Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If you want to see more schools and their welcome gifts, check out the following topic https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-swag-gi ... 69352.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Im on waitlist and have just got the below email:

On behalf of our entire Admissions team, I wanted to follow up with you regarding your current waitlist status at Duke. We recognize that being on the waitlist is an uncertain place to be, so I want to answer a few frequently asked questions about the waitlist and provide you with some additional resources.

The waitlist is a selective process at Duke, and we only choose candidates for the waitlist that we believe have the potential to be a strong member of our community. Once you confirm your spot on the waitlist on your student portal, the Admissions Committee will review your application with each subsequent round of applications. On the published decision release date for each round, you will be notified of your waitlist status, which may be to remain on the waitlist, to receive admission, or to be released from the waitlist. Our goal is to give all candidates a final decision as quickly as possible to allow for you to make your plans for next year.

The chances of being admitted from the waitlist vary from year to year, and depend on many factors, including the number of applications we receive and how many people accept their offers of admission in each round. We admit future Fuqua students from the waitlist throughout the year. In fact, about 15% of our first-year class are students who were admitted from the waitlist!

One of the best pieces of advice I can give is to stay in touch with our team. You will hear from us from time to time, but you are always welcome to call or email a member of the admissions staff.

Anyone else as well got it?
yes

I got it too

4% of people clear waitlist according to e- gmat

Originally posted by Ranforce7 on 14 Mar 2023, 11:32.
Last edited by Ranforce7 on 14 Mar 2023, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Ver23 wrote:

Me too
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 695
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Ver23 wrote:
Im on waitlist and have just got the below email:

On behalf of our entire Admissions team, I wanted to follow up with you regarding your current waitlist status at Duke. We recognize that being on the waitlist is an uncertain place to be, so I want to answer a few frequently asked questions about the waitlist and provide you with some additional resources.

The waitlist is a selective process at Duke, and we only choose candidates for the waitlist that we believe have the potential to be a strong member of our community. Once you confirm your spot on the waitlist on your student portal, the Admissions Committee will review your application with each subsequent round of applications. On the published decision release date for each round, you will be notified of your waitlist status, which may be to remain on the waitlist, to receive admission, or to be released from the waitlist. Our goal is to give all candidates a final decision as quickly as possible to allow for you to make your plans for next year.

The chances of being admitted from the waitlist vary from year to year, and depend on many factors, including the number of applications we receive and how many people accept their offers of admission in each round. We admit future Fuqua students from the waitlist throughout the year. In fact, about 15% of our first-year class are students who were admitted from the waitlist!

One of the best pieces of advice I can give is to stay in touch with our team. You will hear from us from time to time, but you are always welcome to call or email a member of the admissions staff.

I didnt :/

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
headofthetable wrote:
I didnt :/ Posted from my mobile device

You still didn’t get this email? I would assume they would send this to all those waitlisted.
Fuqua Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Nikhil wrote:
You still didn’t get this email? I would assume they would send this to all those waitlisted.

only R2 applicants who got waitlisted would receive this one, Nikhil. The EA and R1 candidates who are still on the waitlist received another email, stating "your decision status remains waitlisted"
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
mainbhiankit wrote:
only R2 applicants who got waitlisted would receive this one, Nikhil. The EA and R1 candidates who are still on the waitlist received another email, stating "your decision status remains waitlisted"

Thanks for correcting mainbhiankit Yes, I meant those who recently got waitlisted :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
Send PM
Kudos
headofthetable wrote:

+1 I didnt either - R2 waitlist
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 695
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Nikhil wrote:
headofthetable wrote:

I am a WL post interview from R2. I can still see the status on portal but i didnt get any email.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Email may be delayed but as long as you see the decision on the portal, I think you are good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 2.56
Send PM
What do the internship stats look like? A lot of international students, especially Indians, are struggling to get internship offers in the current batch.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Hard to say, there is a chance the economy may worsen, resulting in more difficulty for internships all around and sponsorship is already difficult as is
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
ApnaMBAaayega wrote:
What do the internship stats look like? A lot of international students, especially Indians, are struggling to get internship offers in the current batch.

I think with the tech layoffs this is happening across schools....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q155 V159
Send PM
Kudos
A3030 wrote:
ApnaMBAaayega wrote:

I think with the tech layoffs this is happening across schools....

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q155 V159
Send PM
Kudos
Hello. I understand your concerns. But I think it's not a Duke or India problem. Spoken to some african students at other T20 programs and they also echoed a similar concern. But some Advise I got was to try and secure a job before even starting Bschool. I was told of openings like the Bain Base scholar that opens in June. Other MBBD have similar roles too. Although they're highly competitive, you can get in if you start casing early. So just monitor the websites of these companies if you're interested in consulting. Another Advise I got was to be really flexible with my goals. It's okay to be ambitious and want MBB OR PE VC jobs. But those are very competitive especially as an international. So you might just want to be flexible. An analogy was like trying to date a hot girl. You can show her all they attention you want but if she's not into you forget it. Same with such competitive roles. You can chase them all day long but if you don't have what they want you may not get in. So try to be flexible. I hope this is helpful

can we expect admits for R2 waitlist candidates?

tomorrow?

Originally posted by Ranforce7 on 16 Mar 2023, 14:17.
Last edited by Ranforce7 on 16 Mar 2023, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Haas & Fuqua Moderator
61 posts