Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
2016formba wrote:
Moroni wrote:
I have my interview scheduled with Dr. Troy Nielsen this Friday. Anyone else with Dr. Troy ?

I believe none of the group user has got an interview with Troy but i can say that interview questions will be probably same as asked by other interviewers. Wish you Good Luck.

I had mine with Troy Nielsen. Yes, it is the same as what is asked by other interviewers. Just be able to explain why you want an MBA, your future goals, and why you chose to apply to BYU. He may ask why you chose your specific track, but that should fit into the rest of your narrative anyway. There are no behavioral questions, just be confident and have your story ready. The interview is low key and he is a very friendly man.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
joyandbliss wrote:
Hi k309,

All international students need to provide a toefl score for BYU, including Indian students.

Congratulation joyandbliss! Happy for you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking to create a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all admit Indian applicants to discuss and share our thoughts on various topics including visa,travel and many more.Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Hi,

Who can sign endorsement form for me? I am Indian no LDS applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
anmoltalwar1707 wrote:
Hi,

Who can sign endorsement form for me? I am Indian no LDS applicant.

If you're religious (Hindu, Muslim, etc.), have your local spiritual leader do it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
...so Tuesday (which is basically tomorrow from a business perspective) it will have been a month since I interviewed. I have to tell you, the wait is a little frustrating. Just sayin'.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys for your help.

I had my interview yest with Dr. Troy. The interview was pretty laid back. Dr. Troy is very amicable. These are the questions that I was asked in the interview

1. I was asked to tell about my journey from Computer Science Engineering to MBA OBHR
2. My career path after MBA
3. How did I lead my team in the current firm I work for?
4. Why BYU ?

Dr. Troy told that I would be informed of the decision in another two weeks. Fingers crossed.

Wish the rest of the applicants good luck. Let me know if you need any assistance in the process.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys i applied for R2 ...got an interview call on Feb 23 with Mike Bond

Can you let me know what kind of questions i could be expecting.....
anyone who was interviewed please share there experience..

Please respond ASAP

Regards
Niranjan Reddy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
niranjanreddybon wrote:

Please respond ASAP

Regards
Niranjan Reddy

Why do you want an MBA from BYU? Know your story and you'll be fine. Don't sweat it. They're mostly just doing a gut check at this point to make sure you feel as good in person as you did in your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.89
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
2016formba wrote:
Finally got my first Admit!!

Just now got a mail from BYU telling I am IN.Thanks God wait was not too long :).

Wish you all a good luck!!!

Hi,
I am Roli. I have also applied to BYU. Did you get any info on scholarship? Any mails?

Really appreciate your response..

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
roli9020 wrote:
2016formba wrote:

Just now got a mail from BYU telling I am IN.Thanks God wait was not too long :).

Hi,
I am Roli. I have also applied to BYU. Did you get any info on scholarship? Any mails?

Regards

Hi Roli,

BYU have a separate committee for granting Scholarships. Once one gets the acceptance mail, it takes another 2-4 week to receive any information on scholarship. I am still waiting for the information.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.89
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
2016formba wrote:
roli9020 wrote:
2016formba wrote:

Hi,

Regards

Hi Roli,

BYU have a separate committee for granting Scholarships. Once one gets the acceptance mail, it takes another 2-4 week to receive any information on scholarship. I am still waiting for the information.

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Good luck for the scholarship!! Please let me know the outcome..

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dacumen wrote:
niranjanreddybon wrote:

Please respond ASAP

Regards
Niranjan Reddy

Why do you want an MBA from BYU? Know your story and you'll be fine. Don't sweat it. They're mostly just doing a gut check at this point to make sure you feel as good in person as you did in your application.

Hi niranjanreddybon,

dacumen has correctly said about the interview. You should be confident and thorough with general MBA interview questions such as Why MBA? Why now? why this stream? Why BYU? what are your post mba goals ?
The interview will start with a brief self-description by the interviewer and then it will be your turn.Next series of above-discussed general questions.Be prepared with your answers as it will be just half an hour interview.No behavioral questions as already mentioned by dacumen.

Mike is really a good interviewer.He will make sure you feel comfortable, before proceeding.Just be yourself and be confident. It is one of the stress-free interviews I have ever gone through.

Wish you good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

Any updates after the interviews ? Its been a week since I got interviewed and no news yet...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Moroni wrote:
Guys,

Any updates after the interviews ? Its been a week since I got interviewed and no news yet...

They're backed up. I've been waiting a month to hear back.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dacumen wrote:
Moroni wrote:
Guys,

They're backed up. I've been waiting a month to hear back.

I received my acceptance notification within a week of interviewing. My interviewer told me I should hear within 2 weeks and that I could contact admissions if not.

Does anyone know the timeline for accepting the offer? I haven't received any information on that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has any one got any updates about the interview result. How soon should we expect at least an email for hold.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts