It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 19:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 07:56
Hi All,

I am admitted to ESMT, Berlin for Jan'19 Intake. Looking forward to meeting future applicants and classmates.

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Kaushik
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 19:06
Accepted as well with a small scholarship. Trying to decide whether to take the leap to Germany from the USA. Do you know how intense the program is since its a one year? My biggest concern is bringing a wife along and opportunities coming back to the USA at some point afterwards....
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 23:09
nickola wrote:
Accepted as well with a small scholarship. Trying to decide whether to take the leap to Germany from the USA. Do you know how intense the program is since its a one year? My biggest concern is bringing a wife along and opportunities coming back to the USA at some point afterwards....

Congrats for the offer! It is a very intense program for first 5-6 months. Berlin is a very safe city to live in, but opportunities for non-German speaking people are very less. And in US, this program is not widely known. Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Kaushik
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 23:33
nickola wrote:

Firstly congrats on your offer..!
Well, the decision making is dependent on your post MBA career goal. That said, I would elucidate on the factors below

[b]Curriculum [/b]: - One of the best in Germany, good value for money ( FT-8 rank as far as Val. for money is concerned) + we also have an opportunity to work for a cause which is completely funded by the college as a part of Responsible Leadership Program- which I am sure, adds a great value to our resume in the long run. (for 6 months)
Nevertheless, it should be noted that, ESMT is NOT IMD. Classes are completely in English.

Fees
:- much cheaper than upper tier-2 colleges than the US, also as far as I know, US citizens don't have visa issues too.. Living expenses are also affordable.

Alumni Spread
:- Decent recognition inside Germany, the best part is its location- which is Berlin- extremely international envt. Fair and safe society too.. There are also guys who got into MBB firms.

Post MBA employment
: Ranges from 65k Eur to 150K Eur. If you want to get into Tech firms, it is one of the best places to get into in Europe, if consulting is the goal, German is mandatory. At least B1 level by the time you complete MBA should keep you in an extremely safe place to own a job. As you know Berlin is the EU startup hub, there is always a greater chance to bag great opportunities.

Moral of the story - If you learn German at least to the level of B1- the chances of NOT getting a job is very little. Germany is great in terms of employer rules and social security too.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 12:52
bhargavhyd another question as well, you can also PM if you want, do you seem to get along well with your classmates? Do you have any freetime after your day, or basically study nonstop for the first few months? I only ask so my fiance will know what to expect.

Thanks for the feedback! I speak Germany at a B2/C1 level, my German might be a little rusty but I've studied abroad in Germany / did an internship as well as visited Berlin several times. My goal is to work in a startup afterwards so that I can gain a little more experience before trying my own venture. Speaking German isn't a problem, it's more my fiance who did her full time MBA at Chicago Booth a few years back and whether shes going to find work in Berlin with limited German. She is currently a senior manager at Walgreens in the digital realm. She is also not getting younger / thinking about starting a family etc after we get married in December.

I like the program because it seems a little older, tons of startup opportunities, and a chance to get my German up to the C2 level.

I think we just have to consider living in Germany a year or two afterwards.

I did get accepted to Esade but couldn't accept because the visa situation in Spain is a lot more difficult when bringing a partner along.

Only other school I am seriously considering is Boulder.

I would have applied to other schools, but set my sites a little lower as I'm an older candidate, 34, and there tends to be a lot more age discrimination at the top programs / want me to join their evening programs but not full time....

bhargavhyd wrote:
nickola wrote:

Firstly congrats on your offer..!
Well, the decision making is dependent on your post MBA career goal. That said, I would elucidate on the factors below

[b]Curriculum [/b]: - One of the best in Germany, good value for money ( FT-8 rank as far as Val. for money is concerned) + we also have an opportunity to work for a cause which is completely funded by the college as a part of Responsible Leadership Program- which I am sure, adds a great value to our resume in the long run. (for 6 months)
Nevertheless, it should be noted that, ESMT is NOT IMD. Classes are completely in English.

Fees
:- much cheaper than upper tier-2 colleges than the US, also as far as I know, US citizens don't have visa issues too.. Living expenses are also affordable.

Alumni Spread
:- Decent recognition inside Germany, the best part is its location- which is Berlin- extremely international envt. Fair and safe society too.. There are also guys who got into MBB firms.

Post MBA employment
: Ranges from 65k Eur to 150K Eur. If you want to get into Tech firms, it is one of the best places to get into in Europe, if consulting is the goal, German is mandatory. At least B1 level by the time you complete MBA should keep you in an extremely safe place to own a job. As you know Berlin is the EU startup hub, there is always a greater chance to bag great opportunities.

Moral of the story - If you learn German at least to the level of B1- the chances of NOT getting a job is very little. Germany is great in terms of employer rules and social security too.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 23:30
Congratulations you both on admit. I have couple of questions if you may help
1. How many days it took from application submission to admission confirmation?
2. What was the process ?
3. Can you share your interview experiences please?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 23:43
amitpassionate wrote:
Congratulations you both on admit. I have couple of questions if you may help

It takes close to a month ( depending upon the number of applications)
Application submission > document verification > interview > Confirmation
Please note that, if you are invited to the interview- you can be 90% sure of an admit. The rejection is post interview is low, unless there is a blunder from one's side.
That said, interview is more of a formal discussion about, why mba, what post mba and some personal stuff.
its a very simple coffee time discussion.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 00:50
Thanks Bhargava ...

I have applied on 1st of April and my refrees submitted recommendations on 2nd. Fingers crossed now..

Can you suggest on following
1. Do you have agriculture industry represention in current class?.
2. Do I need to send official gmat score before document verification?
. I have uploaded GMAT score report copy along the application though.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 00:55
amitpassionate wrote:
Thanks Bhargava ...

I have applied on 1st of April and my refrees submitted recommendations on 2nd. Fingers crossed now..

Can you suggest on following
. I have uploaded GMAT score report copy along the application though.

don't worry - I am a Human genetics guy degree too. (your application process depends on post mba goals).
We are atleast better than engineers w.r.t competation

No- I have just uploaded the "test taker copy"
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 15:00
Anyone know anything about spouses finding jobs? Our main concern is difficulty in finding senior management positions for non German speaking spouse with booth Mba and 5 years experience in a top position. Though maybe if she starts now b1 is achievable by January?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 10:01
Submitted my application in 04.04, got a mail stating that most of the seats are accepted and they will let me know if they will consider my application by e. Apr

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2018, 10:01

Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap