GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 00:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2015
Posts: 7
Location: India
Schools: ESMT"19 (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 00:50
vks0088 wrote:
hi can anyone please tell me how much time ESMT admission committee takes after submitting the full time mba application to respond and if they call for an interview what are the usual interview questions asked..??
thanks in advance!!



Usually 4 weeks, you can call them or mail and ask for status. They will give you a feedback.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 6
Schools: Erasmus '20
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V28
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 18:34
Madhusudhan365 wrote:
Submitted my application in 04.04, got a mail stating that most of the seats are accepted and they will let me know if they will consider my application by e. Apr


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hi Madhusudhan365

I am planning to apply for ESMT's Full time MBA programme. Can you please elaborate what information they provided you in their mail after Application submission?? Does it mean that the quota for Indian Student has already been filled??
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2015
Posts: 7
Location: India
Schools: ESMT"19 (S)
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 18:39
vishalverma7002 wrote:
Madhusudhan365 wrote:
Submitted my application in 04.04, got a mail stating that most of the seats are accepted and they will let me know if they will consider my application by e. Apr


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hi Madhusudhan365

I am planning to apply for ESMT's Full time MBA programme. Can you please elaborate what information they provided you in their mail after Application submission?? Does it mean that the quota for Indian Student has already been filled??


I am not sure if the quota for Indians is filled up.
They informed me about their decision (not accepted) and put up some consoling words.
If you are planning to apply ensure you have built a perfect profile.
You can also send your scores and CV for pre check, they will advise if you stand a chance of entry in current scenario of applications.

Hope it helps.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 11:36
Hi Guys,

I just received my admit to the 2019 intake as well. Has anyone formally accepted the offer yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2016
Posts: 8
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2018, 03:44
Hi Guys,
Is it late to apply for Jan'19 intake?
I am an Indian candidate,and probably will apply by 10th june.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2018, 13:26
tejas01 wrote:
Hi Guys,
Is it late to apply for Jan'19 intake?
I am an Indian candidate,and probably will apply by 10th june.

Posted from my mobile device



Hi Tejas,

As per my understanding, the competition is quite intense for Indian applicants this year. So I would suggest you submit your application ASAP and not wait till 10-June. I applied in April and back then had to wait for a few seats to open up because of selected candidates not joining. Don't leave it to luck and give it your best shot...NOW!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2018, 08:42
As an Indian applicant, is it too late to apply now?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 13:51
kratosrage wrote:
As an Indian applicant, is it too late to apply now?


I am assuming it might just be, but i suggest you waste no time and speak to the Admissions Team (Stephanie). You can also send in your profile for a quick pre-application evaluation and they will tell you if you can still apply for this year or next year's intake.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 28
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 16:04
What does the schedule of the ESMT classes typically look like? Is it just 9 to 12 and 2 to 5 daily, with two classes per day? I am just trying to get a sense compared to American programs that seem completely different in schedule.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 03:32
sunnysid have you accepted the offer from esmt..are you going to esmt this january ??/
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 31 Jul 2018, 10:35
cantrollmyrs wrote:
What does the schedule of the ESMT classes typically look like? Is it just 9 to 12 and 2 to 5 daily, with two classes per day? I am just trying to get a sense compared to American programs that seem completely different in schedule.


Hello again @cantrollmyrs. How's it going? Haven't decided yet? I am not aware about the specifics but I did happen to discuss with a few alumni and with my interviewer and I was told that the program is quite rigorous. The academics as well as the assignments need total involvement and commitment but i guess that is a good thing. After all an MBA is all about managing your time and resources well!

Originally posted by sunnysid on 31 Jul 2018, 10:33.
Last edited by sunnysid on 31 Jul 2018, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 10:35
vks0088 wrote:
sunnysid have you accepted the offer from esmt..are you going to esmt this january ??/


Hi vks0088, yes i did accept the offer and looking forward to moving to Berlin in Jan. Are you enrolled too?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 28
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 15:14
Thanks for replying. I have heard the same. I only ask because a fiance /wife by that time would be coming, and wanted to give her at least some of my time! If I was single this would be a non issue. I've seen the schedule at least for a month and yes its pretty intense. That means classes 9 to 12, and 2 to 5, with a one hour lunch and one hour for group work / probably clubs. Unlike a one year MBA in the USA where you actually just go over the core business classes in a few months and join up with the 2 year MBA, this sets you up for condensing the entire 2 years into one year. Certain Fridays are left open for study and other activities, but overall its 9 to 5, study work after. If you manage your time well you could enjoy the weekend without too much stress.

I was hoping someone had a better idea of the schedule, but the above is all I've learned regarding the program.

I do think such a schedule is a good preparation for the real world. If you want to go into entrepreneurship, this can require a similar schedule and managing your time effectively to balance work and family life.

We'll see how it goes!


sunnysid wrote:
cantrollmyrs wrote:
What does the schedule of the ESMT classes typically look like? Is it just 9 to 12 and 2 to 5 daily, with two classes per day? I am just trying to get a sense compared to American programs that seem completely different in schedule.


Hello again @cantrollmyrs. How's it going? Haven't decided yet? I am not aware about the specifics but I did happen to discuss with a few alumni and with my interviewer and I was told that the program is quite rigorous. The academics as well as the assignments need total involvement and commitment but i guess that is a good thing. After all an MBA is all about managing your time and resources well!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 91
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 05:42
sunnysid i have submitted the ESMT applicationfew days back..Don't know what will happen next
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 11:10
cantrollmyrs wrote:
Thanks for replying. I have heard the same. I only ask because a fiance /wife by that time would be coming, and wanted to give her at least some of my time! If I was single this would be a non issue. I've seen the schedule at least for a month and yes its pretty intense. That means classes 9 to 12, and 2 to 5, with a one hour lunch and one hour for group work / probably clubs. Unlike a one year MBA in the USA where you actually just go over the core business classes in a few months and join up with the 2 year MBA, this sets you up for condensing the entire 2 years into one year. Certain Fridays are left open for study and other activities, but overall its 9 to 5, study work after. If you manage your time well you could enjoy the weekend without too much stress.

I was hoping someone had a better idea of the schedule, but the above is all I've learned regarding the program.

I do think such a schedule is a good preparation for the real world. If you want to go into entrepreneurship, this can require a similar schedule and managing your time effectively to balance work and family life.

We'll see how it goes!


Unfortunately that's all i know yet!!! I plan on speaking with a current student soon. I'll fill you in on that. So have you accepted ESMT offer?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 11:11
vks0088 wrote:
sunnysid i have submitted the ESMT applicationfew days back..Don't know what will happen next


Well, there's nothing you can do except wait. Se be patient and optimistic. I hear you get a call soon. good luck
Re: Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 01 Aug 2018, 11:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 36 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ESMT Applicants (Jan 2019 Intake) - Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.