GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 01:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 11:48
Received an invite as well. So now just booking my travel out to Charlottesville. Good luck to all.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Consulting (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 14:27
Tmchck86 wrote:
IRBunny wrote:
I see posts like above and wonder why I put myself through the torture of joining the forum :cry:

Don't forget that Darden does rolling invitations! It doesn't mean anything that you haven't heard back yet!

Yup, I know they invite until December. That was my point, especially with Darden, until I get an invite or a ding, its going to be a looong ride following the Darden board.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 14:42
bradical213 wrote:
Received an invite as well. So now just booking my travel out to Charlottesville. Good luck to all.

Is your status updated or does it still say "submitted"?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 14:53
private345 wrote:
bradical213 wrote:

Is your status updated or does it still say "submitted"?

Still says "submitted"
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 16:51
Has anyone heard yet from the Jefferson Fellowship?

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 17:07
SilverBull wrote:

Still nothing for me. I am getting anxious
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.39
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 22:12
SilverBull wrote:

I've heard nothing from Jefferson. I also received my invite to interview in Charlottesville. Debating to waiting until the end of the week to schedule just in case Jefferson get's back in time. Since we have ten days to schedule interviews.

See my debrief below:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/770-q49-v47-6-0-awa-on-my-first-try-debrief-132303.html

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:00
Any idea when will the results be released by Darden for the 1st round?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:02
abhiwad wrote:

December 16th is the official date for round 1 decisions listed on their website.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:06
bradical213 wrote:
abhiwad wrote:

December 16th is the official date for round 1 decisions listed on their website.

Any idea by when will they send the final interview invites? This wait is just killing..

Do they send any notification on the timelines?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:13
abhiwad wrote:
bradical213 wrote:
abhiwad wrote:

Any idea by when will they send the final interview invites? This wait is just killing..

All I know is what I've heard, which is that invites can come at any time during the process all the way through the first week of December. For those of us new to pocess I feel like that sounds like just a nice thing they say to make us feel good, but apparently no, its true, interview invites come throughout the process.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:23

Do they send any notification on the timelines?[/quote]

All I know is what I've heard, which is that invites can come at any time during the process all the way through the first week of December. For those of us new to pocess I feel like that sounds like just a nice thing they say to make us feel good, but apparently no, its true, interview invites come throughout the process.

Best of luck![/quote]

So then, if they contact you on November 25th, do you have to be there on the like 28th or something? That seems like a fast turnaround
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:34
mickeydees wrote:

Best of luck![/quote]

So then, if they contact you on November 25th, do you have to be there on the like 28th or something? That seems like a fast turnaround[/quote]

Yeah good point. Not sure. Good bet may be to pour through the thread from last year and see if it sheds any light.

I will say when I scheduled my visit I was shown only a few options so seems like they were definitely reserving dates for future rounds of invites. And who knows maybe they do expect you to make a three day turnaround! After all they already require on campus, which is tough for a west coaster like me mid week!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 12:43
AK_X3 wrote:
SilverBull wrote:

I've heard nothing from Jefferson. I also received my invite to interview in Charlottesville. Debating to waiting until the end of the week to schedule just in case Jefferson get's back in time. Since we have ten days to schedule interviews.

Got my ding for the Jefferson Fellowship. Text is below. Don't really care after another poster on this forum pointed out (and I verified) that only 1 or 2 students even get the award. Less waste of time for me in an already expensive and draining process. Had I known that only 1 or 2 get the fellowship, I would have likely not applied.

Dear SilverBull:

On behalf of all of us here at the Jefferson Scholars Foundation, I want to thank you for your interest in the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and for taking the time to apply for the Jefferson Fellowship.

Unfortunately, we are not able to extend invitations to all applicants of the Darden Jefferson Fellowship, and the selection committee had a particularly difficult time making the final decisions. In light of this, I especially regret to inform you that we are not able to invite you to attend the final round of the competition for the Darden Jefferson Fellowship.

This was the largest and most competitive pool of applicants considered for the Darden Jefferson Fellowship, and you should not take this outcome to represent a negative assessment of your accomplishments or experience. The selection committee was impressed with your credentials and greatly enjoyed learning about your accomplishments, interests, and anecdotes regarding professional feedback.

Indeed, all of us want to encourage you in every way to remain interested in the Darden School of Business. The results of the Jefferson Fellowship in no way impact your candidacy for admission to the Darden School, and I encourage you to visit to learn more about the wealth of unique opportunities and other scholarships available to full-time MBA students.

I wish you the best of luck as you pursue your graduate studies and do not hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

All the best,

Benjamin B. Skipper
Director, Undergraduate and Graduate Programs

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.7
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 12:44
SilverBull wrote:
AK_X3 wrote:
SilverBull wrote:

Got my ding for the Jefferson Fellowship. Text is below. Don't really care after another poster on this forum pointed out (and I verified) that only 1 or 2 students even get the award. Less waste of time for me in an already expensive and draining process. Had I known that only 1 or 2 get the fellowship, I would have likely not applied.

Dear SilverBull:

On behalf of all of us here at the Jefferson Scholars Foundation, I want to thank you for your interest in the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and for taking the time to apply for the Jefferson Fellowship.

Unfortunately, we are not able to extend invitations to all applicants of the Darden Jefferson Fellowship, and the selection committee had a particularly difficult time making the final decisions. In light of this, I especially regret to inform you that we are not able to invite you to attend the final round of the competition for the Darden Jefferson Fellowship.

This was the largest and most competitive pool of applicants considered for the Darden Jefferson Fellowship, and you should not take this outcome to represent a negative assessment of your accomplishments or experience. The selection committee was impressed with your credentials and greatly enjoyed learning about your accomplishments, interests, and anecdotes regarding professional feedback.

Indeed, all of us want to encourage you in every way to remain interested in the Darden School of Business. The results of the Jefferson Fellowship in no way impact your candidacy for admission to the Darden School, and I encourage you to visit to learn more about the wealth of unique opportunities and other scholarships available to full-time MBA students.

I wish you the best of luck as you pursue your graduate studies and do not hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

All the best,

Benjamin B. Skipper
Director, Undergraduate and Graduate Programs

Ditto, same email here.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 12:50
Got a ding by Jefferson as well! High Five!

Fk I don't even want to go there anymore lol without a full scholarships, having to live in Charlottesville....ugh. Well I still want an interview and see what they offer I guess.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GRE 1: Q168 V168
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 13:13
I got invited to the interview round for the Jefferson Fellowship!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 13:20
whiteraven2205 wrote:
I got invited to the interview round for the Jefferson Fellowship!

Congrats buddy!

760 GMAT
3.96 GPA

you deserve it! if I knew I was going to be competing with people like you I would not even have wasted my time LOL congrats again!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 13:26
Just got an invitation to interview for the Jefferson Scholarship as well! Does anyone have any idea how many people are invited to the selection weekend?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GRE 1: Q168 V168
GPA: 3.96
WE: Research (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 14:07
CBTX2016 wrote:
Just got an invitation to interview for the Jefferson Scholarship as well! Does anyone have any idea how many people are invited to the selection weekend?

Congrats! I have no idea how many are selected, but I feel very fortunate to have been. Do you have any info on the case presentation they mentioned in the invitation email? I wonder if it's something we will have a chance to prepare beforehand or if it's something done on the spot.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 27 Oct 2015, 14:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29    Next  [ 565 posts ] 

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: rohan2345, Amaranth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap