It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 03:26

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.89
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 10:33
Hi
I did get my IERF evaluation but it mentions someone else's name at two places. I am really confused as I didn't expect such typos from such an agency. I sent them a mail but haven't received a revert from them yet. I received my copy but my application still reflects that BYU has not received their copy of evaluation. Will they also have same typo in their evaluation report?
Also, can anyone elaborate the endorsement process? Is their any form for endorsement from the religious to be submitted? How do we submit it?

Really appreciate your help!!! :D

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.89
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 23:06
priyankkhanna wrote:
I have completed my Ecclesiastical endorsements. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding it.


Hi,

I am facing issues with my endorsement. I chose non-LDS through BYU leader endorsement type. Till date I have not heard from the local stake leader. Should I call him to book an appointment?
Please guide me as to what you did in the matter.

Thanks already!!!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2015
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: Brazil
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 05:09
roli9020 wrote:
priyankkhanna wrote:
I have completed my Ecclesiastical endorsements. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding it.


Hi,

I am facing issues with my endorsement. I chose non-LDS through BYU leader endorsement type. Till date I have not heard from the local stake leader. Should I call him to book an appointment?
Please guide me as to what you did in the matter.

Thanks already!!!


I'm LDS and yes, you should definitely call him and request an appointment. Stake leaders usually interview LDS members once a week, so they are used to people calling him to request appointments. He'll probably ask you to come by in the same day he will be interviewing the members. Also, he should be familiar with the existence of BYU.
I believe there's a file in the endorsement website to help your stake leader in this case, you should print the file and lend it to the him.
Let me know if you need any help.
Good luck :)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.89
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 05:14
gochiararia wrote:
roli9020 wrote:
priyankkhanna wrote:
I have completed my Ecclesiastical endorsements. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding it.


Hi,

I am facing issues with my endorsement. I chose non-LDS through BYU leader endorsement type. Till date I have not heard from the local stake leader. Should I call him to book an appointment?
Please guide me as to what you did in the matter.

Thanks already!!!


I'm LDS and yes, you should definitely call him and request an appointment. Stake leaders usually interview LDS members once a week, so they are used to people calling him to request appointments. He'll probably ask you to come by in the same day he will be interviewing the members. Also, he should be familiar with the existence of BYU.
I believe there's a file in the endorsement website to help your stake leader in this case, you should print the file and lend it to the him.
Let me know if you need any help.
Good luck :)

Thank a lot :lol:

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 07:43
roli9020 wrote:
priyankkhanna wrote:
I have completed my Ecclesiastical endorsements. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding it.


Hi,

I am facing issues with my endorsement. I chose non-LDS through BYU leader endorsement type. Till date I have not heard from the local stake leader. Should I call him to book an appointment?
Please guide me as to what you did in the matter.

Thanks already!!!


I'm not LDS but my wife is. In my experience the "Stake leader" is too busy. What you need to do is reach out to your local ward "Bishop". Trying to pin down the head of the stake is a waste of time. Worst case scenario, walk into the nearest LDS church on a Sunday with a big smile and say "I'm not a member of the Church...I'd like to talk to the Bishop". You'll get a police escort to his office and all the meetings you want. :lol:

The LDS.org website has information on your local ward (congregation) and contact information for the bishop. You might need to be a member to access that info - I'm not sure cuz I just get my wife to do it - but if you don't want to or can't walk into a church, that's the easiest option. Stake Leaders run multiple wards and have lots of bishops under them, and if you're going the LDS interview route, BYU expects you to meet a Bishop anyway. Most likely all the Stake Leader is going to do is refer you to one. It's a little like trying to interview at McDonalds by calling the regional manager instead of just walking into one and asking for an application.

If you're a member of another religion, your own pastor or priest or whatever will do. Otherwise you're doing the right thing - LDS Bishops are very nice and accommodating, as the believe (I think correctly) that spending two years surrounded by Mormons and being forced to follow the honor code will do everybody some good. Heck, you might even get baptized.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 10:02
2016formba wrote:
Got an interview Invite :D. Super excited. Have been waiting for it since december.


All the best. keep us updated !!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 13:51
Got notified that my application is in "Hold" status. They will not guarantee admissions until April 2016.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 00:37
Interviewed on Tuesday by Mike Bond. Interview went pretty good and was hoping an Admit. Special thanks to 'gochiararia' for helping in interview preparations!

But today, i got a mail from them that i have been put on HOLD :( till march 1st.Was hoping an admit from the words of the interviewer. really hate this wait game.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Location: Brazil
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GPA: 3.36
WE: Research (Other)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 04:36
2016formba wrote:
Interviewed on Tuesday by Mike Bond. Interview went pretty good and was hoping an Admit. Special thanks to 'gochiararia' for helping in interview preparations!

But today, i got a mail from them that i have been put on HOLD :( till march 1st.Was hoping an admit from the words of the interviewer. really hate this wait game.


Hi Everyone!

I was interviewed on Jan 27th by Dr Dan Snow, professor of operations. A day after I received an e-mail saying that I was placed on "hold" until after March 1st. It was tough to digest it.

I sent an e-mail asking for a feedback and directions to what to do. I will let you know the answer.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 05:10
tiagouhlmann wrote:
2016formba wrote:
Interviewed on Tuesday by Mike Bond. Interview went pretty good and was hoping an Admit. Special thanks to 'gochiararia' for helping in interview preparations!

But today, i got a mail from them that i have been put on HOLD :( till march 1st.Was hoping an admit from the words of the interviewer. really hate this wait game.


Hi Everyone!

I was interviewed on Jan 27th by Dr Dan Snow, professor of operations. A day after I received an e-mail saying that I was placed on "hold" until after March 1st. It was tough to digest it.

I sent an e-mail asking for a feedback and directions to what to do. I will let you know the answer.


Thanks tiagouhlmann for updating all of us.

Request all others to update about their status as well.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 05:48
tiagouhlmann wrote:
2016formba wrote:
Interviewed on Tuesday by Mike Bond. Interview went pretty good and was hoping an Admit. Special thanks to 'gochiararia' for helping in interview preparations!

But today, i got a mail from them that i have been put on HOLD :( till march 1st.Was hoping an admit from the words of the interviewer. really hate this wait game.


Hi Everyone!

I was interviewed on Jan 27th by Dr Dan Snow, professor of operations. A day after I received an e-mail saying that I was placed on "hold" until after March 1st. It was tough to digest it.

I sent an e-mail asking for a feedback and directions to what to do. I will let you know the answer.


I got the answer. They said it's because they received more applications than usual and they're running behind. trying to leverage the hold process to manage the flood better.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 05:50
tiagouhlmann wrote:
2016formba wrote:
Interviewed on Tuesday by Mike Bond. Interview went pretty good and was hoping an Admit. Special thanks to 'gochiararia' for helping in interview preparations!

But today, i got a mail from them that i have been put on HOLD :( till march 1st.Was hoping an admit from the words of the interviewer. really hate this wait game.


Hi Everyone!

I was interviewed on Jan 27th by Dr Dan Snow, professor of operations. A day after I received an e-mail saying that I was placed on "hold" until after March 1st. It was tough to digest it.

I sent an e-mail asking for a feedback and directions to what to do. I will let you know the answer.



Allth best guys. lets keep the fingers crossed !!I have submitted my applications but havent received any interview notification from them yet !!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 4

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 08:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
Ok, I just got off the phone with admissions. Pretty much told them I need to understand the "Hold" situation. I applied to BYU because it's convenient and well regarded, but I'm rearranging my life a little bit to make the July 18th start date for the Executive program and I can't wait till April for a decision. If it's going to take months for feedback, then I need to release some slack and start working on a backup plan.

The word I got back was that BYU experienced a huge spike in applications (100% increase over last year) and right now they're just trying to get everybody through the interview process. Once they've cleared the interview backlog, they'll re-convene the admissions committee and start making formal decisions again.

So those of you on "hold", it's ok to breathe. Give them a couple of weeks to work through the backlog of interviews and you'll start hearing whether you're accepted or not.

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 4

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 10:31
dacumen wrote:
Ok, I just got off the phone with admissions. Pretty much told them I need to understand the "Hold" situation. I applied to BYU because it's convenient and well regarded, but I'm rearranging my life a little bit to make the July 18th start date for the Executive program and I can't wait till April for a decision. If it's going to take months for feedback, then I need to release some slack and start working on a backup plan.

The word I got back was that BYU experienced a huge spike in applications (100% increase over last year) and right now they're just trying to get everybody through the interview process. Once they've cleared the interview backlog, they'll re-convene the admissions committee and start making formal decisions again.

So those of you on "hold", it's ok to breathe. Give them a couple of weeks to work through the backlog of interviews and you'll start hearing whether you're accepted or not.


Hey dacumen, really appreciate your initiative. It's really consoling to get this new information.Thumbs up for the job. :thumbup:

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 11:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
Finally got my first Admit!!

Just now got a mail from BYU telling I am IN.Thanks God wait was not too long :).

Wish you all a good luck!!!

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 17:14
2016formba wrote:
Finally got my first Admit!!

Just now got a mail from BYU telling I am IN.Thanks God wait was not too long :).

Wish you all a good luck!!!



Excellent news. Congratulations Brother !! Help us on one thing though. I have completed all the steps in application but the endorsement.

I am Indian, Hindu, Male , Engineer ;)

1) From whom do i get one ?
2) Do I upload that file under endorsement Section in the application after getting it filled ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 17:24
k309 wrote:
2016formba wrote:
Finally got my first Admit!!

Just now got a mail from BYU telling I am IN.Thanks God wait was not too long :).

Wish you all a good luck!!!



Excellent news. Congratulations Brother !! Help us on one thing though. I have completed all the steps in application but the endorsement.

I am Indian, Hindu, Male , Engineer ;)

1) From whom do i get one ?
2) Do I upload that file under endorsement Section in the application after getting it filled ?


If you're Hindu and you have a Hindu spiritual leader, then that is the person who should do your initial endorsement. There's a link in the endorsement section to the BYU endorsement website, which has it's own login. Once your spiritual leader has interviewed you, there are instructions for them to provide the endorsement to BYU. I had my wife's LDS Bishop do it so not sure where a non LDS spiritual leader would upload, but I'm willing to bet you don't do it for him.

After your endorsement is uplaoded, the BYU Chaplain will contact you for a second interview. It's pretty informal and low stress.

Hope that helps.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 06:20
dacumen wrote:
k309 wrote:
2016formba wrote:
Finally got my first Admit!!

Just now got a mail from BYU telling I am IN.Thanks God wait was not too long :).

Wish you all a good luck!!!



Excellent news. Congratulations Brother !! Help us on one thing though. I have completed all the steps in application but the endorsement.

I am Indian, Hindu, Male , Engineer ;)

1) From whom do i get one ?
2) Do I upload that file under endorsement Section in the application after getting it filled ?


If you're Hindu and you have a Hindu spiritual leader, then that is the person who should do your initial endorsement. There's a link in the endorsement section to the BYU endorsement website, which has it's own login. Once your spiritual leader has interviewed you, there are instructions for them to provide the endorsement to BYU. I had my wife's LDS Bishop do it so not sure where a non LDS spiritual leader would upload, but I'm willing to bet you don't do it for him.

After your endorsement is uplaoded, the BYU Chaplain will contact you for a second interview. It's pretty informal and low stress.

Hope that helps.


Hi k309,

Thanks buddy :). Regarding your questions, dacumen has already explained. You can get the answers filled and signature done by any Pandit or Pujari(of mandir) who knows you. In case they don't know English, you can explain him in local language about the points highlighted. I really don't think this is such a big deal. In case you still have any doubt give me a call.I will PM my number to you.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Location: United States
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 17:42
Congratulations all for getting Accepted.

I just got the interview invite through email. Could someone please let me know how is the interview process like ?
what kind of questions ? How should I prepare for the interview ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2015
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 17:49
Moroni wrote:
Congratulations all for getting Accepted.

I just got the interview invite through email. Could someone please let me know how is the interview process like ?
what kind of questions ? How should I prepare for the interview ?


It's pretty laid back. If you have a good idea of why you want to attend BYU and what you'll do with your MBA, you're fine. Remember, they'll have studied your complete application before you walk in. It's as if they already know what they're going to do and the interview is just to confirm their conclusions.

Be you, be confident, know your own story, and tell them what you intend to do with your Masters. You'll be fine.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2016, 17:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 160 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all BYU-Marriott Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.