It is currently 19 Jan 2018, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Admission Consultant
S
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 60

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 23:53
TheMechanic wrote:
TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:

Invited to Interview, 7 hours ago, (4 am, Jan 6th) from India, GMAT:710 (Q49, V 39), GPA: 76% (Non-IIT, Non-NIT), Industry: IT, WE;75, Heard via: email (For a client)

And I assume this is R2 submission?

Yes... R2

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)

Interviewing soon? Connect for Unlimited Mock Interviews at your convenience, and preparation with Interview Questions.

Applying for Fall 2019? PM me your resume for a FREE detailed profile evaluation.

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953

Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS
We take PERSONAL interest in your success.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 00:20
Invited to Interview today. India, GMAT:710 (Q50, V 35), WE:60
The email said, Invited to interview "with a member of our admissions team". I have heard from people who had interviews with an alumni or 2nd year student. Does Tepper only allows an interview with admissions team or could that be a case for me?

Also, is it a disadvantage if I schedule my interview in February( dates are available in Jan ) ?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 23

Admission Consultant
S

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 00:29
anupama000 wrote:
Invited to Interview today. India, GMAT:710 (Q50, V 35), WE:60
The email said, Invited to interview "with a member of our admissions team". I have heard from people who had interviews with an alumni or 2nd year student. Does Tepper only allows an interview with admissions team or could that be a case for me?

Also, is it a disadvantage if I schedule my interview in February( dates are available in Jan ) ?

Depends on your preparation.
If you have never had Behavioral interviews earlier, you need time and multiple mock-sessions to practice.

While Tepper itself may or may not differentiate between candidates who interview early or late, for your own good we strongly suggest to interview as soon as (but no earlier than when) you are ready to answer questions confidently.

Feel free to connect with us for Mock-Interview Sessions.

Interviewing soon? Connect for Unlimited Mock Interviews at your convenience, and preparation with Interview Questions.

Applying for Fall 2019? PM me your resume for a FREE detailed profile evaluation.

Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS

Last edited by TheIvyLeagueEdge on 06 Jan 2018, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.

Invited to Interview
06 Jan, 2018
bepokerst90 GRE: 320, Q167, V155; WE: 70 months; Singapore; via Email
Invited to Interview
05 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 670, Q48, V34; GPA: 3.6; WE: 35 months; Germany; via Email
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 04:26
I got invited to attend the women's conference as well as interview.
Since I cannot attend I was invited to take up a Skype interview?

Does Tepper invite all it's candidates for interviews?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 17

Schools: Ross '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 05:26
Received interview invite. GMAT - 750 | 4 WE (Consulting +Startup) | India

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 06:01
Congratulations to all those who got invited. Did your application status change?. Mine still says awaiting admissions review?. I submitted my application in November.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Admission Consultant
S

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 08:45
namratann wrote:
I got invited to attend the women's conference as well as interview.
Since I cannot attend I was invited to take up a Skype interview?

Does Tepper invite all it's candidates for interviews?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

A Big NO..
All included, a little over half of the applicants get interviewed. There are no data available to verify the exact proportions interviewed. This is an educated guess.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 34

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 09:56
I submitted on 4th Jan and my status shows 'awaiting' against GMAT Score Report as well as 'Applications materials verified'.

I checked my GMAT Score report fulfilment confirmation again and it was certainly sent to Tepper on 27th Dec itself. It's possible that the GMAT Score report hasn't been verified yet (pending application processing), but I am curious if anyone else is having the same status? Looks like interview invitations are already being rolled out, so wanted to confirm.

All the best to everyone interviewing!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.1
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 10:41
DreamyEyed wrote:
I submitted on 4th Jan and my status shows 'awaiting' against GMAT Score Report as well as 'Applications materials verified'.

I checked my GMAT Score report fulfilment confirmation again and it was certainly sent to Tepper on 27th Dec itself. It's possible that the GMAT Score report hasn't been verified yet (pending application processing), but I am curious if anyone else is having the same status? Looks like interview invitations are already being rolled out, so wanted to confirm.

Same problem. My application status says it's waiting for my GMAT score, which I sent at the end of December. I thought it would be a sufficient time to arrive.
Tepper did emphasize punctuality in GMAT score report, so I'm slightly concerned as well. Fingers and toes crossed for both of us!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 11:10
msbae0308 wrote:
DreamyEyed wrote:

Same problem. My application status says it's waiting for my GMAT score, which I sent at the end of December. I thought it would be a sufficient time to arrive.
Tepper did emphasize punctuality in GMAT score report, so I'm slightly concerned as well. Fingers and toes crossed for both of us!

Now that we both have the same status, I am quite certain that it is a much more benign scenario - the application just not processed yet, hence the GMAT scores, not verified. I am a little wary about checking with the admissions team as they specifically mentioned this scenario in the Application Submission email. Let's wait for a day or two and then check, I would say.

All the best!

Invited to Interview
05 Jan, 2018
AKDC13 GMAT: 680, Q41, V43; GPA: 3.37; WE: 60 months; United States; via Email
Invited to Interview
05 Jan, 2018
lmrolim GMAT: 750, Q49, V44; GPA: 3.46; WE: 44 months; Brazil; via Email
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 05:30
himanshu04 wrote:
Congratulations to all those who got invited. Did your application status change?. Mine still says awaiting admissions review?. I submitted my application in November.

Mine has not changed and I was invited for an interview.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 05:38
TravisfromAUS wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:

The application status does not change until decision day. Good Luck!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 06:32
Submitted application on January 3rd, received invite to interview evening of January 5th. By the evening of January 6th, most of the time slots available in January were filled up so I am now doing a Skype interview on the 10th. Does anybody have any insight into the interview questions they ask? I have heard it is behavioral and that you should know your reason for going to bschool and your backup plan, like in the essay. Wondering if anyone had any additional info.

Invited to Interview
05 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 720, Q48, V41; GPA: 3.42; WE: 60 months; United States, NJ; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 09:18
jschwar1 wrote:
TravisfromAUS wrote:
himanshu04 wrote:

The application status does not change until decision day. Good Luck!

Just wanted to check, post-submission, one first receives a application submission confirmation email and then an application complete email, am I correct?

Invited to Interview
05 Jan, 2018
ECtransplant GMAT: 710, Q42, V45; GPA: 3.4; WE: 70 months; United States; via Email
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2018, 09:57

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 300 posts ] 

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap