GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 23:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 14:48
I posited when I first received the invite to apply for the Fellowship that it was just a ploy to get high GMATers to apply to Darden when they otherwise wouldn't (focusing on H/S/W and Booth). After learning that statistically nobody gets the Fellowship, I'm certain it's just a ploy. Pretty brilliant actually.

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 16:50
SilverBull wrote:
I posited when I first received the invite to apply for the Fellowship that it was just a ploy to get high GMATers to apply to Darden when they otherwise wouldn't (focusing on H/S/W and Booth). After learning that statistically nobody gets the Fellowship, I'm certain it's just a ploy. Pretty brilliant actually.

Somebodies gotta get it right?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Business Development (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 00:04
Any Indian applicant with an interview invite?
Current Student
B
Schools: Darden '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 00:23
The second wave of invitations was 4 days after the first one according to 2015 thread. We may expect another wave this week.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 04:38
Still haven't got an invite :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 05:48
For those with an invite when did you apply? I'm hoping the first round of invites went to people who applied well in advance of the deadline...
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Ross '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.52
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 06:09
Hoopaloops wrote:
For those with an invite when did you apply? I'm hoping the first round of invites went to people who applied well in advance of the deadline...

A couple days before the deadline. I don't know if that matters too much. There are a ton of different ways they could go through the list - last name, randomly, when started your application, etc.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 06:38
I got an invite for the Darden Fellowhsip selection weekend as well.

If three of us are on this board, I wonder how many MBA students they are inviting? Regardless, I'm excited to go, and look forward to meeting you all. See ya in 3-ish weeks. :-D
Manager
Manager
2016 Forté MBALaunch for Women  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 07:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: 2016 Forté MBALaunch for Women
Darden is proud to be a founding member of the Forté Foundation, an organization committed to helping more women pursue business leadership roles. If you are planning to enroll in an MBA program in Fall 2017, we invite you to learn more about the Forté MBALaunch for Women.

Forté MBALaunch for Women is a 10-month program that will provide you with guidance, resources and ongoing support in the MBA application process. The program includes a one-day launch event, monthly webinars, peer group meetings and feedback from experienced advisors.

This year, the program’s host cities are Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, London, New York, Toronto and Washington DC.

Kick-off dates begin in January 2016, but the application is currently open. The application deadlines are:

Round 1: 1 November 2015 (Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC

Round 2: 8 November 2015 (Boston, Houston, London, Toronto)

Final: 15 November 2015 (All cities)

Learn more about all the benefits of Forté MBALaunch for Women and complete your application here.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 08:45
Phoenix2015 wrote:
Any Indian applicant with an interview invite?

Hi Dude..

I am an Indian applicant and I havent't received one yet.. So, no worries.. You are not alone swimming the waiting sea..
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 16:35
Congratulations to all those who got interview invites and good luck to the rest!!

Second Darden live chat session is on November 05, Thursday, in which applicants can ask their questions to Kristan Egan, Darden Admission Director, in our chat room. Details of the event are below.

Date: November 05, 2015.
Time: 8 AM Pacific Time
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
Guest Post: Darden Academy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 06:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Guest Post: Darden Academy
In today’s post, Lauren Berger (MBA ’17) tells us more about her experiences thus far with Darden Academy, a learning enrichment program that was introduced this fall for First Year students.

This year, Darden started a new program – Darden Academy.  Once a week, in lieu of normal class time, faculty teach specialized classes that supplement our normal curriculum.  Darden Academy is an opportunity for students to delve deeper.  Each week, the academy offers around four classes.  One is normally a supplement to our normal classes, and the other three tend to be about current events or developing practical skills.

For example, as someone coming from a nontraditional background, using the software Crystal Ball in Decision Analysis was a bit beyond me.  Darden Academy offered multiple classes to help me and many others in the class solidify skills we learned in class.  But I also took Darden Academy classes that piqued my interest outside of class.  With the debates leading up to the 2016 Presidential Election occurring throughout the fall, my Accounting professor Mary Margaret Frank led a session on tax policy and how it relates closely to the presidential election and the theater of politics.  There was also a panel on the European migration crisis and workshops based on trends in business.  And in true Darden fashion of looking out for us students, there have also been workshops on our wellbeing.  Professor Lili Powell, also a certified yoga teacher, led multiple sessions on meditation and relaxation.

One of the reasons why I enjoy Darden Academy is it offers me the opportunity to explore interests outside of the classroom.  Plus, it represents what I feel is a very large part of the Darden community: faculty and the administration listening to students’ needs.  Whether it’s holding sessions on current subjects students are interested in or taking time for ourselves, Darden Academy is a great supplement to the traditional MBA program.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 06:07
Have not received an invite yet, this is not good lol
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 11:16
sperry2 wrote:

If three of us are on this board, I wonder how many MBA students they are inviting? Regardless, I'm excited to go, and look forward to meeting you all. See ya in 3-ish weeks. :-D

I got an invite to the Darden Fellowship days as well! Do you know how many were invited? I also haven't been contacted by the University about admissions/interview. Do you need to hear form both?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 10:31
I was crossing my fingers there would be a second wave today. I feel like I'm in the doctors office waiting for a diagnosis. Any news from anyone?
BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 10:34
Nothing here from Canada that I am aware of lol
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 10:36
Not received: Indian
Intern
Intern
Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Nov 2015, 21:11
mickeydees wrote:
sperry2 wrote:

I got an invite to the Darden Fellowship days as well! Do you know how many were invited? I also haven't been contacted by the University about admissions/interview. Do you need to hear form both?

**IGNORE**I asked, and yes, they are separate processes, so you need to hear from both. Apparently if you do get an "admissions invite," they can combine it into the Jefferson weekend.

Unfortunately I still haven't heard about an admissions interview... my plan is to wait a few days for a possible invite, then call the admissions office and explain my situation. I can't make two trips to Charlottesville so it will be interesting trying to figure this out.
**IGNORE**

EDIT: This post is wrong. They told me that if I attend Jefferson weekend, they'll arrange an admissions invite, but if I don't attend, I'll have to wait for a separate invite.

Originally posted by Andy7207 on 30 Oct 2015, 18:16.
Last edited by Andy7207 on 05 Nov 2015, 21:11, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 09:58
Dinged for the fellowship and nothing yet on the invite front either... Oy
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 10:08
Your chance of getting the Jefferson Fellowship: 0.04%

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 31 Oct 2015, 10:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29    Next  [ 565 posts ] 

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: rohan2345, Amaranth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap