Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Schools: Johnson '21
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
EastCoastAdmit, Congratulations on the admit! and thanks for the tip.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Any idea when HBS R02 interview invites will be out?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
GRE 1: Q168 V160
Send PM
They haven’t announced the date yet, but last year it was Feb 3. It will likely be first week of Feb
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Do you know how do they take decisions, one profile at a time ? The final decisions are done end of february or before that?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
So each application is read in full by two different members of the admissions board; we don’t like split up parts of the application or anything like that. They work together to decide which applicants we can move forward to the interview stage in our process. We have a really intensive reading period, where we’re all pretty much heads-down and only focused on reading and getting to know you as an applicant. We use all of the pieces of the application to try to get to know you as well as we can, so we want an understanding of your job history, your resume, what your recommenders have said, your academic background, and what you shared in your essay.

Those who are invited into the interview stage, which typically comes about four to six weeks after the initial application is submitted, will receive an interview invitation. Shortly after we start reading, we’ll let people know, “here’s the date that you’ll hear from us on,” so it won’t be up in the air. We will give you an exact date and time when you’ll know whether you were invited to an interview or not. Once we send out interview invitations, there’s usually a little bit of time between when those invitations go out and when we actually start interviewing, so you have time to arrange your schedule and pick an interview slot that’s going to work for you.

For everyone who we invite to interview, we offer the chance to connect one on one with Harvard Business School alumna or alumnus. Most people who interview opt into that. It’s not part of the evaluation process at all, so it’s fine if you don’t want to opt into that. We introduced this a few years ago, and felt like this was a great opportunity for people to just get a personal experience and a personal conversation with an alum to learn about what the experience might be like for them if they come to HBS. We try to match people up who have similar career interests or paths, and those are usually pretty fun conversations that the alumni and candidates have on their own. It’s purely meant to be helpful to the candidate.

The interview itself, I confess, is my favorite part of the process. We finally get to meet the person who we’ve been excited about and learning about over the past several weeks through the application. And on our end, we actually do a lot of preparation. I sometimes think of this a little bit like how you would prepare for a case method class: you make sure you’ve read the case, you understand the business, you understand the questions that might come up, and you walk into the room trying to be ready. When I’m preparing for an interview, I read the whole application. If I’m going to be talking with someone from a company or an industry that I may not be as familiar with, I’ll try to read up on that and understand it more because I want to walk into that room, ready to be a good conversationalist with the person I’m going to be interviewing. I want to be able to ask good questions that can help us get beyond the surface level of what’s on your resume. The interviews typically last about 30 minutes, and the goals are to get to know the candidate better and to imagine that person in our community. We like to get into a dialogue and see where things go from there. Immediately after an interview, we’ll write up our notes and put them in your file.

The last thing that goes in an applicant’s file before the final decisions come out is this post-interview reflection. Reflection is really built into the whole experience at Harvard Business School. We want you to learn, not just a lot about business, but a lot about yourself and what brings you a sense of meaning or purpose. At the end of the admissions process, we want to give you the opportunity to include anything you’ve learned or to reflect on how you believe you did the interview. It’s explicitly not an extra essay, although I’ve heard from some that it can feel like that. We hope that people will take a really informal approach and be honest with us in the reflection. On our end, we’ll read those post-interview reflections and take that into consideration as we make final decisions. At this stage of the process, almost everyone that is “qualified” to be there has the academic preparation and the inclination of success at HBS. Our task at that point is one of crafting a really diverse class of students who bring different talents, perspectives, and ideas about how to move forward. And that really powers the case method and powers our community in just what we can learn from people who are different from us and have different experiences than us. The decisions go out after that.

This is an excerpt from an interview with Chad Losee, Managing Director, MBA Admissions and Financial Aid at HBS

Originally posted by samsung1234 on 12 Jan 2022, 11:21.
Last edited by samsung1234 on 12 Jan 2022, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Interesting, thanks. I was just thinking if there is anything we would like to share with the admission board, what would be the deadline by which we need to do that in order to give them enough time to consider. I am talking after the submission of course.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Generally, they say that they will not accept updates. Any updates can be shared in the interview
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Anyone knows the acceptance rate for the further consideration ones?
Current Student
Send PM
Michelesaragat wrote:
Anyone knows the acceptance rate for the further consideration ones?
I think that would be difficult to know. Weren’t you admitted at CBS? Thought I saw your name in the specific chat
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes I was
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats !! I’ve just withdrawn my CBS application because they wouldn’t accept my EA score (3 days after submission ..)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah I ve seen. Does not make sense but it is what it is
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
How many drafts did you guys write when working on your essay?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
I had a core draft; reworked it thrice...then edited it to finalise the essays for different schools. :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
very nice

HBS was probably the only school I wrote from scratch

I wrote like 4 different essays from scratch (about 1000 words each). And each time I would read it and think it’s absolute garbage and just scrap it completely

Until one night I had a dream about a structure of an essay, I woke up and wrote the structure down and went back to sleep

I ended up with a pretty nice essay! I hope it’s good enough to get me an interview

Originally posted by samsung1234 on 14 Jan 2022, 05:54.
Last edited by samsung1234 on 14 Jan 2022, 05:56, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Noicee. Hope it gets you through!
Current Student
Send PM
Hey, how much HBS does wait diversity of the class? Do they focus on citizenship / nationality or ethnicity? I may be wrong but I have the impression that top schools like HBS / Stanford ... do weight diversity when average schools will be obsessed with the GMAT score. I am right?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts