Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V34
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
dacumen wrote:
bbednar wrote:
I submitted my application on 12/15 for R2, anyone know when I can expect to hear anything from BYU? My application says they have received all the required materials including letters of rec. and official GMAT scores. Will they send an email or a message on my application dashboard?

Unfortunately you're looking at mid January. The admissions committee takes off for the holidays and meet less frequently before because they're grading finals for the few weeks before break. The pace will pick up in January, but you submitted right before lights out.

ah ok gotchya. Well thanks for the insight!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for Marriott School of management MBA program. However, while applying I am stuck at a point when it comes to endorsement and honor code (a part in the application page)

The endorsement and honor code reads: All applicants should start the process early to obtain an endorsement. All applicants need an endorsement interview with a bishop and a stake president (or local religious leader and BYU Chaplain) before your application can be considered. Start this process at endorse.byu.edu.

Query: After filling all my details at endorse.byu.edu, application page presents an Ecclesiastical Endorsement Form. The form requires the applicants to be interviewed and endorsed by a Ecclesiastical leader. I am confused about who will play the role of Ecclesiastical leader and endorse the applicant in India. Pls help as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
avinavkapur wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for Marriott School of management MBA program. However, while applying I am stuck at a point when it comes to endorsement and honor code (a part in the application page)

The endorsement and honor code reads: All applicants should start the process early to obtain an endorsement. All applicants need an endorsement interview with a bishop and a stake president (or local religious leader and BYU Chaplain) before your application can be considered. Start this process at endorse.byu.edu.

Query: After filling all my details at endorse.byu.edu, application page presents an Ecclesiastical Endorsement Form. The form requires the applicants to be interviewed and endorsed by a Ecclesiastical leader. I am confused about who will play the role of Ecclesiastical leader and endorse the applicant in India. Pls help as soon as possible.

Thanks.

If you're Mormon, go to your LDS Bishop. If you're not Mormon, go to the closest thing you have to a religious leader who can vouch for your character (a Hindu priest, Muslim Cleric, ...something). If you don't have a local religious leader who can vouch for your character, find one. If you're atheist, you're in trouble. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
avinavkapur wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

Friend, if I were you, I would look on Linkedin for non-Latter Day Saints (especially Indians) to see what they did :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Hi,

Please let me know what documents are required to be send to IERF.

Regards,
Anmol Talwar
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Send PM
Hi Dear Friend,

I had the same query some time back and I sent an email to IERF and got the following as their reply. Hope it provides you with all the details you need ( and hopefully this would help any of the others who view this reply)! All the best!

We thank you for your interest in having your foreign credentials evaluated. We require the original mark sheets in order to do an evaluation. We will also accept mark sheets mailed to our office directly from the school. You don’t have to submit secondary school credentials.

If you would like to apply for an evaluation report, you are required to complete and submit to us an application form, along with all required documentation and all applicable fees. ­­­You will need to provide us with your original academic records along with a photo copy. We return the originals back to you by secured mail for an additional fee. For records not issued in English, translations are also required. These must be issued in the same format as the original documents, line-by-line, word-for-word. IERF has negotiated a special discount with University Language Services for our applicants who use their translation services. You can contact them directly through their website to learn more about the discount.

We suggest that you visit our website where you will find the answers to all of your questions. It usually takes 15 business days to process a report unless you choose a rush (24-hour, 10-day or 5-day) for which there is an additional fee. The mailing of your report and documents will take additional time. BYU will receive an electronic copy of the report on the day it is completed.

IERF has two informative videos that briefly describe IERF’s report types and the overall application process. Once you are ready to apply, and have determined which application you need, the Applications and Requirements section will walk you step-by-step through:

our services and fees
the document requirements
the application procedure
our Terms and Conditions
how to apply for an evaluation

India
All supporting documents must be OFFICIAL academic records issued in English and/or Hindi. Please submit professional English translations for all documents issued in Hindi.
For secondary studies, please submit Mark Sheets and/or Examination Certificates (e.g., Secondary School Certificate Examination, Higher Secondary/Intermediate Certificate Examination, etc.), issued by the State Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, if passed.
For postsecondary studies, please submit the following academic records issued by your university of study (not the affiliated colleges):
Mark Sheets for all studies (i.e., Bachelor, Master, etc.), with years of study, course titles, and marks. Please provide syllabi if the mark sheets have abbreviated paper titles or numbered papers without titles.
Degree Certificates earned for all studies. If the degree certificate has not yet been issued, please submit the Provisional Degree Certificate, indicating eligibility to receive the degree with the Class/Division for the final examination. Please note, however, that Provisional Degree Certificates are not considered the same as the Degree Certificates.
Note: Unofficial records (e.g., college records/transcripts issued by colleges or study abroad agencies, etc.) will not be accepted.

We recommend that you take advantage of our speedy, user-friendly online interactive application. It will direct and guide you through the application process.

