not sure that’s true. I’m part of MLT and what I gathered from adcoms is that Booth is one of the few schools that is completely “student driven”, so their interview insight is very important for admissions. Hence why you get people with 760-770’s get rejected all the time


So you think the interview is as make or break and as heavily weighted as HBS or Stanford?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Oct 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 08:21
No clue... Didn’t talk to Adcom members of those schools

Posted from my mobile device
Denied
18 Oct, 2019
15 Nov 2019, 14:42
Private, GMAT: 770, Q49, V47; GPA: 3.33; WE: 66 months; United States, NY; via Portal_update
Had to refresh my portal in order to get a decision. Unbelievably rude that they couldn't be bothered to send an email. [#permalink]
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 19:36
I wouldn’t be bothered by it, they didn’t send invites to applicants either.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2018
Posts: 35
Location: Viet Nam
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 18:33
so on Dec 4, everybody will get calls either dinged or admitted?
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 18:35
kimbui12 wrote:
so on Dec 4, everybody will get calls either dinged or admitted?


On Dec 4, admitted applicants will get a call notifying them they got in. For everyone else, waitlisted or denied, they’ll get a portal update on Dec 5.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2018
Posts: 35
Location: Viet Nam
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 19:06
2
Just shared my interview experience, hopefully it can be of help
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2019
Posts: 19
Location: Brazil
Schools: CBS '22 (WA)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 06:51
hi guys, question for you

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and I just visited the school this week. I made the trip from Brazil, which is a very long way and expensive....I wish I could gave done earlier in the year, but my vacation schedule didn't allowed...

Anyway, I visited the school and I loved it. It was a great experience and now i'm even more sure that booth is my first option...students were real nice, the building is amazing, the culture of school (data driven + pay it forward) really connects with me

Do you think it is a good idea to share with the admissions office this trip? just send an email for them telling that I visited the school and how the experience was + reinforcing that Booth is my first option

It's kind of an update because I came to school and took actions...but at the same time I dont want to look anxious.

Is it a matter of tone?

please share any thoughts

Tks!
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 237
Schools: Booth '22 (WA)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 06:59
For all round 1 invites, we just hit the two week mark until admissions calls!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2019, 06:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  25    Next  [ 497 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ambera33, carbazzy, fatmike






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne