GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 01:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Booth Moderator
S
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 09:00
bb wrote:
I don’t think an aggregation of unreliable rankings makes it any more reliable but.... what do I know? :-)

I think Booth has been doing well but it is likely still no HBS in Europe or Asia where nobody has heard about either Booth or U of Chicago.

PS. Please don’t kill me....

Posted from my mobile device

Haha, that’s why I would argue it makes unreliable, more reliable! Taking several rankings, that have different criteria, and combining them into one.

If you’re going with solely brand strength overseas, it’s hard to beat “Harvard” and “MIT”, but MIT hasn’t topped a reliable or unreliable ranking before.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 09:05
Global brand makes schools such as Yale and Sloan (MIT) receive much more applications than other similarly ranked schools with similar class size.... and I don’t blame the applicants.

Of course the argument is that if you are applying for an MBA job, your hiring manager will definitely know of Booth in Asia or in Europe but family, friends, and some co-workers may not recognize it and would value Yale over Booth, Kellogg, Ross or Fuqua.

A Friend who went to Stanford for her undergrad, told me a funny story about her Canadian family feeling bad for her that she was not going to the U of BC. They suggested she go for a year and then try to transfer. She happily graduated from Stanford ;-)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 09:09
bb wrote:
Global brand makes schools such as Yale and Sloan (MIT) receive much more applications than other similarly ranked schools with similar class size.... and I don’t blame the applicants.

Of course the argument is that if you are applying for an MBA job, your hiring manager will definitely know of Booth in Asia or in Europe but family, friends, and some co-workers may not recognize it and would value Yale over Booth, Kellogg, Ross or Fuqua.

A Friend who went to Stanford for her undergrad, told me a funny story about her Canadian family feeling bad for her that she was not going to the U of BC. They suggested she go for a year and then try to transfer. She happily graduated from Stanford ;-)

Good points! What’s Stanford? She should have gone to U of BC... lol.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 10:51
Funny enough they just made a pretty meaningful correction to the faulty average of rankings. How do you make a mistake while averaging? Oh boy.

PS. I tend to trust USNews methodology more than others...

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 11:42
bb wrote:
Funny enough they just made a pretty meaningful correction to the faulty average of rankings. How do you make a mistake while averaging? Oh boy.

PS. I tend to trust USNews methodology more than others...

I can’t trust something that makes multiple schools tie every year! Nothing is ever a tie, especially in something like this... maybe a small margin, but not a tie. Three way tie last year?! Laughable.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 11:48
Ha ha. I don’t know if I am so opposed to ties but I think it is a bit odd when so many programs are tied.... I forgot about that aspect of USNews.

B
Schools: Booth '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 12:21
Hi,

¿Is it true that if they want to admit you, admissions usually calls your office in order to do some checks?
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 12:22
gvrf wrote:
Hi,

¿Is it true that if they want to admit you, admissions usually calls your office in order to do some checks?

Never heard of that. Highly unlikely.

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 17:46
gvrf wrote:
Hi,

I assume you’re asking if the school can check on your submitted information? They will likely only do this once you’ve been admitted.

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 07:13
1 week folks!

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 06:55
This is the week for round 1 applicants!

-Decision Deadline: Dec 5, 2019 (Denied and Waitlisted Applicants)

-Estimated Admitted Applicants Notification: Calls will start rolling out at 9AM ET on Dec 4, 2019 and go into the afternoon (Portal Will Update on Dec 5).

-Booth Chatroom for Dec 4 (Main Chat Room):
https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

For everyone anxiously awaiting a call, I will see you in the chat room bright and early on Dec 4!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 10:14
fatmike wrote:
This is the week for round 1 applicants!

-Decision Deadline: Dec 5, 2019 (Denied and Waitlisted Applicants)

-Estimated Admitted Applicants Notification: Calls will start rolling out at 9AM ET on Dec 4, 2019 and go into the afternoon (Portal Will Update on Dec 5).

-Booth Chatroom for Dec 4 (Main Chat Room):
https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

For everyone anxiously awaiting a call, I will see you in the chat room bright and early on Dec 4!

Yo man - some people on reddit are saying that only certain people (Small percent of admits) get a call on the 4th, is that correct?
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 10:47
Lostauj wrote:
Yo man - some people on reddit are saying that only certain people (Small percent of admits) get a call on the 4th, is that correct?

Did you see that in the r/MBA subreddit? I haven't seen anything there. Could be possible they don't call everyone
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 11:08
wraider84 wrote:
Lostauj wrote:

Did you see that in the r/MBA subreddit? I haven't seen anything there. Could be possible they don't call everyone

That’s exactly where i saw it! I think the post was deleted tho, can’t find it anymore. I would think its probably hard to call 300+ people in one day. So i guess safest bet is to just wait until the 5th...

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 11:15
Lostauj wrote:
wraider84 wrote:
Lostauj wrote:

That’s exactly where i saw it! I think the post was deleted tho, can’t find it anymore. I would think its probably hard to call 300+ people in one day. So i guess safest bet is to just wait until the 5th...

Booth’s tradition is to call ALL admitted applicants. If you’re admitted in round 1 this year, expect a call tomorrow. Calling 300 people in a day isn’t hard. They can easily divide between ADCOM and 2nd years, and have all day to make the calls.
CBS School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 11:23
fatmike wrote:
Booth’s tradition is to call ALL admitted applicants. If you’re admitted in round 1 this year, expect a call tomorrow. Calling 300 people in a day isn’t hard. They can easily divide between ADCOM and 2nd years, and have all day to make the calls.

Big Mike with the solid info as always. That makes total sense, just already trying to do some mental gymnastics if I don't hear anything the first day. Also, just to be clear, calls would be Wednesday the 4th not tomorrow right :)
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 11:26
wraider84 wrote:
fatmike wrote:

Big Mike with the solid info as always. That makes total sense, just already trying to do some mental gymnastics if I don't hear anything the first day. Also, just to be clear, calls would be Wednesday the 4th not tomorrow right :)

Calls on the 4th (admitted). Portal updates on the 5th (denied and waitlisted).

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 06:40
What time do they start calling from? I saw last year in Clear Admit the first was around 9:30am, but wasn't sure if that was Chicago time or local time
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 07:08
strawberryjelly wrote:
What time do they start calling from? I saw last year in Clear Admit the first was around 9:30am, but wasn't sure if that was Chicago time or local time

9AM EST.

CBS School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 10:05
Mike any idea how late they go with calls? 5pm EST? Feel like it was 5pm CST for interview invites (I had already left the office before I got the email).

Super hyped for everyone in here who will get in, extremely nervous already for myself hahah. Didnt think I had a good interview, but I think my Booth essay was the best one I wrote of all.

Fingers crossed for everyone! :please :please :please
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2019, 10:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19    Next  [ 368 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carbazzy, fatmike, ambera33