Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:46 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 188
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hi I have scheduled my interview for tomorrow

any last minute tips
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
ashikjoshy wrote:
Hi I have scheduled my interview for tomorrow

Ensure posture is confident yet humble. Greet with a welcoming tone. Keep the interview as upbeat as possible. And anyone else who wants to do some mocks, DMs are open. Rooting for you all!

And one last one- Remember that it is not the job of the interviewer to make you feel welcome. Sometimes people are just having a bad day, so just ensure you bring them up with you during the interview. 5 years ago, one of the best conversations I have had is with an MSU guy. Very impressive in ensuring to make people feel welcome
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 188
Send PM
Hi my interviewer is tania sotelo valaencia

Any suggestion?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
ImranTutul wrote:
Any suggestion?

DMs are open if you wanna talk about how you can do an interview, it really is specific to you but in general, I think speak in structure, sound natural and be confident. Everything else will be fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I submitted R2 Jan 4th and interviewed on Jan 16th. Have not heard back from them since then. I know the decision is supposed to come out by March 15th, but does anyone know from the past if they send out decisions earlier than that?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
achoura wrote:
I submitted R2 Jan 4th and interviewed on Jan 16th. Have not heard back from them since then. I know the decision is supposed to come out by March 15th, but does anyone know from the past if they send out decisions earlier than that?

What is your profile?
Might be able to give you some hope based on some statistical data and demographic info.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
achoura wrote:

What is your profile?
Might be able to give you some hope based on some statistical data and demographic info.

International student but received my entire education in the States including a STEM undergrad degree and a Health-policy grad degree. Lower undergrad gPA (around 3.1) and higher grad GPA (around 3.8). Submitted without a GRE or GMAT score. Currently work for a health-tech start up (around 3 years of experience). Received the interview invite about a day after submitting the application and interviewed a few days after that by a first year MBA student. I think it went well, but am now anxious about when I should expect to hear back whether it be by the date that is shown online or if before? Upon researching earlier years it seems as though they release decisions closer to the date mentioned, but I am still anxious.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
achoura wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
achoura wrote:

What is your profile?

International student but received my entire education in the States including a STEM undergrad degree and a Health-policy grad degree. Lower undergrad gPA (around 3.1) and higher grad GPA (around 3.8). Submitted without a GRE or GMAT score. Currently work for a health-tech start up (around 3 years of experience). Received the interview invite about a day after submitting the application and interviewed a few days after that by a first year MBA student. I think it went well, but am now anxious about when I should expect to hear back whether it be by the date that is shown online or if before? Upon researching earlier years it seems as though they release decisions closer to the date mentioned, but I am still anxious.

I'd say be positive and leave everything to the market, I don't see much wrong with the profile.

Just out of curiosity, which country?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
achoura wrote:

What is your profile?

International student but received my entire education in the States including a STEM undergrad degree and a Health-policy grad degree. Lower undergrad gPA (around 3.1) and higher grad GPA (around 3.8). Submitted without a GRE or GMAT score. Currently work for a health-tech start up (around 3 years of experience). Received the interview invite about a day after submitting the application and interviewed a few days after that by a first year MBA student. I think it went well, but am now anxious about when I should expect to hear back whether it be by the date that is shown online or if before? Upon researching earlier years it seems as though they release decisions closer to the date mentioned, but I am still anxious.[/quote]

I'd say be positive and leave everything to the market, I don't see much wrong with the profile.

Just out of curiosity, which country?[/quote]

Thanks for the reassurance! I will keep my fingers crossed. Originally from India but moved here in 2005.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Science (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hey I have an interview with Kathleen Irwin , any advice ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
robpark wrote:
Hey I have an interview with Kathleen Irwin , any advice ?

That’s cool, she is still with MSU. She is pretty cool and definitely fun to speak to. I would really focus on ensuring that you keep it about getting her to lead in the beginning and take hold of the conversation in the middle and take it towards the end where you want her to know a few things that they do appreciate. Generally, she gives proper and honest feedback.

achoura wrote:
Thanks for the reassurance! I will keep my fingers crossed. Originally from India but moved here in 2005.

I am sorry I was a little occupied with helping people with interview prep. I believe the profile is good. Assuming the application you produced was upto the mark, I am sure you should hear back
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Science (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
My interview was quite pleasant and conversational. The general set of questions 1) Why MBA 2) Why broad 3) How do you assess operational strategy 4) How did you manage diverse teams 5) Explain a situation which arose out of miscommunication 6) Short term goals 7) Preference for concentration 7) Any questions for us . It was for 30 minutes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
How did you answer ques2,3,4,7? can you pls share few points
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
robpark wrote:
My interview was quite pleasant and conversational. The general set of questions 1) Why MBA 2) Why broad 3) How do you assess operational strategy 4) How did you manage diverse teams 5) Explain a situation which arose out of miscommunication 6) Short term goals 7) Preference for concentration 7) Any questions for us . It was for 30 minutes

How did you answer Question 3? Seems like a questions asked to a lot of candidates, not sure what kind of answer they are looking for.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Other, General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
What are the chances of converting the waitlist at MSU Broad? I was waitlisted in R1, have been asked to wait till Mar for the results.­

Anyone else waitlisted in Early round or Round 1?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nikspats wrote:
What are the chances of converting the waitlist at MSU Broad? I was waitlisted in R1, have been asked to wait till Mar for the results.­

­Did you interview with them? 
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Other, General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
achoura wrote:
nikspats wrote:

­Did you interview with them? 

Yes I did

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6