It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 03:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 12:21
I actually first cancelled my score but then reinstated because I didn't have time to take it again.

So my test is from June but I didn't have AWA when I submitted application because I just reinstated it. Could it be an issue? They will see that I took GMAT in June but for some reason still report 0 AWA.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 64 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 12:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I would've advised you to address this briefly in the Additional Info space, but since the app is already in, I do not think there's much you can do. I think they will know you didn't really get a 0 on AWA and I also think if they are interested in interviewing you, they will interview you -- this won't be the deciding factor. If you do get an interview then be prepared to explain it at that point.

Good luck!

MarieAndreeva wrote:
I actually first cancelled my score but then reinstated because I didn't have time to take it again.

So my test is from June but I didn't have AWA when I submitted application because I just reinstated it. Could it be an issue? They will see that I took GMAT in June but for some reason still report 0 AWA.

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 13:14
Hi Erika,

Thank you! Do you think it makes sense to call and address this? Maybe they can attach some kind of a note to my application?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I would've advised you to address this briefly in the Additional Info space, but since the app is already in, I do not think there's much you can do. I think they will know you didn't really get a 0 on AWA and I also think if they are interested in interviewing you, they will interview you -- this won't be the deciding factor. If you do get an interview then be prepared to explain it at that point.

Good luck!

MarieAndreeva wrote:

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 13:31
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I personally am usually against calling the adcom unless it's something really urgent or weird.

Just so I'm clear, you put in your score from a test you cancelled in June but then just recently (as in this week) "reinstated." Are you sure you will eventually learn what your AWA was? If so, I would wait until you know what it was and then if it is really bugging you, I would call them and explain the situation (BRIEFLY -- write out what you want to say beforehand so you don't ramble) and ask if you can supply them with your AWA now that you have it. But I wouldn't call them before you have it.

Hope that helps!

MarieAndreeva wrote:
Hi Erika,

Thank you! Do you think it makes sense to call and address this? Maybe they can attach some kind of a note to my application?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Good luck!

MarieAndreeva wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 15:14
Hi Erika,

Thank you for your thoughts. I think that quite a few people report 0 in AWA since it explicitly stated in the application that one can report 0 for AWA or IR if unavailable yet. So I kind of thought that admissions person will not even notice that I was supposed to have AWA by now.

Another alternative - maybe I just filled my unofficial results and forgot to fill in the rest. Not sure if this is a good potential explanation though) Was not worried about this before but now start to worry)

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I personally am usually against calling the adcom unless it's something really urgent or weird.

Just so I'm clear, you put in your score from a test you cancelled in June but then just recently (as in this week) "reinstated." Are you sure you will eventually learn what your AWA was? If so, I would wait until you know what it was and then if it is really bugging you, I would call them and explain the situation (BRIEFLY -- write out what you want to say beforehand so you don't ramble) and ask if you can supply them with your AWA now that you have it. But I wouldn't call them before you have it.

Hope that helps!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: Sloan '19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 16:51
No one cares. You have more important things to worry about than wringing your hands over a 0 AWA.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2016, 18:05
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
A ha -- well that is a very important bit of context that I didn't have before! If it actually SAYS IN THE APP that you can put 0 if the score is unavailable (which is the situation in your case), then there is definitely nothing to worry about and you should absolutely not contact them. I have never had a client in this situation and do not access the online app myself, so I was not aware of those instructions.

I think you are in the clear.

Best of luck!

MarieAndreeva wrote:
Hi Erika,

Thank you for your thoughts. I think that quite a few people report 0 in AWA since it explicitly stated in the application that one can report 0 for AWA or IR if unavailable yet. So I kind of thought that admissions person will not even notice that I was supposed to have AWA by now.

Another alternative - maybe I just filled my unofficial results and forgot to fill in the rest. Not sure if this is a good potential explanation though) Was not worried about this before but now start to worry)

SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Hope that helps!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2016, 00:35
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
No, don't reach out. They're swamped and as long as you got the confirmation email saying that you are part of Round 1, you're good. If they need the score, they'll reach out. It takes GMAC longer than a week to send them.

ddb1990 wrote:
CJH2015 wrote:
Self-reported - I only asked GMAC to send scores a week before though. I think once the proof is finalized, it doesn't update. The GMAT score is something that's confirmatory in nature - if they don't get it and need it, I'm sure HBS will reach out.

It says self-reported on mine as well, and I completed it 7 weeks before finalizing my application. Think this is reason to send them a note?

Thanks,

D

Erika, I actually took the GMAT more than six months ago. I asked them to report my scores at that time and it still says self-reported? Any idea why? Worth contacting GMAC? Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2016, 09:59
Erika, thank you so much for your help!

Do you know what is the overall process with the scores - do they verify them as they read an application or it is rather final stage after the decision already had been made?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
A ha -- well that is a very important bit of context that I didn't have before! If it actually SAYS IN THE APP that you can put 0 if the score is unavailable (which is the situation in your case), then there is definitely nothing to worry about and you should absolutely not contact them. I have never had a client in this situation and do not access the online app myself, so I was not aware of those instructions.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2016, 10:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I can't say for sure because I myself have not been on an admissions committee, but I would bet A LOT of money that since literally thousands of people apply to the top programs and over 90% won't get in, they will not verify until they are at least at the interview stage or even after that (admit decision/enroll decision) because it would just be too big of a pointless time-waster.

MarieAndreeva wrote:

Do you know what is the overall process with the scores - do they verify them as they read an application or it is rather final stage after the decision already had been made?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Expert Post
B

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2016, 10:11
So are other applicants saying they see something else other than "self-reported" on the app?

If so, then yes, perhaps call the GMAC. But I wouldn't call the school about it.

---
It says self-reported on mine as well, and I completed it 7 weeks before finalizing my application. Think this is reason to send them a note?

Thanks,

D[/quote][/quote]

Erika, I actually took the GMAT more than six months ago. I asked them to report my scores at that time and it still says self-reported? Any idea why? Worth contacting GMAC? Thanks![/quote]

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2016, 10:27
Thank you, Erika. Agree on this. I am just thinking in my case if they see no AWA in the application, they might want to check the report and learn this score. By the way, I received the score this morning and got 6.0.

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I can't say for sure because I myself have not been on an admissions committee, but I would bet A LOT of money that since literally thousands of people apply to the top programs and over 90% won't get in, they will not verify until they are at least at the interview stage or even after that (admit decision/enroll decision) because it would just be too big of a pointless time-waster.

MarieAndreeva wrote:

SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2016, 10:42
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Nope. I don't think you have to worry about this -- it's putting the cart before the horse, so to speak! Since they included instructions about when/why it's OK to leave the AWA blank in the app instructions, that means it happens enough for it to be a pretty common occurrence. They've seen everything, trust me!

[quote="MarieAndreeva"]Thank you, Erika. Agree on this. I am just thinking in my case if they see no AWA in the application, they might want to check the report and learn this score. By the way, I received the score this morning and got 6.0.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2016, 15:07
Thank you, Erika!!!

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Nope. I don't think you have to worry about this -- it's putting the cart before the horse, so to speak! Since they included instructions about when/why it's OK to leave the AWA blank in the app instructions, that means it happens enough for it to be a pretty common occurrence. They've seen everything, trust me!

MarieAndreeva wrote:
Thank you, Erika. Agree on this. I am just thinking in my case if they see no AWA in the application, they might want to check the report and learn this score. By the way, I received the score this morning and got 6.0.

Retired Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 11:08
So how do the interviews work? Looking at last year the invitations went out about a month after the deadline. How long after do people actually go interview?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 13:45
Dondarrion wrote:
So how do the interviews work? Looking at last year the invitations went out about a month after the deadline. How long after do people actually go interview?

Man - a lotta people pretty confident about interviews here - haha... I think they roll through mid-November based on what I saw from the thread last year

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 14:23
CJH2015 wrote:
Dondarrion wrote:

Man - a lotta people pretty confident about interviews here - haha... I think they roll through mid-November based on what I saw from the thread last year

Yeah, they must know something we don't.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Retired Moderator
B

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 14:44
hffballer wrote:
CJH2015 wrote:

Yeah, they must know something we don't.

I'll let yall in on the secret. HBS interviews about 1/5 of their applicants. That means that if you have a job where you don't get to take days off, you may have to start doing some pre-planning about how you're going to interview if you actually get the invitation.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 15:27
Why are there so few people applying this year for R1? Same for Yale...

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
B

Kudos [?]: 569 [0], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 15:38
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:
Why are there so few people applying this year for R1? Same for Yale...

Folks need to update their profiles ;)

Sent from GMAT Club Forum mobile app

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 569 [0], given: 345

Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2016, 15:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  27    Next  [ 538 posts ]