We look forward to receiving your application.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Operations
Send PM
joyandbliss wrote:
Hi Dear Friend,

I had the same query some time back and I sent an email to IERF and got the following as their reply. Hope it provides you with all the details you need ( and hopefully this would help any of the others who view this reply)! All the best!

We thank you for your interest in having your foreign credentials evaluated. We require the original mark sheets in order to do an evaluation. We will also accept mark sheets mailed to our office directly from the school. You don’t have to submit secondary school credentials.

If you would like to apply for an evaluation report, you are required to complete and submit to us an application form, along with all required documentation and all applicable fees. ­­­You will need to provide us with your original academic records along with a photo copy. We return the originals back to you by secured mail for an additional fee. For records not issued in English, translations are also required. These must be issued in the same format as the original documents, line-by-line, word-for-word. IERF has negotiated a special discount with University Language Services for our applicants who use their translation services. You can contact them directly through their website to learn more about the discount.

We suggest that you visit our website where you will find the answers to all of your questions. It usually takes 15 business days to process a report unless you choose a rush (24-hour, 10-day or 5-day) for which there is an additional fee. The mailing of your report and documents will take additional time. BYU will receive an electronic copy of the report on the day it is completed.

IERF has two informative videos that briefly describe IERF’s report types and the overall application process. Once you are ready to apply, and have determined which application you need, the Applications and Requirements section will walk you step-by-step through:

our services and fees
the document requirements
the application procedure
our Terms and Conditions
how to apply for an evaluation

India
All supporting documents must be OFFICIAL academic records issued in English and/or Hindi. Please submit professional English translations for all documents issued in Hindi.
For secondary studies, please submit Mark Sheets and/or Examination Certificates (e.g., Secondary School Certificate Examination, Higher Secondary/Intermediate Certificate Examination, etc.), issued by the State Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, if passed.
For postsecondary studies, please submit the following academic records issued by your university of study (not the affiliated colleges):
Mark Sheets for all studies (i.e., Bachelor, Master, etc.), with years of study, course titles, and marks. Please provide syllabi if the mark sheets have abbreviated paper titles or numbered papers without titles.
Degree Certificates earned for all studies. If the degree certificate has not yet been issued, please submit the Provisional Degree Certificate, indicating eligibility to receive the degree with the Class/Division for the final examination. Please note, however, that Provisional Degree Certificates are not considered the same as the Degree Certificates.
Note: Unofficial records (e.g., college records/transcripts issued by colleges or study abroad agencies, etc.) will not be accepted.

We recommend that you take advantage of our speedy, user-friendly online interactive application. It will direct and guide you through the application process.

We look forward to receiving your application.

Sending original documents is very risky. What is the guarantee that original document will not get lost.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Anmol,

I totally understand your concern . The following two precautions can help almost completely eliminate any risks involved ( they worked for me):

1) Make sure you send the documents through a courier service such as DHL which can provide you a tracking number ( and pay the insurance fee as well- this will ensure all precautions from their side while sending your documents).
2) Make sure you pay the additional amount while sending IERF your application and ask them to send your report and original documents via secure mail ( they will provide you with a tracking number).

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
joyandbliss wrote:
Hi Anmol,

I totally understand your concern . The following two precautions can help almost completely eliminate any risks involved ( they worked for me):

1) Make sure you send the documents through a courier service such as DHL which can provide you a tracking number ( and pay the insurance fee as well- this will ensure all precautions from their side while sending your documents).
2) Make sure you pay the additional amount while sending IERF your application and ask them to send your report and original documents via secure mail ( they will provide you with a tracking number).

Good luck!

Truly said joyandbliss!

I too had sent my Original certificates and got it safe and sound back from them.(Although I had to spend extra 75$ for their secure service).
There is another courier 'Overseas Express' which provide good service.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anybody who applied in R2 heard anything yet??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
I also have some doubts regarding IERF evaluation.

Can we submit original university issued transcripts or only original certificates are allowed. I requested my university for transcripts few days back.

Also, do we need to submit 10th and 12th marks sheets for evaluation ? Please help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Sreekanth,

You don't have to provide 10th and 12th mark sheets.

As far as university issued transcripts are concerned, it is best you write to IERF directly with your case( They are very prompt with replies).

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
Hello people,

I am applying for BYU Marriott School too. I need one clarification. Do they have a TOEFL waiver for Indian students ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi k309,

All international students need to provide a toefl score for BYU, including Indian students.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
joyandbliss wrote:
Hi k309,

All international students need to provide a toefl score for BYU, including Indian students.

Thanks a lot for the information :)
This seems to be the only one asking for it though :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the invite. Interview is Friday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Interview invite received last Friday (Jan 8th) and I got interviewed yesterday (Jan 12th).
I was interviewed by Prof. Mike Bond, and the interview was great; it felt more like a than conversation than an interview.
Hope to hear from them pretty soon...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts