GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2018, 10:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Mindful MBA

November 13, 2018

November 13, 2018

12:00 PM AST

01:00 PM AST

Join us Nov. 13, 12 PM ET for the Mindfulness Series, Fall 2018 - Energize. The final session of a three-part series.
  • 4 Steps to a 5 Star Recommendation

November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018

10:00 AM MST

11:00 AM MST

Nov. 14, 9 AM PST. Donna Bauman, Senior MBA Admissions Counselor and Lisa Cummings, MBA Admissions Counselor at Stratus have read tens of THOUSANDS of MBA recommendations during their time on top MBA admissions committees.

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Upcoming Diversity Webinars  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 08:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Upcoming Diversity Webinars
We are kicking off December with a series of webinars all about diversity at Darden. Please join us for any or all of the following webinars — they are a great opportunity to ask questions, interact with current students, and learn more about the Darden experience from all different points of view.

African Students at Darden

Thursday, 3 December 2015

1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.

Register Here

Join Second Year students from the Darden African Business Organization (DABO) for a Q&A session about what it is like to be a part of the community at Darden and in Charlottesville, VA. The students will share their experiences with  resources, organizations and conferences that are designed to promote the success of African professionals in business. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

LGBT Students at Darden

Friday, 4 December 2015

Register Here

In this Q&A session with current Darden students, learn about what it is like to be a part of the Darden, U.Va, and Charlottesville communities from the perspective of LGBT students and allies. Our Pride at Darden (PAD) Second Year students will discuss Darden’s LGBT community, as well as share LGBT-friendly opportunities in student clubs, organizations, and conferences. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

Black Students at Darden

Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Register Here

Join a panel of Second Year Darden students from the Black Business Student Forum (BBSF) for a Q&A session about what it is like to be a part of the community at Darden, U.Va, and in Charlottesville, VA. The students will share their experiences with resources, organizations, and conferences that are designed to encourage the success of black professionals in business. This is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

Women at Darden

Tuesday, 9 December 2015

Register Here

Join us for a webinar hosted by students in Darden’s Graduate Women in Business (GWIB) club. These students will talk about what it is like to be a part of community at Darden, U.Va, and in Charlottesville, VA, and will share their experiences with resources, organizations, and conferences that are designed to support the success of women professionals in business. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

Hispanic Students at Darden

Thursday, 10 December 2015

Register Here

Join us for a Q&A session with a panel of Hispanic Second Year students about what it is like to be a part of the communities at Darden, at U.Va, and in Charlottesville, VA. The students will discuss their experiences with Hispanic-focused clubs, organizations, and conferences at Darden and in the greater MBA community. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great chance to learn from current students.

Military Students at Darden

Friday, 11 December 2015

Register Here

You are invited to a Q&A panel session with Darden Military Association (DMA) Second Year students. You’ll hear about what it is like to be a part of the Darden, U.Va, and Charlottesville communities from the perspective of a veteran. The students will also discuss their experiences with clubs, organizations, and support at Darden and in the greater MBA community. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great chance to learn from current students.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.34
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 00:23
Thanks for sharing your interview experiences guys. I had my interview done a couple of days back over skype with an ad-com. Was very lighthearted and conversational. The interview was blind(ad-com had access not even to my resume). The questions were - Tell me about yourself for around 10 min(she interjected a couple of times to ask specific questions reg. my experiences), Have you had global exposure, Tell me the challenges you faced when you managed a team, Does your work involve cross functional collaboration and how, Why Darden, Any questions for me.. :)
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 05:29
bradical213 wrote:
Had interview today. On campus but with second year student. As described by others... blind, not even a resume. Tell your story, answer questions about why Darden, example of teamwork, example of conflict resolution, how would you be involved in school, etc.

Also had a class visit, and was very impressed by the professor. Definitely a unique culture at Darden, I highly recommend a visit for any who can swing it, as it may be a great fit for some and perhaps not for others.

Best of luck to all!

Are we expected to bring any materials?
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 08:22
Its appropriate that I post my experience since others have posted theirs.

Indian. Bangalore. Alum Interview. ex-Mckinsey.
One of the most intelligent guys I have come across in my life.

Mine started with tell me about yourself. By the second sentence we started meandering into other topics like politics, business, political science, technology and some amount of B school folklore. By the time we came back to the original thread, an hour had passed.After that he spoke about his Darden experience.

He ended the interview with "You have a lot of insights". Really jovial guy. One of those genuinely good fellows who will make you feel good about yourself after coming across them and extremely knowledgeable. Really speaks volumes about the Darden community. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 11:07
Congrats to those of you who got invited to interview. Could one of you share how the invitations were sent out? Did you receive an email or was there an update on your application portal?
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2015, 05:50
hiajit wrote:
Congrats to those of you who got invited to interview. Could one of you share how the invitations were sent out? Did you receive an email or was there an update on your application portal?

E-mail.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2015, 16:38
My interview experience was very similar to indraban - had a fantastic conversation with my alumni interviewer. I felt like I was able to showcase my background sufficiently, and demonstrate my critical thinking skills. Questions to prep for:

- Tell me about your background.
- Why MBA, why Darden, why now?
- What have you done to find out more about Darden?
- What do you think about... / Why did you decide to do...? (Got 2-3 questions like this on current affairs, my background, application process)
- How would you be involved at Darden?
- What do you consider your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness?
- What are your interests?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 10:01
Very weird that no more interview invites came out
Last ones came a week ago on Monday
No clue whether invites are over or there is still a hope
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 11:49
Dsw wrote:
Very weird that no more interview invites came out
Last ones came a week ago on Monday
No clue whether invites are over or there is still a hope

I have been having some trouble with my email lately. Has anyone reached out to the admissions teams to verify if there is an alternative (such as the site being updated) in case an email is not recieved. Hope someone else has reached out to Darden admissions with a similar query. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 16:27
Hey Guys..

Should I still expect getting an Interview Invite or should I give up and move ahead. I did see in Darden Website that invites will be sent till last min . But that sounds pretty dramatic to me. I see few Indian guys already done with their interviews.
Manager
Manager
Just Announced: Native American Students at Darden Webinar  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 13:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Just Announced: Native American Students at Darden Webinar
We are hosting another Diversity Webinar next Wednesday, 2 December. We hope you’ll join us!

Native American Students at Darden

Wednesday, 2 December 2015

1:30 p.m. — 2:30 p.m.

Register Here

Join current Native American Darden students for a Q&A panel about what it is like to be a part of the Darden, U.Va, and Charlottesville communities. The students will also discuss their experiences with clubs, organizations, and support at Darden and in the greater MBA community. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great chance to learn from current students.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 21:36
mahesh19 wrote:
Hey Guys..

Should I still expect getting an Interview Invite or should I give up and move ahead. I did see in Darden Website that invites will be sent till last min . But that sounds pretty dramatic to me. I see few Indian guys already done with their interviews.

i wouldn't give up hope yet. i got an invite via email this afternoon
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 07:14
jmnxp wrote:
mahesh19 wrote:
Hey Guys..

i wouldn't give up hope yet. i got an invite via email this afternoon

Isn't it still in the morning even on the east coast in the US LOL?
BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2015, 08:35
Very quiet week lol
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2015, 23:28
Any new invites this week? Hope left?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 09:11
When I was invited to interview, there was only one date available. I called to see if there were any other dates and was told that they want all interviews completed by December 4 so that everyone can be considered for a scholarship.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 10:34
Thanks for the info jmnxp

All interviews done by this Friday? This is getting more and more ridiculous lol if they are inviting roughly the same percentage of applicants from last year, they will almost have to interview double the amount of people in the next 4 days LOLOLOL really amazing how they are so boss
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 12:24
Interviewed last Monday.

Tell me about yourself.
Why MBA?/Why Darden?/long-term goals.

Interview lasted about 30 minutes, with a 15 minute Q&A.

Friendly, conversational. Enjoyed meeting the other applicants as well. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Reminder: Diversity Webinars  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 14:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Reminder: Diversity Webinars
Don’t forget to join us for one of our upcoming webinars. This week and next, you’ll be able to participate in a Q&A with current Darden students to learn more about their experiences. See below for a schedule and to register.

Native American Students at Darden

Wednesday, 2 December 2015

1:30 p.m. — 2:30 p.m.

Register Here

Join current Native American Darden students for a Q&A panel about what it is like to be a part of the Darden, U.Va, and Charlottesville communities. The students will also discuss their experiences with clubs, organizations, and support at Darden and in the greater MBA community. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great chance to learn from current students.

African Students at Darden

Thursday, 3 December 2015

Register Here

Join Second Year students from the Darden African Business Organization (DABO) for a Q&A session about what it is like to be a part of the community at Darden and in Charlottesville, VA. The students will share their experiences with  resources, organizations and conferences that are designed to promote the success of African professionals in business. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

LGBT Students at Darden

Friday, 4 December 2015

Register Here

In this Q&A session with current Darden students, learn about what it is like to be a part of the Darden, U.Va, and Charlottesville communities from the perspective of LGBT students and allies. Our Pride at Darden (PAD) Second Year students will discuss Darden’s LGBT community, as well as share LGBT-friendly opportunities in student clubs, organizations, and conferences. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

Black Students at Darden

Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Register Here

Join a panel of Second Year Darden students from the Black Business Student Forum (BBSF) for a Q&A session about what it is like to be a part of the community at Darden, U.Va, and in Charlottesville, VA. The students will share their experiences with resources, organizations, and conferences that are designed to encourage the success of black professionals in business. This is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

Women at Darden

Wednesday, 9 December 2015

CURRENTLY FULL

Join us for a webinar hosted by students in Darden’s Graduate Women in Business (GWIB) club. These students will talk about what it is like to be a part of community at Darden, U.Va, and in Charlottesville, VA, and will share their experiences with resources, organizations, and conferences that are designed to support the success of women professionals in business. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great opportunity to learn from current students.

Hispanic Students at Darden

Thursday, 10 December 2015

Register Here

Join us for a Q&A session with a panel of Hispanic Second Year students about what it is like to be a part of the communities at Darden, at U.Va, and in Charlottesville, VA. The students will discuss their experiences with Hispanic-focused clubs, organizations, and conferences at Darden and in the greater MBA community. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great chance to learn from current students.

Military Students at Darden

Friday, 11 December 2015

Register Here

You are invited to a Q&A panel session with Darden Military Association (DMA) Second Year students. You’ll hear about what it is like to be a part of the Darden, U.Va, and Charlottesville communities from the perspective of a veteran. The students will also discuss their experiences with clubs, organizations, and support at Darden and in the greater MBA community. Come prepared with questions, as this is a great chance to learn from current students.

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 05:38
Funny how they keep coming up with all the events yet they sent out near 0 interview notifications in the past 2 weeks.

Still got three days let's see if they can pull the magic lol
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 02 Dec 2015, 05:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  29    Next  [ 565 posts ] 

Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap