Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q51 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.59
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
ricyan11

I personally found that Booth students are more deeply curious about...everything, whether that's good or bad. As a former engineer, I get into more interesting discussions and talks about a wide variety topics with Boothies than I did at Kellogg. That being said, Kellogg students were some of the nicest people I've met and they are all very welcoming. I never felt left out when I was attending the orientation event at Kellogg, but I just had an easier time talking with Boothies on First Day and felt like I can relate to them more.

fatmike

Booth has classes in 3 hour blocks. In the morning, classes are from 8:30-11:30. I usually wake up at around 7-7:15, grab a quick bite, and Uber out with classmate at about 7:55-8:00. I'm taking 3 classes this quarter because I'm also recruiting at the same time. How many classes you take depends on when you're recruiting in your first year. Beyond that, it's just a combination of what classes/professors are available and what you're looking for.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
fatmike wrote:
wraider84 wrote:
Short answers in, Interview done, now its just a waiting game. Man am I exhausted, got stuck in Chicago a bit due to the snow but at least it was an authentic trip

How did it go? Any takeaways?

Posted from my mobile device

I thought it went well, I want to post a full debrief when I have a chance too. I had a lot in common with my interviewer, but he was former military (I am not) so his questions were tough at times! Not in a "gotcha" kind of way, he just asked a lot of good questions and some that I had never seen of and had to really think on the fly. He was very nice and I think I surprised him with some of the specific Booth knowledge I had, but it was definitely tough. He is like the exact person I would want conducting an interview, I definitely can see why former military have a substantial presence at top business schools. Overall very impressed with the people I met and the building, I hadnt been to campus yet so this was a good opportunity for me. Now just waiting and focusing on what other schools I have left, good luck to anyone with an interview still to come!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For everyone who has completed the interview, the wait begins! Admitted applicants should expect a call the day prior to the decision date. From previous info, looks like calls will begin this year on Dec 4 at 1000 EST!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Kudos
They call the day before at least for last year, although I can verify that very quickly next week if you want to make sure it's the same this year.

If you miss the call, I believe they leave a message and/or send you an email (I've heard differently from different people). I personally missed my call last year because I was in a work meeting. They left a message saying they're from admissions and wanted to talk, and I gave them a call back and had a brief chat with them.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gunster wrote:
They call the day before at least for last year, although I can verify that very quickly next week if you want to make sure it's the same this year.

If you miss the call, I believe they leave a message and/or send you an email (I've heard differently from different people). I personally missed my call last year because I was in a work meeting. They left a message saying they're from admissions and wanted to talk, and I gave them a call back and had a brief chat with them.

If you’re able to confirm, please do! Let us know if we should for sure hope for a call that day.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
We don’t yet have a FT interview debrief posted for this year. If you interviewed in round 1, please post your experience in the interview debrief section!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I had my interview W/ the class visit about 1.5 weeks ago. The ethnicity split was probably 60% asian, 30% white. And 10% minorities. Did you guys also had a similar split? If so, Im a little fudged... LOL

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Lostauj are you saying ethnicity of the class or the candidates interviewing?

If the latter, mine was 80% white, 10-15% Asian, 5% other minorities (ostensibly).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM