[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "198_school_count"
Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Johnson - Page 35
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:22 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:22
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Did anyone apply for the Cornell 1+1 mba program. There’s no info available about the application process for 1+1 mba on the website. In the application portal also i didn’t see any option for 1+1 mba in the drop-down
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 2.68
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

Im in the middle of finisihing my essay before submitting on R2.
However, i want to make sure regarding the word limit.

does the goal statement essay must be less than 350 words?

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
Send PM
The goal statement is supposed to be 350 words or less
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.15
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mriduls95 wrote:
Did anyone apply for the Cornell 1+1 mba program. There’s no info available about the application process for 1+1 mba on the website. In the application portal also i didn’t see any option for 1+1 mba in the drop-down

It is the part of the application where you choose an intensive. It’s mainly done on campus during semester 1 so as of now no need to worry. Same application for both
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q165 V157
GPA: 8.26
Send PM
Hi, has anybody here received LOR’s from clients? Especially people working in family owned businesses? How do you think adcom perceives it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
yeshn wrote:
Hi, has anybody here received LOR’s from clients? Especially people working in family owned businesses? How do you think adcom perceives it?

Yes, I am using a client as a recommender. I talk to admissions committee and they are okay with it. They care more about the depth of the LOR
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey all, I’m applying for Round 2 I’m from India anyone who got an admit and scholarships if you can share some suggestions or insights that will be helpful to make my profile strong. Also, im emailing the university for application waiver. Do they waive it off and there are virtual events happening before the deadline?

there are no virtual events *

Also, happy new year everyone, keep smiling!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Syed1234 wrote:
Hey all, I’m applying for Round 2 I’m from India anyone who got an admit and scholarships if you can share some suggestions or insights that will be helpful to make my profile strong. Also, im emailing the university for application waiver. Do they waive it off and there are virtual events happening before the deadline?

Depends on your own demographics as I do have clients in from overrepresented and underrepresented pools but the requirements for both categories is different even though both technically qualify as underserved
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Got it, thanks! Could you share insights into these clubs’ initiatives aligning with Cornell’s commitment to positive impact? This information will greatly assist me in framing my application essay about contributing meaningfully to the elite MBA community. Thank you for your time and guidance.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Syed1234 wrote:
Got it, thanks! Could you share insights into these clubs’ initiatives aligning with Cornell’s commitment to positive impact? This information will greatly assist me in framing my application essay about contributing meaningfully to the elite MBA community. Thank you for your time and guidance.

That would be a topic best answered by a Cornell student because I usually suggest something we call- "Resource rule" to help you draft those things in the ways adcom find appealing and it will play a greater role

If you are asking my personal opinion. Quote me on this if you must- "To my perception, all the "positive impact" initiatives are just an equivalent of a company doing CSR (Helps with reputation). But when it comes to real positive impact- common sense dictates that they can fool someone else coz they sure aren’t fooling a fly on me. To those who have been admitted- Congratulations. Feel free to ask for any advice on getting more money out of them, we have a lot of people who have benefitted from scholarship negotiation tactics. Now that is a real positive impact. You make more money! ;) :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I applied for the GMAT/GRE Waiver, 2 weeks back. I got an e-mail an hour back, they have approved my request. Fingers crossed, although things are capricious let's be positive.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q165 V157
GPA: 8.26
Send PM
mitulbgd wrote:
Yes, I am using a client as a recommender. I talk to admissions committee and they are okay with it. They care more about the depth of the LOR

Thank you very much for the reply
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q85 V81 DI80
GMAT 1: 670 Q51 V28
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Is there any chance to get application fee waiver?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey everyone, If my future plans are to have a startup, what should I write in the future company name?

like long term company name
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74327 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mandy001 wrote:
Hey everyone, If my future plans are to have a startup, what should I write in the future company name?

I guess you can write Start up or new venture if you’re putting start up into your goals and essays.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
They are actually asking for the company name -should i simply write startup?

In 5-10 years post-MBA my goal is to work as a(n) ____Role____ at ____Company____ in the ____Industry____ industry.

they want you to fill the blank here
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74327 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
If you are planning on putting that you want to start a company in your goals then yes, I would suggest putting start up or something along those lines instead of an actual name. However, if you have a name for the company you’re planning to start you can say I’m planning to work as the founder and president of AI Star company… Something along those lines.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37  ...  80   
Moderator:
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
3 posts