GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 18:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all IESE MBA applicants for 2019 intake (Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status  
IESE Thread Master
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 2.5
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all IESE MBA applicants for 2019 intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2018, 15:59
Sejal0203 wrote:
Hi all. I just got an interview invite but it is in Bangalore this coming weekend itself and I am based out of Hyderabad. I was expecting an online interview. I have mailed them requesting for an online interview. Waiting for their response. Has anyone else also come across something like this?

Posted from my mobile device

Hello,

the website quite clearly states that Face-to-face interviews can be held on the IESE campus in Barcelona, via video conference, or with admissions directors who travel across the world to meet candidates every year.
I live in Munich and had to fly to Barcelona for mine, that's a 2h flight, as opposed to your 1h5min flight. You can always ask for a video conference, but I believe you are giving up a serious opportunity since face-to-face always gives that little extra opportunity to relate to/with people.
The way it was explained to me is: video interview is only if you're unavailable or really do live really far away from where they have people available to do interviews.

I'm not saying adcoms would see it this way but if I were in their shoes, and I see a prospective student hesitate at taking a 1h flight to do an interview, I would consider how motivated that student is to join my B-school.

say I were to apply to Harvard: If I can't make the on-campus interview, I guess it would be somewhat understood, but instead they would most likely have my interview with an alumn in Hamburg (1h flight from Munich).
It doesn't really matter as you mentioned you have already mailed them.
I hope they managed to accommodate you and that your interview will go well
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V42
GPA: 2.63
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IESE MBA applicants for 2019 intake (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2018, 17:46
Congratulations guys!

For those who got their acceptances, did you guys receive any scholarship information?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 03:18
Just been invited to interview online!!!

I have also been invited to Assessment Day in Sao Paulo. Although I am unsure if it is mandatory and it is a 4.5 hr flight from Santiago, on a weekday.

"Assessment Day Sao Paulo November 24th 2018

The Assessment Day has been included in the admissions process due to the high volume of strong applications we have received. As an important part of the process, the Assessment is an opportunity for invited candidates to show off their strengths through various activities throughout the day.

There is no prior preparation required for these activities and you do not need to bring anything. It is strongly recommended for you to participate in this process, since Assessment Day performance can factor into both admissions and scholarship considerations in a very competitive pool.

Please confirm your attendance to the Assessment Day directly to me, by email asap."

:)

IESE Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 03:52
pkron wrote:

I have also been invited to Assessment Day in Sao Paulo. Although I am unsure if it is mandatory and it is a 4.5 hr flight from Santiago, on a weekday.

The Assessment Day has been included in the admissions process due to the high volume of strong applications we have received. As an important part of the process, the Assessment is an opportunity for invited candidates to show off their strengths through various activities throughout the day.

There is no prior preparation required for these activities and you do not need to bring anything. It is strongly recommended for you to participate in this process, since Assessment Day performance can factor into both admissions and scholarship considerations in a very competitive pool.

Please confirm your attendance to the Assessment Day directly to me, by email asap."

as they state,

the AD is not required, but HIGHLY recommended. If you get invited it usually means they're interested but would like to know more of you. If you do not go they would have to go off of what they know of you, whereas the other students get the opportunity to leave an extra (good) impression.
IESE Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 03:53
huh? apparently i'm IESE threadmaster... didn't notice
does this increase my chances of getting accepted following my own Assessment day ;-)
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IESE '21 (WL)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 03:55
Aeon86, it is my turn to feel jealous!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 09:57
aeon86 wrote:
pkron wrote:

as they state,

the AD is not required, but HIGHLY recommended. If you get invited it usually means they're interested but would like to know more of you. If you do not go they would have to go off of what they know of you, whereas the other students get the opportunity to leave an extra (good) impression.

But isn't it weird I got the invite together with the interview invite.
How can they be unsure if I haven't been interviewed. Or is it usually done like that.

Seems like a 'hunger games' event. Lolz
IESE Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 12:54
pkron wrote:

But isn't it weird I got the invite together with the interview invite?
How can they be unsure if I haven't been interviewed? Or is it usually done like that?

