GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jul 2018, 22:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 10:44
@cjh2015, there wasn't anything that specifically said "pilot alumni program" word for word. But I just assumed it was the vast number of off campus events during interview period to which you can register to meet local alumni. I assumed it a new occurrence but I could be wrong. I highly doubt they'd send it to select people - that doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 10:47
CJH2015 wrote:
BSeasoned wrote:
kyxj wrote:
Anyone who got their invite manage to open up the interview booking portal? My status hasn't changed on my application page so there's nothing to select yet.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yes. It is working. I booked my slot

Yes - click into your full application page (the one that tells you your application ID reference number) - there's a new yellow box that appears. Click that link there and you can book.

Separately, BSeasoned, kyxj, in your guys' invitations, did it mention anything about this "pilot alumni program". I've scoured all over my invite and the interview page links and can't find reference to it. Assume it only got distributed to some people perhaps...

THere is a link on the update page ," interview information". go there and click "get to know HBS". You will find on and off campus interview receptions.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 21:01
My invitation included section about participating in the pilot alumni connection program. On the website to register for the pilot program, it mentioned that only a smaller pool of interviewees were invited for this.

Did anyone else receive this in their invitation?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 07:24
Dcosmba wrote:
My invitation included section about participating in the pilot alumni connection program. On the website to register for the pilot program, it mentioned that only a smaller pool of interviewees were invited for this.

I think only a small subset got this (I didn't) - any indication whether this was an intentional selection or random from the website language you mentioned? According to P&Q, the primary purpose of this pilot is to increase yield against Stanford - so take it as a vote of confidence that they really want you!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:20
jonny1986 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
No email. I know there's technically still hope but I feel crushed :(

Cheer up! Some people are suggesting that the distribution is different this year (i.e. a smaller percentage of invites went out today). :-D

I definitely share your sentiment though. I'm going in blind with all of my applications, so HBS is the first "feedback" I'm getting on whether I'll be a viable candidate anywhere. I didn't use an admissions consultant, and I come from a non-traditional background (actuarial work), so nobody in my office has gone through this process before. I'm just thankful Booth will be releasing results next Friday--If I fail to get an invite from both HBS and Booth, then I'll at least know sooner rather than later that there was something fundamentally wrong with my application.

What are your stats, if you don't mind my asking (background, scores, etc)?

My first post here...

Who else is waiting with bated breath? My heart rate seems to have doubled and I can't wait to see if I get an invite today!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: Stanford '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Oct 2016, 08:32
koyegbeke wrote:
jonny1986 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
No email. I know there's technically still hope but I feel crushed :(

Cheer up! Some people are suggesting that the distribution is different this year (i.e. a smaller percentage of invites went out today). :-D

I definitely share your sentiment though. I'm going in blind with all of my applications, so HBS is the first "feedback" I'm getting on whether I'll be a viable candidate anywhere. I didn't use an admissions consultant, and I come from a non-traditional background (actuarial work), so nobody in my office has gone through this process before. I'm just thankful Booth will be releasing results next Friday--If I fail to get an invite from both HBS and Booth, then I'll at least know sooner rather than later that there was something fundamentally wrong with my application.

My first post here...

Who else is waiting with bated breath? My heart rate seems to have doubled and I can't wait to see if I get an invite today!

You think they'll be released at a similar time as on Tuesday?

Originally posted by eaze on 06 Oct 2016, 08:26.
Last edited by eaze on 06 Oct 2016, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:30
speedilly wrote:

My first post here...

Who else is waiting with bated breath? My heart rate seems to have doubled and I can't wait to see if I get an invite today![/quote]

You think they'll be released at a similar time as on Monday?[/quote]

I think so. I guess it makes sense that they would stick to releasing the interview invites around the same time.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:30
speedilly wrote:
You think they'll be released at a similar time as on Monday?

I'm going to guess and say yes (assuming you mean Tuesday).

12:24 EST.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:35
I'm dying, can't keep my focus on work.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:36
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:39
Karol404 wrote:
I'm dying, can't keep my focus on work.

Makes two of us. I haven't gotten anything done in about half-an-hour.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.85
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:41
Is anyone setting up a chat like Tuesday?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:43
mbawesome wrote:
Is anyone setting up a chat like Tuesday?

Can be found here: mchat.php?fl=menu
Current Student
GMAT 1: 650 Q36 V44
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:46
The chat is blocked by my office firewall, so I'll be relying on this thread again. I think I might leave my phone and computer from 12:00 to 12:30 just to avoid looking.

Here's hoping for good news today :)
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 08:50
TooTaxed wrote:
The chat is blocked by my office firewall, so I'll be relying on this thread again. I think I might leave my phone and computer from 12:00 to 12:30 just to avoid looking.

Here's hoping for good news today :)

I hear you! Good luck!! :)
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 09:31
Anyone who got invite based in Middle East??

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Oct 2016, 10:21
CJH2015 wrote:
Dcosmba wrote:

I think only a small subset got this (I didn't) - any indication whether this was an intentional selection or random from the website language you mentioned? According to P&Q, the primary purpose of this pilot is to increase yield against Stanford - so take it as a vote of confidence that they really want you!

Nothing to specify whether it was random or not, it just said a 'a small portion' was invited to the pilot. I personally thought I had a better chance at Stanford than Harvard with my background (although HBS is my current preference by a small margin), so maybe it was selective. I am interested to hear from anyone else who got this.

Edit: I am also located in California.

Originally posted by Dcosmba on 06 Oct 2016, 09:49.
Last edited by Dcosmba on 06 Oct 2016, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 09:55
Guys, anyone already invited today?
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 09:57
Received an invite 11:59 EST

I am the master of my faith;
I am the captain of my soul.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2016, 10:11
Guys, I have some big news.

There is currently a tropical cyclone storming through America's south east. Homes and lives are being destroyed.

That could be you! There are worse things in life than getting rejected from HBS :).
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2016, 10:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  27    Next  [ 538 posts ] 

Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap