[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "221_school_count"
Calling all HEC Paris Applicants Sept 2024 Intake : HEC Paris - Page 17
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 17:51 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 17:51
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q159 V161
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Paris Applicants Sept 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Hi everyone. The program has started to call admits. I got a call from HEC a couple of minutes ago.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congratulations 🥳 when did you have your last interview
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
My two interviews were on January 9th.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello there. I’m new in the chat group, and I’m applying for the Msc in International Finance and the Master in Management . I wondered if I could have some helps or tips on how to made a very good essay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Has anyone already received their admissibility results for MiM R2?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
BarbaraIngrid wrote:
Hello there. I’m new in the chat group, and I’m applying for the Msc in International Finance and the Master in Management . I wondered if I could have some helps or tips on how to made a very good essay.

BarbaraIngrid - you could check out this article for guidelines/ tips on how to write a great essay. Though the article is intended for MBA applicants, most (if not all) points also apply to MiM/ Masters.

You could also check this article which details the key steps and timelines for an MiM/ Masters application.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out through the link(s) below if you'd like to have a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 127
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 530 Q40 V21
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
skaylenn wrote:
Has anyone already received their admissibility results for MiM R2?

You will not get it on a personal email as far as I've read on their website. It will be released for all at the same time, you have to log on to your admission portal and check it for yourself.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
admitStreet wrote:
BarbaraIngrid - you could check out this article for guidelines/ tips on how to write a great essay. Though the article is intended for MBA applicants, most (if not all) points also apply to MiM/ Masters. You could also check this article which details the key steps and timelines for an MiM/ Masters application. Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out through the link(s) below if you’d like to have a deeper chat. Regards, Arvind Founder, admitStreet W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com

Sure I will. Thankssss.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone else heard back from HEC for the Dec round?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Kudos
diego97 wrote:
Hi everyone. The program has started to call admits. I got a call from HEC a couple of minutes ago. Posted from my mobile device

Congratulations! I did too, received an email a while back :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I did, too 😁
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
congrats to you

$
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Can anyone give feedback on my profile :
Indian male
GMAT Score- 660 (Q47, V34)
UG CGPA - 6.4/10
WE -
2013 to 2017 - Mech Engineer in oil & gas in India, got 1 promotion
2017-2018 - Market Analyst for 10 months in New Zealand,
2018-2023 - Founder of a startup (could not secure funding, so wounded up)
It would be really helpful if anyone gives suggestion on how much GMAT score do I need to secure admission with and without scholarship.
Thanks in advance.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [0]
Given Kudos: 20634
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhi770 wrote:
Can anyone give feedback on my profile : Indian male GMAT Score- 660 (Q47, V34) UG CGPA - 6.4/10 WE - 2013 to 2017 - Mech Engineer in oil & gas in India, got 1 promotion 2017-2018 - Market Analyst for 10 months in New Zealand, 2018-2023 - Founder of a startup (could not secure funding, so wounded up) It would be really helpful if anyone gives suggestion on how much GMAT score do I need to secure admission with and without scholarship. Thanks in advance.

Hi. I cannot comment on the GPA as it differs in universities, The average for HEC B.A. program it’s probably around 710 which means for an Asian engineer the average would be around 730. You would likely need a 750 and above to qualify for a scholarship but European schools are not very generous with scholarships… So you are chasing the wrong continent.

Obviously these are the old GME scores or the classic scores and the new ones that end with five would be the same percentiles but just the scores are slightly different.

in many cases, your score can be average or below average and you can get a admission or sometimes even a scholarship but that’s very rare for competitive demographics. Why should the program admit someone with below average score which will have an impact on their rankings and prestige if they have plenty of people with 740s and 760s applying. And they have to be really motivated to attract that someone with a subpar GMAT to give them a scholarship. You have to be bringing a lot of value to the program in that case….
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
bb wrote:
in many cases, your score can be average or below average and you can get a admission or sometimes even a scholarship but that’s very rare for competitive demographics. Why should the program admit someone with below average score which will have an impact on their rankings and prestige if they have plenty of people with 740s and 760s applying. And they have to be really motivated to attract that someone with a subpar GMAT to give them a scholarship. You have to be bringing a lot of value to the program in that case….

Thank you bb for sharing your thoughts. Will work on improving the GMAT score.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [1]
Given Kudos: 20634
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abhi770 wrote:
Thank you bb for sharing your thoughts. Will work on improving the GMAT score.

The GMAT Focus well having some disadvantages from the standpoint of data insights questions, improves some of the scoring deficiency of the classic GMAT where you could lose quite a few points for missing just a handful of questions in the beginning of the test. Some people who were not good about timing and perhaps a bit frazzled during the start of the test may see meaningful gains in the overall score… You can also see about crossing to the dark side - GRE 😂 (just kidding)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
abhi770 wrote:
Can anyone give feedback on my profile :
Indian male
GMAT Score- 660 (Q47, V34)
UG CGPA - 6.4/10
WE -
2013 to 2017 - Mech Engineer in oil & gas in India, got 1 promotion
2017-2018 - Market Analyst for 10 months in New Zealand,
2018-2023 - Founder of a startup (could not secure funding, so wounded up)
It would be really helpful if anyone gives suggestion on how much GMAT score do I need to secure admission with and without scholarship.
Thanks in advance.

Hi abhi770 the breakdown of your GMAT looks balanced but try to improve if you would like to maximize your chances for scholarships and apply in early rounds. In the early rounds, applicants with high GMAT scores are preferred for scholarships. In late rounds, scholarships depend on the GMAT/GRE and what remains of the school's scholarship budget. I have seen folks with very high scores trying to squeeze some financial aid in R3 and after but there's really not much the school can do then.

I was once told this by an INSEAD official, so I think HEC would also follow a similar practice- For those from overrepresented populations, a Q49 score equivalent (the 75th percentile) is considered borderline elite. This score signals to the admissions committee that the applicant can handle the rigorous and analytical academic curriculum.
For native English speakers, on the other hand, a high verbal score is viewed positively by admissions committees because it demonstrates a strong command of the language, which is consistent with the expectations of this population.
For non-native English speakers, the verbal score is more likely to reflect their ability to participate in discussions in a truly global and diverse group at schools that place a high value on discussion-based pedagogy (like INSEAD and HEC). But a less than average GMAT verbal score should be balanced by a high Quant score. A low undergrad GPA should also be balanced by a high GMAT.

Feel free to connect for candid advice

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19  ...  28