Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 883
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3128 [1]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Re: Calling all BU Questrom MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
Hey all.

Any idea whether Questrom allows an extension beyond the application deadline to submit the LoR?

Absolutely yes!

I remember I submitted my LORs a week after the deadline. Just make SURE that you request that ahead of time. Shoot them (ad-coms) an email and confirm.

Good luck :)
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [1]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Re: Calling all BU Questrom MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
MsInvBanker and stonecold thanks for your response. I have made my request to the admission office, but I don't expect to get a reply from it anytime soon because the office is quite likely closed because of holiday season.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
I just want to know if Questrom has any electives on Entrepreneurship. I couldn't find any information on their website in Full Time MBA section.
I have found the below link when I googled. But I'm not sure if it is legitimate.
https://www.bu.edu/questrom/degree-prog ... eneurship/
Also, there is an application fee waiver for candidates applying in round 2. But, I can still see the fee as 125$. Any ideas about this?
Thanks.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4545 [0]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
I haven't reached the payment page yet. But, I think we will have an option to select the fee waiver option in the payment page. Also, I think you must attend one of their live webinars to get the waiver.

sirisr wrote:
Also, there is an application fee waiver for candidates applying in round 2. But, I can still see the fee as 125$. Any ideas about this?
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q161 V153
Send PM
sirisr wrote:
I just want to know if Questrom has any electives on Entrepreneurship. I couldn't find any information on their website in Full Time MBA section.
I have found the below link when I googled. But I'm not sure if it is legitimate.
https://www.bu.edu/questrom/degree-prog ... eneurship/
Thanks.

For application fees waiver - you have to attend one of the online events being offered by BU (https://www.bu.edu/questrom/admissions/admissions-events). After that, just email the admissions team and they will waive the fees for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Long time user first time contributor - curious if anyone here is applying to programs other than the full time MBA? e.g. part-time, online, various MS, PhD, cert, etc.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an interview invite yesterday. It mentioned that I have to get my interview done on or before Feb 22. Can someone from R1 who got their interviews done share debriefs. For those who are applying in R2, looks like Feb 21 might be the last day to wait. All the best :)
Current Student
Send PM
Received my invite too yesterday. I believe MsInvBanker, TakethePlunge and dbsheta can help us all with their respective interview debriefs.

sirisr wrote:
Got an interview invite yesterday. It mentioned that I have to get my interview done on or before Feb 22. Can someone from R1 who got their interviews done share debriefs. For those who are applying in R2, looks like Feb 21 might be the last day to wait. All the best :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q161 V153
Send PM
Kudos
Interview of Questrom was almost like any other conventional MBA interview. My interview lasted for around 15-20 mins. Most of the questions that I remember were:

1) Introduce yourself?
2) Why MBA?
3) Why Questrom?
4) Innovate something?
5) Regret in professional work?
6) ST and LT goals?

Good Luck with your interview.
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you, TakethePlunge :)

TakethePlunge wrote:
Interview of Questrom was almost like any other conventional MBA interview. My interview lasted for around 15-20 mins. Most of the questions that I remember were:

1) Introduce yourself?
2) Why MBA?
3) Why Questrom?
4) Innovate something?
5) Regret in professional work?
6) ST and LT goals?

Good Luck with your interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V22
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
prateekb1987 wrote:
Just got done with my Skype Interview with Jen Connors (Assistant Director). It lasted for 30 mins exact and below questions were asked :

1) Walk through your resume
2) Why MBA? Why now?
3) Post-MBA career goals
4) Why Questrom ? This was the only question where my response was followed by an open interaction (regarding the school )
5) Tell me about an unexpected leadership experience
6) Tell me about about a time when you were innovative at workplace

Overall a good experience. As others have also noted they do not integrate your answers into the interview process. But few observations I made :

A) The questions you ask the interviewer are very important. They look forward to smart questions which show how interested you genuinely are in the program. My 3 questions were met with a lot of enthusiasm and highly interactive responses.
B) Response to Why Questrom is the one they look forward to the most.

Current Student
Affiliations: Affiliations
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 777
My field: My Value
GMAT 1: 800 Q60 V60
GRE 1: Q167 V168
GPA: 4
WE:AdCom Officer (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Expert Reply
A new BU Questrom Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/boston-university-219/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1185
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V35
Send PM
Got done with my interview on 23rd Jan. Can someone please tell by when can I expect the outcome ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Galactico7 wrote:
Got done with my interview on 23rd Jan. Can someone please tell by when can I expect the outcome ?

March 6, as they mentioned on their website.

https://www.bu.edu/questrom/admissions/deadlines/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I had my interview on January 11. Will I get the results on 6th March or is it possible to get answer earlier?

Also, is there a chance to check the results on the online application portal? or will I receive the answer only by e-mail?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's on or a few days before March 6. Surely not in Feb.

nikokolia wrote:
I had my interview on January 11. Will I get the results on 6th March or is it possible to get answer earlier?

Also, is there a chance to check the results on the online application portal? or will I receive the answer only by e-mail?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q159 V162
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Have any R2 applicants heard back yet? Or is it still too early

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts