Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 20:35 It is currently 08 May 2024, 20:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Kudos
RiyaJain69 wrote:
Useful insights. Thanks for these! I am curious how important essays are in the final selection decision at IIM A. I have had a diverse career (journalism, heading a start-up, professional musician, farming) but I could not highlight all my achievements in my interview. I was asked what my immediate goal is and what value I bring, if selected. I answered the immediate goal part well but then the panel posed a question, the conversation drifted to other topics and, I realised later, I did not speak at all about what value I bring. But I have elaborated this point well in my essay. So I’ve been wondering whether my essay answers that question for the panel. I was also curious whether the panel gets to go through our entire application and essays. If yes, why do they ask a question that’s already been answered in the essay.

@RiyaJain69 yes, the professors have access to the applications, and they go through them thoroughly. Many applicants have reported being cross questioned about something they wrote in their essays.
You should not think too much about missing the opportunity to address the contribution part. The panel is assessing overall suitability and readiness, and how you will contribute will be clear from your answers to other questions. And plus its pretty common for the panel to interrupt the candidates so dont you worry :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
avinash231 wrote:
In R2 a friend of mine was literally thrown out of interview room in 10 mins with panelist’s declaring him rude and unwilling to listen But surprisingly he got an admit So I believe it’s a holistic opinion they make I don’t think GMAT contributes more than 30% to final results, only thing where it’s important is during shortlisting for the interview

wow! I would take it with a pinch of salt because rudeness is the number one reason why a school would reject an applicant. I have easily seen cases very closely where applicants have bombed the interviews but still got through, but never one where an applicant misbehaved and still got through. Applicants are generally more self-critical when they play the interview in retrospect, but probably the pgpx panel got what they wanted from him in those 10 minutes. The pgpx interview format is overtly critical, so it may have seemed the panel was throwing him out. The IIM A profs IMO are not interested in beating around the bush once they have formed an opinion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
RiyaJain69 wrote:
Useful insights. Thanks for these! I am curious how important essays are in the final selection decision at IIM A. I have had a diverse career (journalism, heading a start-up, professional musician, farming) but I could not highlight all my achievements in my interview. I was asked what my immediate goal is and what value I bring, if selected. I answered the immediate goal part well but then the panel posed a question, the conversation drifted to other topics and, I realised later, I did not speak at all about what value I bring. But I have elaborated this point well in my essay. So I’ve been wondering whether my essay answers that question for the panel. I was also curious whether the panel gets to go through our entire application and essays. If yes, why do they ask a question that’s already been answered in the essay.

@RiyaJain69 yes, the professors have access to the applications, and they go through them thoroughly. Many applicants have reported being cross questioned about something they wrote in their essays.
You should not think too much about missing the opportunity to address the contribution part. The panel is assessing overall suitability and readiness, and how you will contribute will be clear from your answers to other questions. And plus its pretty common for the panel to interrupt the candidates so dont you worry :)

Thank you for allaying my concerns, Aanchal. Also, for your posts about IIM A extempore and interviews. I read and re-read them thoroughly to prepare. Hoping for the best now.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [0]
Send PM
RiyaJain69 wrote:
Thank you for allaying my concerns, Aanchal. Also, for your posts about IIM A extempore and interviews. I read and re-read them thoroughly to prepare. Hoping for the best now.

So glad to know it was helpful :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Since the interviews are done now, any idea when can we expect the results?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT Focus 1:
665 Q90 V79 DI80
Send PM
10th Feb
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Is there a group for all waitlists or atleast the waitlist of round 2?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Pls dm if you want to join the WL group for IIMA PGPX

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Kudos
People who have admits, what is the tentative starting date of the course you have received?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
there is some chance that the r3 results will get declared by Feb 3 or 4.

1. r1 results were due by oct 20 but were released by oct 13.

2. r3 timeline mentioned earlier was for shortlist by Dec 29 and essay submission between Dec 29-31. later this was advanced to Dec 21 shortlist and essay between Dec 21-23.

generally, the process this year has been getting preponed by a week or so. maybe, there's some chance for early release of r3 results as well - by feb 3/4.

ironman_97 wrote:
Since the interviews are done now, any idea when can we expect the results?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Do we get an email or do we need to keep checking the portal ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Yash_chandra wrote:
Do we get an email or do we need to keep checking the portal ?

First portal than email
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 7.4
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
In my R3 interview, one of the prof at the end mentioned that this course is for people who want to switch career and not for people who want to go into the same domain. This he told when I mentioned about by post mba goals. I kind of felt that he was trying to grill me, as 1 year is too short of a time to switch careers. He also said all the best with a smirk at the end. Am I over thinking or did I actually have a bad interview ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2024 Intake, Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Indrakumar95 wrote:
In my R3 interview, one of the prof at the end mentioned that this course is for people who want to switch career and not for people who want to go into the same domain. This he told when I mentioned about by post mba goals. I kind of felt that he was trying to grill me, as 1 year is too short of a time to switch careers. He also said all the best with a smirk at the end. Am I over thinking or did I actually have a bad interview ?

technically, it is for ppl who wish to pivot AND for ppl who wish to advance within current domain. maybe the prof was testing you to see what's really in your head vs what responses u've prepared.

a lot of ppl in pgpx pivot all 3 - function, industry, geography. this was clarified during the webinars, i believe.

probably overthinking. did you get a mentos/candy offered at the end of the interview ? what's up with that ?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-iim-ahmedabad-pgpx-applicants-2023-intake-class-of-393572-260.html#p3075154

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
Indrakumar95 wrote:

Interesting! In my interview, when I said I want to get into consulting, one prof asked me whether I did not want to stay in my same domain. I said I am keen to pivot completely into consulting and that's why worked hard in the last year to add spike-worthy achievements to my profile. Then the prof said that usually PGPx students get into the same domain, the college has seen that domain switching does not happen much, but not that it does not happen. I reiterated a couple of times in my interview (and have done so in my essay) that I want to get into consulting. Let's see what the result looks like. Can't waittt!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Professors have different ways of evaluating I guess. I was confused that my interviewers did not ask me a single career related question. Just asked me why do you want to do an MBA when you already have a good undergrad
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 7.4
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
sunbabaphu wrote:
Indrakumar95 wrote:

technically, it is for ppl who wish to pivot AND for ppl who wish to advance within current domain. maybe the prof was testing you to see what's really in your head vs what responses u've prepared.

a lot of ppl in pgpx pivot all 3 - function, industry, geography. this was clarified during the webinars, i believe.

probably overthinking. did you get a mentos/candy offered at the end of the interview ? what's up with that ?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-iim-ahmedabad-pgpx-applicants-2023-intake-class-of-393572-260.html#p3075154

I did get the toffee though XD probably a silver lining!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  56