GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 22:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 08:17
Yeah, I agree with your interpretation wraider84. I was referring to the part of the instructions that says:
Quote:
To gain a better sense of who you are and how you think, we’re looking for brief responses to informal (and hopefully fun) questions.

That said, I think it's definitely a good idea to highlight your other strengths through different stories/examples than those in other areas of your application while maintaining a consistent tone.

Thanks for the insight and best of luck with the interview/short answers![/quote]

Ah ok yes I was just looking in the actual area with the questions, your quote is from the interview invite which is helpful. Best of luck to you as well
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Duke '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 12:03
fatmike wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi everyone! I can't figure out if it has been discussed already, but how is Booth's acceptance rate post interview? I'm on what would typically be considered the lower side of the ideal GMAT for an Indian applicant, so wondering if I should get my hopes up.

Posted from my mobile device

It’s about 50/50. Quick math is Booth gets roughly 4500 total applicants. Of those they interview about 40%, that’s 1800. Of those 1800, roughly 900 get accepted. Booth’s acceptance is a little over 20%, but you get the point.

Isn't the size of Booth's class roughly 600, translating into about 1 in 3 interviewees getting accepted?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.51

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 12:05
ricyan11 wrote:
fatmike wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi everyone! I can't figure out if it has been discussed already, but how is Booth's acceptance rate post interview? I'm on what would typically be considered the lower side of the ideal GMAT for an Indian applicant, so wondering if I should get my hopes up.

It’s about 50/50. Quick math is Booth gets roughly 4500 total applicants. Of those they interview about 40%, that’s 1800. Of those 1800, roughly 900 get accepted. Booth’s acceptance is a little over 20%, but you get the point.

Isn't the size of Booth's class roughly 600, translating into about 1 in 3 interviewees getting accepted?

One word for you: yield.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 12:06
Yep. Admit does not equal enrolled. Latest I can see, 983 admitted and 591 enrolled based on US News reporting.

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 18:47
Anyone out there still waiting to be matched with an alum for an off campus interview? Also, for those already matched, have far are you traveling?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.79

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 05:43
fatmike wrote:
Anyone out there still waiting to be matched with an alum for an off campus interview? Also, for those already matched, have far are you traveling?

fatmike I received my interviewer assignment last Friday (almost exactly 72 hours after I received my invite), so I'd imagine if you received your invite on Friday, you should be getting something today.

Fortunately I don't have to travel for my interview since my alum is local.
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 06:28
coltaylo94 wrote:
fatmike wrote:

fatmike I received my interviewer assignment last Friday (almost exactly 72 hours after I received my invite), so I'd imagine if you received your invite on Friday, you should be getting something today.

Fortunately I don't have to travel for my interview since my alum is local.

Thank you for the good information! For those of you who have completed your interview, please take the time to write up an interview debrief.

Admissions decisions come out December 5, however, all admitted students should receive a phone call the day prior, on December 4.
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 21:38
Congratulations on the admit! (Evening/Weekend MBA)

ambera33 wrote:
Experience: Don't get hyper reading the debrief below. The overall interview was very conversational and I didn't even realize when 50 mins past by. Just make sure to know your story well (resume specifically) and you should sail through easily.

Booth Interview by a current Student

⁃ Tell me something which is not there on the resume
⁃ Walk me through your professional experience
⁃ Why do you want to do an MBA now and why not two-three years down the line
⁃ ST and LT goal
⁃ Questions on leading a team
-> how do you manage leading a big team of {#} people
-> how do you make the offshore employees keep motivated considering the cultural and time difference
⁃ Ever had a difference of opinion with the team members and how did you handle it ?
⁃ Favorite means of communication at work
⁃ How will you contribute to the class
⁃ One of the volunteering efforts I had mentioned in my resume was something atypical. She had put a star mark on it and asked me to detail that. This opened up as a good story conversation
⁃ How do I plan to commute to Chicago and if my family is okay with doing this (getting away every weekend)
⁃ Weaknesses that I want to cover while at Booth
⁃ Open questions for her (I had only prepared one question and other one I made up while waiting for the interview)
Takeaway - should have prepared a little more questions for her
⁃ In the last I asked about a famous Professor Raghu Rajan and that I’m looking forward for his class as he had been the Governor Of Reserve Bank of India. The interviewer liked this info and added this to her sheet that I wanted to attend this particular class. I think it was a good stint and kind of covered my lack of questions for her.

The interviewer was making notes for every answer I was giving. I couldn’t read the gibberish but I guess it was the key points like my ST goals, volunteering efforts, Professors I’m interested in etc.
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 21:49
For those of you applying in round 2 and 3, there's going to be a webminar about applying to Booth tomorrow, Thursday, October 24 at 10am PT/1pm ET and at 5pm PT/8PM ET. You can register through a link on gmatclub or on accepted.
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
B
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 22:40
fatmike wrote:
Congratulations on the admit! (Evening/Weekend MBA)

ambera33 wrote:
Experience: Don't get hyper reading the debrief below. The overall interview was very conversational and I didn't even realize when 50 mins past by. Just make sure to know your story well (resume specifically) and you should sail through easily. Thank you so much !

Booth Interview by a current Student

⁃ Tell me something which is not there on the resume
⁃ Walk me through your professional experience
⁃ Why do you want to do an MBA now and why not two-three years down the line
⁃ ST and LT goal
⁃ Questions on leading a team
-> how do you manage leading a big team of {#} people
-> how do you make the offshore employees keep motivated considering the cultural and time difference
⁃ Ever had a difference of opinion with the team members and how did you handle it ?
⁃ Favorite means of communication at work
⁃ How will you contribute to the class
⁃ One of the volunteering efforts I had mentioned in my resume was something atypical. She had put a star mark on it and asked me to detail that. This opened up as a good story conversation
⁃ How do I plan to commute to Chicago and if my family is okay with doing this (getting away every weekend)
⁃ Weaknesses that I want to cover while at Booth
⁃ Open questions for her (I had only prepared one question and other one I made up while waiting for the interview)
Takeaway - should have prepared a little more questions for her
⁃ In the last I asked about a famous Professor Raghu Rajan and that I’m looking forward for his class as he had been the Governor Of Reserve Bank of India. The interviewer liked this info and added this to her sheet that I wanted to attend this particular class. I think it was a good stint and kind of covered my lack of questions for her.

The interviewer was making notes for every answer I was giving. I couldn’t read the gibberish but I guess it was the key points like my ST goals, volunteering efforts, Professors I’m interested in etc.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 02:25
fatmike wrote:

Still waiting. Are any others waiting too?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.23

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 04:15
Still waiting. Wondering if any other Indians got matched with an alum yet.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 04:20
sls92 wrote:
Still waiting. Wondering if any other Indians got matched with an alum yet.

I got matched just yesterday. So I guess the process has started.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 04:23
Still waiting. Wrote them an email because website mentioned 72 hours

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 05:40
kalraswati wrote:
fatmike wrote:

Give it a full 72 hours, 3 business days. So you should be getting something today. Also, since we all know Booth’s email system is spectacular, if you’ve been matched and the email didn’t go out, check the portal. If you click the interview tab, once you’ve been matched your interviewer’s name will show up there.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 06:00
fatmike wrote:
kalraswati wrote:
fatmike wrote:

Give it a full 72 hours, 3 business days. So you should be getting something today. Also, since we all know Booth’s email system is spectacular, if you’ve been matched and the email didn’t go out, check the portal. If you click the interview tab, once you’ve been matched your interviewer’s name will show up there.

Nope, nothing there either. Going to be patient then- I guess finding interviewers in East Africa is not going to be an easy task.
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 06:02
You’ve still got some time. Did you submit your additional essays yet?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2019, 20:23
Is anyone else also waiting to be matched with alumni in the off-campus interview process?
I received my invite last Friday but haven't been matched yet.
Has anyone gotten in touch with the Admissions Office to expedite the process?
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2019, 20:27
ThusSpokeZ wrote:
Is anyone else also waiting to be matched with alumni in the off-campus interview process?

Might be time to reach out to them. You should’ve been matched within 3 business days of submitting your off campus request. If you log into your account and click on interview, does it have the interviewer’s name there?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2019, 20:29
fatmike wrote:
ThusSpokeZ wrote:

Might be time to reach out to them. You should’ve been matched within 3 business days of submitting your off campus request. If you log into your account and click on interview, does it have the interviewer’s name there?

No nothing there either.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2019, 20:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  19    Next  [ 368 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carbazzy, fatmike, ambera33