Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
It seems that about 25% of the applicants to Booth in Gmat club have received invite to interview. According to a post few years ago, around 40% would be invited to interview in first round, so it seems that there is still hope, however it is becoming narrower each day that passes - let's keep positive. Best of luck everyone. Besides, Gmat club is not as representative because Gmat range is a little bit higher, so probably a bit more than 40% will receive invite… something to think about.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
R1Hopeful wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
Did everyone get email confirmations when they scheduled their interview? I think I might not be receiving emails from Booth so I figure I'll need to follow up to get my interview details.

Yeah I scheduled the interview and then got an email instantly.

When you say "scheduled," do you mean scheduling an on-campus interview? I have requested an off-campus interview, but have yet to receive any information/confirmation regarding it. I also did not receive the actual interview invite email, despite being invited 24 hours ago.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
halo wrote:
R1Hopeful wrote:
Allday028 wrote:
Did everyone get email confirmations when they scheduled their interview? I think I might not be receiving emails from Booth so I figure I'll need to follow up to get my interview details.

Yeah I scheduled the interview and then got an email instantly.

When you say "scheduled," do you mean scheduling an on-campus interview? I have requested an off-campus interview, but have yet to receive any information/confirmation regarding it. I also did not receive the actual interview invite email, despite being invited 24 hours ago.

I also never got the invite e-mail. I did however get a confirmation after I scheduled my on-campus interview. Also got a promo e-mail which began with "since you were invited for interview...".

I think there is indeed some kind of issue with mail system. Maybe the system does not send a message if it detects the candidate already found out about the interview by looking first at the application page.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Did you guys unsubcribe from Booth emails? It technically comes from the same address. So I don't know if it affects it. I was invited to interview and just unsubscribed today because they have been sending so many emails that I thought were important. Hoping I know don't get any communication.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
MBAAlex120 wrote:
Did you guys unsubcribe from Booth emails? It technically comes from the same address. So I don't know if it affects it. I was invited to interview and just unsubscribed today because they have been sending so many emails that I thought were important. Hoping I know don't get any communication.

I did not unsubscribe.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1547 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
Hi all you guy, you should probably check your status on the online system first. School is processing the email sent to you if you got interview invitation status. Although I did not apply this round, I wish all the best for you guy.

Be always staying positive!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Did anyone else request an off-campus interview? Is seems like a lot of people are doing an on-campus interview - is there some sort of benefit to interviewing on-campus that I'm not aware of? I already made an official school visit fwiw.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Just got the invite - phew!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Just got my invite. I can finally stop refreshing my email every 5 minutes. Best of luck everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Is it time to update my status to Ding, seeing almost everyone received an invite and it's only 2 days from 16th?
Anyone else waiting for an update?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [5]
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
So I called about the emails. I'm told that off campus you won't get any email until you are matched so don't worry about that. And if you didn't get an email about your interview it's because you checked the update online before the system sent out emails.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Dont underestimate how many lurkers there are. I'm still waiting.

Looks like only 21% have been invited thus far although I'm sure a couple didnt report.

They're still going to send out invites tomorrow and friday, someone mentioned last year that Friday was one of the heaviest invite dates.

My years as a sports fan have taught me its never over till its over.

Side question, do they actually send dings?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Still waiting too
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
got an invite

for those still waiting, the interview slots are Monday, October 19 - Friday, November 13, and one Saturday - November 7
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '18 (S)
Send PM
Has anyone received an invitation today (10/14)? I think I'm wearing out my ctrl+r.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
WE:Sales (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
received the invite this afternoon! keep hope alive everyone; ex-banker working in tech here...ivy undergrad
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Concentration: Marketing
WE:Sales (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
duchessarcher wrote:
Has anyone received an invitation today (10/14)? I think I'm wearing out my ctrl+r.

yes, i received one this afternoon at 1:56pm CST
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  61   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts