Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
newfish wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
ArielH08 wrote:
How was the interview? Did it feel more formal or casual?

Very casual

Hi can you please post the questions that were asked. And please provide more details as to how long was the interview, who took it, your feeling after the interview etc.
It would be really helpful for folks following this thread :)

In interviewed last year in Durham, not able to travel this year so have asked for an invitation to interview.

The interview in Durham is typically with a SY student. It lasts around 45 minutes, with about 5-10 minutes for questions. It is very conversational, questions typically are the standard you would expect. Posting questions I can remember from last year.

1. Walk me through your profile.
2. Why do you want to do an MBA?
3. What are your goals post-MBA?
3. Why do you want to come to Duke?
4. Talk about one significant leadership experience.
5. What is the professional achievement you are proud of?
6. Describe one difficult situation you had to handle.
7. What are the top 3 leadership qualities according to you?
8. Talk about one difficult employee you had to deal with.
9. Who has been your most favorite manager and why?

Most of these are standard, except for the last one. It took me a while to come up with that answer, but I think overall it was a good interview.

Hoping it goes better this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

All interviews are conducted in English by an admissions staff member, alumnus, or Admissions Fellow (select second-year MBA student).
Interviews generally last 30 - 45 minutes.
Appropriate attire is business casual.
Bring a one-page resume to the interview.
Interviewers will have a copy of your resume, but no other portion of your application file.
Common questions and answers about interviews are posted within the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Is the attire really business casual? I have read several times that all B-school interviews should be suit & tie.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
AdmitJA wrote:
ArielH08 wrote:
How was the interview? Did it feel more formal or casual?

Very casual

Hey Joseph, I have my on-campus interview coming up. Did you wear full suit and tie or business casual? Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I would suggest go for full suit and tie. I haven't seen anyone wear business casuals. Err on the side of caution, instead of underdressing.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was suited. Most of the guys were only wearing a shirt or a shurt/tie or shirt/suite without tie. Very few of us were fully suited.
runNYC07 wrote:
Hey Joseph, I have my on-campus interview coming up. Did you wear full suit and tie or business casual? Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
newfish wrote:
Hi can you please post the questions that were asked. And please provide more details as to how long was the interview, who took it, your feeling after the interview etc.
It would be really helpful for folks following this thread :)

It was all the standard questions. I would strongly recommend everyone to go they've this repository: https://blog.clearadmit.com/category/interview-reports/.

Let me try my best to recollect all the conversation:
1. The sy student called out my name at the lounge where all prospects were sitting and busy talking to FY students.
2. Greeting each other we went to a room close by.
3. She had read my resume and had made notes on it. She told me that she'll be making a lot if notes during the next 45 minutes and that I wouldn't worry about it.
4. She introduced herself and II did so too.
5. She said my story and need for a MBA made perfect sense.
6. She said her brother tried entrepreneurship like me and felt that he wouldn't be able to be a part of a structured learning environment and asked me what I thought about it.
7. She asked me what I thought of as a good leadership style and asked me to share what type of a leader I think I'm.
8. Why Duke
9. A challenging team work experience
10. What makes me nervous
11. Which round I was applying in
12. Anything I wish to say that she didn't ask
13. Questions for her

Feeling during and after the "conversation" was like any other conversation with a friend. It was very simple and friendly.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Business Casual should be fine. Anything more is for you to feel more confident - if at all.

Best wishes.

runNYC07 wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:

All interviews are conducted in English by an admissions staff member, alumnus, or Admissions Fellow (select second-year MBA student).
Interviews generally last 30 - 45 minutes.
Appropriate attire is business casual.
Bring a one-page resume to the interview.
Interviewers will have a copy of your resume, but no other portion of your application file.
Common questions and answers about interviews are posted within the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Is the attire really business casual? I have read several times that all B-school interviews should be suit & tie.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
I would suggest go for full suit and tie. I haven't seen anyone wear business casuals. Err on the side of caution, instead of underdressing.

I errored on the side of caution with business formal with my interview, but there are plenty of folks who interviewed in business casual. From an insider perspective, I know that you will not get docked points if you show up in business casual (dress shirt & pants, no tie). We want you to be comfortable during your interview, so which ever dress code you choose is fine.

As a student, I wore whatever I wanted to class. The only times I dressed up was for corporate presentations and interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Late post but submitted my EA app. Live on the west coast and in Canada. Haven't heard anything back yet (account created and it says "application complete' and all that).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Did anyone hear for ED interview yet?
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
rjt90 wrote:

One more day to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
rjt90 wrote:

No news is good news!

:lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Fuqua Serves During Fifth Annual Stop Hunger Now Event
On September 25, Fuqua Friday was transformed from simply a social gathering to an event with a social impact. Over 400 members of the Fuqua community convened in the Fox Center to take part in the school’s largest community service event of the year, where in less than one hour volunteers packed over 50,000 meals for those in need!

Stop Hunger Now, in its fifth year at Fuqua, is a unique, annual event bringing all of the Fuqua family together for a cause that provides thousands of meals to people in need throughout the globe. As the largest event held by the MBA Association (MBAA) Service Committee, Stop Hunger Now draws participants from the Daytime, Cross Continent, and Weekend Executive MBA programs, our MMS student body, Fuqua faculty and staff, and Fuqua partners.  Meals packed during the event will go to individuals in areas affected by natural disasters and political crises, which in the past have included Haiti, Syria, and El Salvador.

The Stop Hunger Now event, driven in partnership with the Raleigh-based nonprofit of the same name, is the largest on-campus service event of the year, and introduces new members of the Fuqua community to the many opportunities to participate in service activities, both on and off campus, throughout the year. As a flagship event for the MBAA, Stop Hunger Now is one of the most impactful, and consistently most popular Fuqua Friday events of the year, and is a great representation of the principles of Team Fuqua and the social impact that can be made by leaders of consequence.

The post Fuqua Serves During Fifth Annual Stop Hunger Now Event appeared first on Duke MBA Student Blog.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1219 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Any one..Any updates?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
JusTLucK04 wrote:
Any one..Any updates?

I think we should hear sometime before 11:59 PM EST on 29th. That's what the official website says. Few more hours, hold on everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Last year's invites (as per the thread) came out around 12-1 PM EST. So keep checking that portal guys around that time guys.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
All - Fuqua's website says the interview shortlist is going to be out by "Sept. 29, 2015 Midnight (ET). Does this mean by 11:59 PM EST on 28th or 29th ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  46   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts