Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
ds7 wrote:
Will do, thanks

Looks like someone had overwritten your name with "SD" as the rest of that record matches up to your new data.

Additionally, the record right below yours has the name "AD" -- I'm guessing this was changed in the same manner. Can the person who submitted Sept. 4 check the spreadsheet and let me know if that name needs to be changed?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
From confident to now anxious, I've begun to feel the variety of emotions that overcomes MBA applicants. I interviewed yesterday with adcom. Went very very very well. Waiting now. Deathly quiet
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
SaMoCU wrote:
From confident to now anxious, I've begun to feel the variety of emotions that overcomes MBA applicants. I interviewed yesterday with adcom. Went very very very well. Waiting now. Deathly quiet

Did your app have "interview complete"?

Ah, rolling admissions. The wait is agonizing. It seems like they send out acceptances on fridays, if I dont here back tommorow, i'm planning to step away from the waiting and just focus on other things.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Well...here's the thing. I was contacted by someone in admissions directly for an interview. I didn't select an interviewer from the selection process. So even though I had the interview, my status was still "under review" and even now, after the interview, it is still "under review". I wonder if I get in, whether my status will forever remain "under review"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
For those of you expecting acceptance news on Friday, keep in mind that some of us received congratulatory phone calls on a Friday whereas the actual online update did not come until Monday or Tuesday. My sense is that AdCom makes their decisions on accepted students toward the end of each week. However, it's unclear how long they will continue to call accepted students to congratulate them. If AdCom decides not to continue making these calls for whatever reason, accepted students may have to wait until the following week to be notified about the good news. In other words, if you don't receive a call tomorrow, don't freak out prematurely.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I submitted my application one month ago and still no answer...
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Did you guys get an email before the congratulatory call? Or just the call?
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Seems like there's an on campus info session today and nothing planned for tomorrow, so hopefully...some results!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Columbia Business School '2013
Send PM
I got an email from Mary Miller asking to set up a call with me the next day
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SaMoCU wrote:
Did you guys get an email before the congratulatory call? Or just the call?

6train wrote:
I got an email from Mary Miller asking to set up a call with me the next day

In my case, I did not have to speak with any members of AdCom before getting accepted. Instead, Mary Miller left me a voice message last Friday (while I was at the dentist!) asking me to call her back, which I promptly did. She said that she wanted to give me the good news before the weekend started but that I wouldn't see any changes online until early this week. So no email before phone call. The email came on Tuesday morning informing me of a change in status; I had to log into the application system to actually see the congratulatory letter.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I too was sitting at my desk at work at 4pm on Friday last week, when I got a call from an "unknown number" (not a 212 number, as I had thought it would would have been...) - and it was Mary Miller calling to congratulate me, and letting me know that I was admitted "before the weekend". She said my status would change the next week, which it finally did from "under review" to "Decision Available" on Tuesday this week.

So, if your application is complete, you could hear anytime!!
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
hdcdude wrote:
I too was sitting at my desk at work at 4pm on Friday last week, when I got a call from an "unknown number" (not a 212 number, as I had thought it would would have been...) - and it was Mary Miller calling to congratulate me, and letting me know that I was admitted "before the weekend". She said my status would change the next week, which it finally did from "under review" to "Decision Available" on Tuesday this week.

hdcdude wrote:

That is awesome. Alright, it may be too early for me to hear back since a. I submitted 08/23 and b. I just had my interview on Wednesday. Hopefully, having with adcom may make my decision known sooner. But we'll see! I'll keep you guys posted.
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
After my interview with Mary Miller, she shot me an email the next day and asked me to call her back, which I did promptly and she congratulated me for a piece of good news before the weekend starts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM

Something to laugh at while some of us anxiously wait for tomorrow.
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
btw, if you want to sort the list, just go view -> list view.

or just click the following link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key= ... erpage=250
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Rushed application in ED vs Early application in RD [#permalink]
Hello ladies and gents out here... this is my first post here in an MBA forum. Congrats for all those who made it already, and best wishes for the rest. I too am very much interested in the Columbia MBA, only to realize that time is my greatest enemy.

My profile:
Indian, 24 y/o Male, Engineering (IIT), 730
4 years Work Experience in an international oil company and associated typicalities in profile (heavy international experience, leadership positions etc).
On a lighter note, the experience has exhausted two of my passport booklets in less than three years, and taught me how to flatter a girl in over 20 languages.... :p

Why I am **** up
Despite having an MBA and entering PE/VC/ Entr. post MBA as my dream, I never got enough time to really "prepare" for this... In fact I attempted GMAT with barely a week of preparation.

Now it is already the last two weeks of September and a few more work deliverables are eating away my time already. As I type this away, I am almost on the brink of giving up my Early Decision application.

Really unfortunate that the entire app (incl. transcripts upload and recos) has to be complete before the 6th.

The topic of discussion:

As I am desperate for Columbia, I want to evaluate chances of a rushed application in ED vs an early application in Regular decision.
1. Does anyone have any informal estimates of percentage of class from ED vs percentage of class from RD
2. Does an application early in a particular round have a particular round have a really special weightage
3. How big is the gap in chance of making in wrt ED as against RD ( The reason I ask this is because if I am indeed really **** up, I could as well wait for 8 more months, and give a much better app early next year instead of being a reapplicant then)

I ask this as there is quite some real experience floating around in this forum.

I wish I and many others like me on the border can see some light.

Regards
FrozenTongue

-------------------------------------------
Please feel free to pm me to discuss mba, career, and life in general.

Cheers,
FrozenTongue
-------------------------------------------
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
Let's see what today will bring
GMAT Club Bot