Seems like a 'hunger games' event. Lolz

Honestly,
My personal view would be that they went through your application and thought:
ok so we will get a better idea of who this guy (or girl) is through the application, but we would also like to have a feel of how (s)he interacts with others.
I imagine if you're not in a position where you have a lot of interpersonal contact, they would default invite you?

but then again, I'm speculating, no one but your Adcom would be able to tell you that.

Best of luck though, it's closer than you think.
I keep thinking the 17th is far away, and then I think: next week I'll be in Singapore for work, the week after, I'll be in Saudi Arabia, and ...
then it's Assessment day week ;-)

and 2 weeks after that it's decision time.

time flies. I honestly feel as if summer just ended. and we're nearly Christmas.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 14:02
Thanks for the feedback guys!!

Anyone else invited to Assessment Day at Sao Paulo?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 00:20
agneovo6 wrote:
Congratulations guys!

For those who got their acceptances, did you guys receive any scholarship information?

Hi,

Yes. I got a 25 % fee waiver. Even I am interested in knowing about the scholarship status of admitted candidates. :)
Please do share!
IESE Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 01:47
Kobeshi wrote:
agneovo6 wrote:
Congratulations guys!

Hi,

Yes. I got a 25 % fee waiver. Even I am interested in knowing about the scholarship status of admitted candidates. :)
Please do share!

congratz! it's a tidy sum of money you save there.
could you share with us your profile? GMAT, work experience, background etc?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V42
GPA: 2.63
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 05:36
Kobeshi wrote:
agneovo6 wrote:
Congratulations guys!

Hi,

Please do share!

Nice, congratulations!
I got a 20% waiver and was wondering how they were selecting candidates for it. I asked Adcom, and this seems to include both need-based as well as merit based scholarships and will be divided in 2 parts over the 2 years.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 05:57
aeon86 wrote:
Kobeshi wrote:
agneovo6 wrote:
Congratulations guys!

Hi,

Please do share!

congratz! it's a tidy sum of money you save there.
could you share with us your profile? GMAT, work experience, background etc?

Thank you!
GMAT* 730 q50/v40
Work experience* 3 years in Product Development in Medical Devices Industry in Japan
Background* Engineering (Masters from IIT Bombay)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 05:58
agneovo6 wrote:
Kobeshi wrote:
agneovo6 wrote:
Congratulations guys!

Hi,

Please do share!

Nice, congratulations!
I got a 20% waiver and was wondering how they were selecting candidates for it. I asked Adcom, and this seems to include both need-based as well as merit based scholarships and will be divided in 2 parts over the 2 years.

Thank you and congratulations to you too!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 02:54
Any Indian R1 applicants invited to Assessment day? ANy going to SG on 24th for the same? ALso, is there anyone who's decided to not attend AD?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 18:45
Anyone who is invited for AD and not going?

IESE Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 02:35
Dear AnitaS,

is there a specific reason you're inquiring about this?
Are you not able to attend?
Not attending due to other commitments you cannot get out of will not be held against you (or so i've been told).
But you are missing out on a tremendous oportunity to leave an even better impression!

If they invited you, it's because they want to see more of you and how you interact with students, not going basically denies them that chance, and then they have to make their decision based on what they know and what they assume.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 13:05
Folks,
Was wondering what's the avergage time one may have to wait in between an online Skype interview and being invited to attend an Asessment day?
Thanks!
IESE Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 16:33
Hello bovinematters,

You have no idea how much fun I had typically your nickname (yes it’s silly I know).

With regards to the Assessment day.
There is no guarantee you’ll be invited.
Spots are limited, and they usually invite people which they feel they need to know more about/see them in action.
So please don’t take a non-invite as a bad thing.

What round and where did you apply?
Notifications for the Spain AD went out yesterday, although I was already aware of it since my interview invite (because I’m a reapplication I have to go through it, even though I applied early decision)

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Duke '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2018, 17:44
Hey Guys

Anyone who can give me a brief about what happens on Assessment Day? What kind of prep should I do ?

Also what's the dress code for the event?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IESE MBA applicants for 2019 intake (Class of 2021) &nbs [#permalink] 10 Nov 2018, 17:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 82 posts ] 

Calling all IESE MBA applicants for 2019 intake (Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap