GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 00:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q51 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.59
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 09:21
fatmike wrote:
JYP wrote:
I've just submitted my short answer questions, but what I still see is the red "X" mark on the screen....
But I can check the message saying "Submitted: 11/01/2019", hen I click the details link of short answer questions....

I don't know what's wrong with my submission, making me nervous and anxious a lot.

Give the server some time to update. As long as you see your short answers on the next screen and it says it was submitted, you’re fine.

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you so much, now I can finally go to sleep!!

I appreciate your kind explanation, sincerely :)
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 11:40
Short answers in, Interview done, now its just a waiting game. Man am I exhausted, got stuck in Chicago a bit due to the snow but at least it was an authentic trip
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 12:34
wraider84 wrote:
Short answers in, Interview done, now its just a waiting game. Man am I exhausted, got stuck in Chicago a bit due to the snow but at least it was an authentic trip

How did it go? Any takeaways?

Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 19:31
ricyan11

I personally found that Booth students are more deeply curious about...everything, whether that's good or bad. As a former engineer, I get into more interesting discussions and talks about a wide variety topics with Boothies than I did at Kellogg. That being said, Kellogg students were some of the nicest people I've met and they are all very welcoming. I never felt left out when I was attending the orientation event at Kellogg, but I just had an easier time talking with Boothies on First Day and felt like I can relate to them more.

fatmike

Booth has classes in 3 hour blocks. In the morning, classes are from 8:30-11:30. I usually wake up at around 7-7:15, grab a quick bite, and Uber out with classmate at about 7:55-8:00. I'm taking 3 classes this quarter because I'm also recruiting at the same time. How many classes you take depends on when you're recruiting in your first year. Beyond that, it's just a combination of what classes/professors are available and what you're looking for.
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 07:50
fatmike wrote:
wraider84 wrote:

How did it go? Any takeaways?

I thought it went well, I want to post a full debrief when I have a chance too. I had a lot in common with my interviewer, but he was former military (I am not) so his questions were tough at times! Not in a "gotcha" kind of way, he just asked a lot of good questions and some that I had never seen of and had to really think on the fly. He was very nice and I think I surprised him with some of the specific Booth knowledge I had, but it was definitely tough. He is like the exact person I would want conducting an interview, I definitely can see why former military have a substantial presence at top business schools. Overall very impressed with the people I met and the building, I hadnt been to campus yet so this was a good opportunity for me. Now just waiting and focusing on what other schools I have left, good luck to anyone with an interview still to come!
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 12:11
For everyone who has completed the interview, the wait begins! Admitted applicants should expect a call the day prior to the decision date. From previous info, looks like calls will begin this year on Dec 4 at 1000 EST!

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 16:29
Can any current or former students confirm Booth calls all admits the day before decisions go out?

When did you receive your call and how did it go? What happens if you miss it, do they leave a message?

Intern
Intern
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 22:26
They call the day before at least for last year, although I can verify that very quickly next week if you want to make sure it's the same this year.

If you miss the call, I believe they leave a message and/or send you an email (I've heard differently from different people). I personally missed my call last year because I was in a work meeting. They left a message saying they're from admissions and wanted to talk, and I gave them a call back and had a brief chat with them.
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2019, 00:20
gunster wrote:
They call the day before at least for last year, although I can verify that very quickly next week if you want to make sure it's the same this year.

If you miss the call, I believe they leave a message and/or send you an email (I've heard differently from different people). I personally missed my call last year because I was in a work meeting. They left a message saying they're from admissions and wanted to talk, and I gave them a call back and had a brief chat with them.

If you’re able to confirm, please do! Let us know if we should for sure hope for a call that day.

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2019, 08:32
We don’t yet have a FT interview debrief posted for this year. If you interviewed in round 1, please post your experience in the interview debrief section!

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.51

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 14:57
fatmike wrote:
We don’t yet have a FT interview debrief posted for this year. If you interviewed in round 1, please post your experience in the interview debrief section!

I would but it's a catch 22...because no one else has posted theirs, I assume there must be something wrong/risky with posting mine.
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:02
wabo22 wrote:
fatmike wrote:

I would but it's a catch 22...because no one else has posted theirs, I assume there must be something wrong/risky with posting mine.

Thanks for taking the time to post that you wouldn’t post. Glad you’re displaying that pay it forward mentality. Good luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:13
fatmike wrote:
wabo22 wrote:
fatmike wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to post that you wouldn’t post. Glad you’re displaying that pay it forward mentality. Good luck with your application!

That wasn't the reaction I was expecting so I apologize if you felt my response was not appropriate. I was merely pointing out my surprise that out of the 800-1000 other people who have interviewed, no one's even commented on the lack of reports to now.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:15
I dont think 1k people have interviewed. I would say its probably around 600

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:16
And they’ll probably take 300ish

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:18
Lostauj wrote:
And they’ll probably take 300ish

Just going off past few years but they've averaged 1,000 admits per year. Figure then there are ~2,000 interviewing and half of those are in R1, with almost all R1 interviews complete at this point.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:34
I had my interview W/ the class visit about 1.5 weeks ago. The ethnicity split was probably 60% asian, 30% white. And 10% minorities. Did you guys also had a similar split? If so, Im a little fudged... LOL

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:37
Lostauj are you saying ethnicity of the class or the candidates interviewing?

If the latter, mine was 80% white, 10-15% Asian, 5% other minorities (ostensibly).
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:39
Candidates interviewing. It was only a group of 20-30 people, so not a big enough sample size..

Intern
Intern
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 00:48
Lostauj wrote:
I had my interview W/ the class visit about 1.5 weeks ago. The ethnicity split was probably 60% asian, 30% white. And 10% minorities. Did you guys also had a similar split? If so, Im a little fudged... LOL

You're over-reading it haha. I've been doing interview greetings on campus for a few days and it's not that mix. I can't say too much, but I wouldn't worry too much about it based on some things I've heard.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2019, 00:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  19    Next  [ 368 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carbazzy, fatmike, ambera33