GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 19:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2015, 14:11
alliatjtj wrote:
hellovivian wrote:
any one submitted on or before Sep 15th still waiting?

Are you American Applicant or International applicant? I submitted on 14th, without any news.

international
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2015, 15:22
hellovivian wrote:
alliatjtj wrote:
hellovivian wrote:
any one submitted on or before Sep 15th still waiting?

Are you American Applicant or International applicant? I submitted on 14th, without any news.

international

International as well, submitted on 16th. Nothing yet.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2015, 16:38
Just wondering if there's any RD heard back yet? I know they are still processing ED but I've been told RD applicants should hear back within six weeks after they submitted.
Current Student
B
Affiliations: MBB Consultant
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2015, 20:21
I might be completely wrong, but I doubt RD application submitted before the ED deadline will get any kind of answer in six weeks.

Someone that has submitted for RD in July (yes, there are a couple of early birds) will only hear back in three months.
Someone that has submitted for RD in October 8th will have to wait for all ED applications (roughly 3-4 weeks) and for all RD applications before the 8th.

6 weeks seems optimistic.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2015, 08:17
Anyone got an invite/ding September 16th or after ? Please share ..
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2015, 08:25
Malluce wrote:
Just wondering if there's any RD heard back yet? I know they are still processing ED but I've been told RD applicants should hear back within six weeks after they submitted.

As per CBS' website, RD applications will only be looked at when ED applications are finshed with. This makes sense as they wouldnt have provided a deadline for ED otherwise. The 6 week period for RD applications is after they are done with the ED applications.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2015, 13:48
ED deadline was Oct/7. Considering its 6 weeks feedback time, RD apps will be reviewed after Nov/18.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 03:58
Definitely looking like I might hit the two week mark without my interviewer submitting feedback. It's extremely weird the way this whole thing has turned out. Hard not to let this be disheartening despite having gotten great in person feedback.
Manager
Manager
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 05:10
Allday028 wrote:
Definitely looking like I might hit the two week mark without my interviewer submitting feedback. It's extremely weird the way this whole thing has turned out. Hard not to let this be disheartening despite having gotten great in person feedback.

Your situation is still much better than most of us. As you are almost there, especially given that you have already received great in person feedback. Better waiting one more week than creating some random mistake by panicking. Hold on there, I would say. Let the system do its part now.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 05:14
popov wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

Your situation is still much better than most of us. As you are almost there, especially given that you have already received great in person feedback. Better waiting one more week than creating some random mistake by panicking. Hold on there, I would say. Let the system do its part now.

Fair enough. Just stressful thinking about how this might affect my application with CBS being my top choice. But I'm just waiting on admissions now and trying not to worry about it. They'll get him to submit or he won't and they'll reach out to me for next steps. I'm just so used to driving the action at work that it's definitely a good lesson to take a back seat and let someone else handle it.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 15:14
So painful.

I read my application proof, and just caught a typo in my resume. As if the waiting game isn't bad enough.
Current Student
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 05:17
Allday028 wrote:
popov wrote:
Allday028 wrote:

Fair enough. Just stressful thinking about how this might affect my application with CBS being my top choice. But I'm just waiting on admissions now and trying not to worry about it. They'll get him to submit or he won't and they'll reach out to me for next steps. I'm just so used to driving the action at work that it's definitely a good lesson to take a back seat and let someone else handle it.

Columbia's interviewers are not trained employees of the school and thus interviews carry a little bit less weight relative to other schools - the big challenge is getting an interview. As long as you don't totally blow the interview you should feel good. The school accepts a relatively high percentage of those they interview - also, why not just send a note to your interviewer that you worked really hard to get your app in early and just wanted to make sure there was no confusion around how to submit feedback. Or, you could explain that to your interview coordinator and ask that they send a reminder?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 05:31
I just have a general question for everyone - I know rankings are over hyped and all of that, but is Columbia considered a tier 1 school? Meaning, would you consider it on the same level as Chicago, Wharton, Kellogg, and MIT?
Current Student
B
Affiliations: MBB Consultant
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 06:01
Wildabout wrote:
I just have a general question for everyone - I know rankings are over hyped and all of that, but is Columbia considered a tier 1 school? Meaning, would you consider it on the same level as Chicago, Wharton, Kellogg, and MIT?

I'll share my impressions on that, based on discussions with my MBB colleagues.

The Tier 1 is, of course, Harvard and Stanford. The partners at my office actually reach out to you and congratulate when you get in one of those schools. Even if everyone has a MBA from a top school, these two still standout.

Tier 2 is composed of Wharton, Columbia, Booth and Sloan. Along with the first two, these group of six schools represent the first choice of 90% of consultants in my office. Never heard of anyone talking about going to Kellog as a top pick. Columbia and Booth are highly regarded because of location.

TIer 3 would be Tuck, Kellog, Fuqua and Haas. These are great backup options, round 2 alternatives, that everyone feels strongly about.

I know this is less relevant for the American audience, but interest in European schools has been increasingly strong in last years. More and more of my colleagues have gone to INSEAD, IESE and LBS, never even applying for American BS. I would even put them as part of the second Tier.
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 06:11
mfprado1073 wrote:
Wildabout wrote:

I'll share my impressions on that, based on discussions with my MBB colleagues.

The Tier 1 is, of course, Harvard and Stanford. The partners at my office actually reach out to you and congratulate when you get in one of those schools. Even if everyone has a MBA from a top school, these two still standout.

Tier 2 is composed of Wharton, Columbia, Booth and Sloan. Along with the first two, these group of six schools represent the first choice of 90% of consultants in my office. Never heard of anyone talking about going to Kellog as a top pick. Columbia and Booth are highly regarded because of location.

TIer 3 would be Tuck, Kellog, Fuqua and Haas. These are great backup options, round 2 alternatives, that everyone feels strongly about.

I know this is less relevant for the American audience, but interest in European schools has been increasingly strong in last years. More and more of my colleagues have gone to INSEAD, IESE and LBS, never even applying for American BS. I would even put them as part of the second Tier.

Nice - so, the fact that U.S. News has Haas and Kellogg above Columbia does not necessarily reflect the prestige/reputation of the degree? I suppose it can depend on what you are studying specifically. The impression that I get is that Columbia is right there with the best schools, save for HBS and GSB, which are unique cases.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 07:21
Very quiet in here lately... Anyone found anything out?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 08:05
Wildabout wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
popov wrote:

Columbia's interviewers are not trained employees of the school and thus interviews carry a little bit less weight relative to other schools - the big challenge is getting an interview. As long as you don't totally blow the interview you should feel good. The school accepts a relatively high percentage of those they interview - also, why not just send a note to your interviewer that you worked really hard to get your app in early and just wanted to make sure there was no confusion around how to submit feedback. Or, you could explain that to your interview coordinator and ask that they send a reminder?

I had actually followed up with the school and the interviewer when I hit a week.

I did just see my interview feedback this morning though, so now it's just a waiting game. Thanks for listening to me vent, everyone
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 08:12
aa2384 wrote:
Very quiet in here lately... Anyone found anything out?

Nothing. Maybe they are reviewing or comparing to those last-day applicants from the 6-7/10 ?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 08:15
With it being Columbus day I'd expect there may be zero notifications of any kind today.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 08:17
Allday028 wrote:
With it being Columbus day I'd expect there may be zero notifications of any kind today.

Did you get the interview invite via email or did you application page update as well to reflect your interview invite?
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 12 Oct 2015, 08:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap